• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T3 Thread

Let's see some of those ctr's in bravo chassis.
5rd AICS r2.jpg

Can anyone suggest a chassis for my Tikka T3X CTR 6.5 CREEDMOOR that won't break the bank. I have a Bravo chassis on my tikka 308 that I use for hunting. The 6.5 will be most competition and target.

569$ X-ray is not bad price, still light weight and US made.
https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/x-ray-chassis/

750$ you can get full competition chassis from MDT.
https://mdttac.ca/collections/chassis-systems/products/acc-chassis-system?variant=15468983550023

MPA starts at 925$ for Tikka action.
https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-chassis/

Bargain would be this B&C tactical stock, only 395$
It would use CTR bottom metal and magazine.
https://www.stockysstocks.com/bell-...etition-remington-700-short-action-stock.html

Reactions: Slo cat
569$ X-ray is not bad price, still light weight and US made.
https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/x-ray-chassis/

750$ you can get full competition chassis from MDT.
https://mdttac.ca/collections/chassis-systems/products/acc-chassis-system?variant=15468983550023

MPA starts at 925$ for Tikka action.
https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-chassis/

Bargain would be this B&C tactical stock, only 395$
It would use CTR bottom metal and magazine.
https://www.stockysstocks.com/bell-...etition-remington-700-short-action-stock.html
Right now I'm between the MDT LSS XL gen 2 with a skeleton rifle stock V5 which is around $785 and MPA BA Hybrid that is around $850 chassis any thoughts.

It’s the wrought iron.

Also, please forgive my ignorance as I bout this chassis 2nd had. It came with this on it. What is this? Anyone?
9F6BBB95-4244-462B-B511-0F4F46CA731F.jpeg
AED39AC1-625E-420E-8FE3-193A6802A819.jpeg

Right now I'm between the MDT LSS XL gen 2 with a skeleton rifle stock V5 which is around $785 and MPA BA Hybrid that is around $850 chassis any thoughts.

I'm very happy with my LSS-XL G2, but I put an MBA-3 on it. Nothing in particular against MDT, but I couldn't see spending almost 3x as much for either of their buttstocks. I'm sure they're both nice and very well made being aluminum instead of plastic, but I'd rather have 10 or 12 boxes of extra ammo.

What kind of shooting do you want to do with the chassis? If you're an all rounder I think the MDT LSS-XL G2 will be great for you. The MLOK and rounded hand guard are better for all round as opposed to say the MPA with ARCA and their wedge lock system. If you plan to shoot competitions, the ACC chassis from MDT looks to have just dropped in Tikka and is getting rave reviews.

What kind of shooting do you want to do with the chassis? If you're an all rounder I think the MDT LSS-XL G2 will be great for you. The MLOK and rounded hand guard are better for all round as opposed to say the MPA with ARCA and their wedge lock system. If you plan to shoot competitions, the ACC chassis from MDT looks to have just dropped in Tikka and is getting rave reviews.
My plan is all rounder target and competition with this chassis.
What but stock for the lss xl?

My plan is all rounder target and competition with this chassis.
What but stock for the lss xl?

I've only ever used the MDT skeleton buttstock and it was fine for me. I also only ever ran the LSS-XL G1 but have seen the G2 and the MPA chassis. And I am also Canadian and therefore biased a bit towards MDT (full disclosure).

@MDT_Josh used to run the LSS-XL G2 and skeleton light as his competition platform before moving to the ACC. Maybe ping him for any detailed questions?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I've only ever used the MDT skeleton buttstock and it was fine for me. I also only ever ran the LSS-XL G1 but have seen the G2 and the MPA chassis. And I am also Canadian and therefore biased a bit towards MDT (full disclosure).

@MDT_Josh used to run the LSS-XL G2 and skeleton light as his competition platform before moving to the ACC. Maybe ping him for any detailed questions?

Thanks for the tag @adamjma and feel free to ask me whatever @Brian o 23 ! You're right that I ran the XL Gen2 for most of this season and then switched to the ACC, so I can answer a lot of the questions you may encounter :)

Where can I get a new recoil lug for a t3x into a bravo chassis? My original one is mia.

Where can I get a new recoil lug for a t3x into a bravo chassis? My original one is mia.
Id be getting in touch with KRG. they do sell them on their site. the chassis isn't designed to take a normal tikka recoil lug, its pretty much a press in lug to suit their machined backbone/chassis.
Just to clarify the Bravo doesn't re-use your factory tikka lug.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOISCOID
Id be getting in touch with KRG. they do sell them on their site. the chassis isn't designed to take a normal tikka recoil lug, its pretty much a press in lug to suit their machined backbone/chassis.
Wow, I did not know that. Learn stuff every day here

Wow, I did not know that. Learn stuff every day here

Same. I read the specs on bravos more closely and it looks like they include the recoil lug with the bravo.

Thanks

I saw a video by area 419 that you use the front two swivels and where you bolt the action in the stock. This was for a ram 700 though. Do you mount it this way for tikka or do you have to drill the stock?

Thanks

I saw a video by area 419 that you use the front two swivels and where you bolt the action in the stock. This was for a ram 700 though. Do you mount it this way for tikka or do you have to drill the stock?
The PRS stock had a flush fit with the arca rail. The T4A, not so much. I had to install two forward tee nuts to get it to fit flush and the rail sits slightly forward.

The pics and explanation are in this thread:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/arca-dove-tail-rail-on-manners-area-419.6914523/

Reactions: bgavin
Curious what my new tac a1 stock might be worth? It would be a pull/off I fired - thoughts? Thinking of going another way and have no idea

After an unpleasant experience with a carbon ring and Varget in my Dasher-barrelled Tikka I am happy to see this kind of performance from IMR 4166:

IMG_7653.jpg

2 x 5 shot groups at 100 yards on the same dot. I was having a good moment today. Too bad I can't do this on command.... Yet.

Does anyone have a link to or have the info on getting a krg bravo to work with factory ctr mags? I am wanting to upgrade but would like to keep my factory mags, I’m not having any luck searching for the info.

I take it this was a dumb question due to no response? Maybe so... just throwing it out

Curious what my new tac a1 stock might be worth? It would be a pull/off I fired - thoughts? Thinking of going another way and have no idea

Not a dumb question.

It's a nice chassis but I haven't seen any sold on here to try and judge a price.

Alright, so I have this Tikka CTR action currently chambered in 6.5CM with a barrel and barrel nut from PVA. If I wanted to get say a 6.5prc or a 300wsm barrel (specifically a CF wrapped one-for hunting), what all would I need to do to my rifle in its current configuration?

I know I’d have to buy a new bolt (SA magnum bolt face) for the bigger cases. Would I have to lose the barrel nut and have the new barrel shouldered? Or, just order a CF barrel blank, send it to PVA, and have them spin it up to fit their barrel nut? What about the bolt stop/release? Would I have to change that as well to accept a 6.5prc or 300wsm?

Pardon my ignorance, I’m just trying to figure out if I should go this route, or if I’d just be better off buying a separate rifle in one of those SA magnum calibers...? Here she is with the barrel nut:
View attachment 6978976View attachment 6978977
I would say that going a new rifle would be a good idea.
Bolts for the Tikka are silly expensive unless you get one off someone somehow for a good price.
May be worth looking into the Tikka Superlight as a starter? Not too expensive and may shoot well enough to leave standard for the time being?

Reactions: Wyzrd
What's your load with 4166

I couldn't find a ton of data to start with, and after blowing a plastic bolt shroud off in a match I am being very conservative now.

I ran a pair of ladders from 31.0 to 32.8 grains in 0.2 grain increments and have two nodes, one at 31.5 and one at 32.0 it seems. I haven't done any further development and won't be able to until after Christmas. I was using FF'd Lapua brass, CCI 450 primers and Hornady Match 105 bullets (training load) in a Bartlein 5R 1:7 twist 26" medium Palma barrel.

Velocities are ~2868 and ~2907 for the nodes. No primer flattening (although some flow around the firing pin, but I get that all the time with Dasher) and no increased bolt lift until well into the upper 32 grain range. Looks like another higher node at around 33 grains might work, for ~2950 which is in line with what the latest Precision Rile Blog post indicates the pros are getting. I'll stay at 2907 and call it a day.

The group I posted above was some foulers I loaded with 30.0 grains.

I take it this was a dumb question due to no response? Maybe so... just throwing it out
Definitely not a dumb question, in fact the only dumb one is the one not asked. I think no one is replying, because we just haven’t seen enough for sale to make an educated estimate. I can tell you I saw one go for 500$ with one mag here recently which is prolly the very low end, it sold very fast! If you had to nail me down to a price I would probably say 625$ with one mag and 750$ with 3 mags. Again this is just a wild guess

In Accessories for Sale some has the chassis for sale at $575 with 1 mag. There was a PM response but no sale yet.