• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3 Thread

I stopped in one of the gun shops I like. They've had a couple of 20" T3x CTRs that I've been fondling. Low and behold they now have one in 24". Then, to my surprise, sitting next to it was a Sako A7 Long Range chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. The Sako is about $300 more than the T3x. I know the Tikka will have more aftermarket support than the Sako, but damn the Sako was nice.

I have a Sako A7 Tecomate in 270WSM. Absolutely love it for a hunting rifle. I also saw the Sako A7 Long Range with the 26" bull barrel at my local gun shop recently. Really liked the look of it, and the stock felt fantastic. As a taller guy, the long LOP fit me right. However, the 3 round clip is a deal breaker. If you think about a competition shooting event, you would need to change the magazine 6 times to the Tikka's once to get 20 shots downrange. If they offered an aftermarket 10 round clip, that would be a different story too, but its not offered. I have spent a week looking online (would love to have someone prove me wrong with a link). To make matters worse, the magazine release is part of the action that goes around the recoil lug, so you can't easily just remove it and try and fit something else in its place. As much as I like my Sako, I cannot recommend it because of the magazine situation.

I have a Sako A7 Tecomate in 270WSM. Absolutely love it for a hunting rifle. I also saw the Sako A7 Long Range with the 26" bull barrel at my local gun shop recently. Really liked the look of it, and the stock felt fantastic. As a taller guy, the long LOP fit me right. However, the 3 round clip is a deal breaker. If you think about a competition shooting event, you would need to change the magazine 6 times to the Tikka's once to get 20 shots downrange. If they offered an aftermarket 10 round clip, that would be a different story too, but its not offered. I have spent a week looking online (would love to have someone prove me wrong with a link). To make matters worse, the magazine release is part of the action that goes around the recoil lug, so you can't easily just remove it and try and fit something else in its place. As much as I like my Sako, I cannot recommend it because of the magazine situation.

Thanks for your input. I looked around too after initially handling the A7. Like you though, I have found no alternative to the stock magazine. Deal breaker for me too. Maybe someone will prove us wrong and there is a higher capacity mag that can be used.

6.5 in a GGS Raptor, GGS brake, sterk bolt handle, accu tac bipod, yo Dave trigger spring, tikka performance 20 moa rail, NF NXS 3.5-15 F1. (put the razor on my .300 win mag sendero.)

LOVE the German Gun Stock.

Jsu9fuP.jpg
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/j9t8wu8.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Snarkscarbine,

How are you liking the Minox? I'm thinking about picking one up. Very nice rifle btw!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Jsu9fuP.jpg"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/j9t8wu8.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Shot my first 3 shot group with my 260 today. Not bad for factory ammo.
ab695ad73e67cc0d6294c9f9f56118b2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Do the manners stocks for the CTR come with pillars installed? I am torn between the Manners with factory mags and the KRG W3 and AI mags.

Reactions: TheChief
Mountain Tactical just announced their new bottom metal, which is CTR inlet but uses AI mags. I believe it is available now in short action, and long action is in the works.

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?_route_=tikka-t3-accessories/tikka-aics-dbm

It's a great product tikka performance has. I originally talked to Jeff at CDI about making the design for me and he wanted to help but with his personal life changes last year it didn't happen. I talked to tikka performance and they had a design to me in 3days. Its mag well is large and makes it easy for finding the hole. Mine is at manners right now. Tom says the new bottom metal is slightly larger then a factory ctr. I don't think the long action has the skirt around the bottom like the short action does.

I've been using the Atlasworx CTR/AICS bottom metal since a few months. might be a lighter alternative.... especially for those outside of the US.

20170206_121452_zpshehziuoy.jpg

20170214_161354_zpsoxmhmunh.jpg

edi

Last edited:
Do the manners stocks for the CTR come with pillars installed? I am torn between the Manners with factory mags and the KRG W3 and AI mags.

When I ordered a T4A for my CTR, I had the aluminum pillars on my order, but they removed them and said they didn't install them on the drop in stocks for the Tikka. I think there's more info in a thread on here somewhere

When I ordered a T4A for my CTR, I had the aluminum pillars on my order, but they removed them and said they didn't install them on the drop in stocks for the Tikka. I think there's more info in a thread on here somewhere

My tikka is there right now getting pillar bedded.

Who did you buy that T5 through mate?

Hey mate, it popped up on Usedguns about 4 weeks ago - you would not believe what APRS quoted me for a Manners T5 - let's just say it was more than I was willing to pay. The original T5 on the Surgeon rifle above I brought in direct from Tom before APRS took over distribution and the prices got hiked.

Last edited:
Hey mate, it popped up on Usedguns about 4 weeks ago - you would not believe what APRS quoted me for a Manners T5 - let's just say it was more than I was willing to pay. The original T5 on the Surgeon rifle above I brought in direct from Tom before APRS took over distribution and the prices got hiked.

Ah shit, that sucks to hear. I literally just bought a custom through APRS. I'm really happy with it though and they were good to work with.

Thanks for the info about Delta though, I'll keep that in mind as it's almost time to start collecting parts for another build (much to the wife's dismay). And I need to get a T4 or 5 for the tikka build that I want to do.

Anyone have the 20" ctr and the 24" version as well? The stainless 24" version is out of stock everywhere, and I talked to a store today and they told me it would be July or August before there would be more available from Beretta.

So...... buy the 20" version now or wait. The rifle will be used for PRS matches, but it's not like I'm a pro. I will shoot 1-3 matches a year.

Anyone have the 20" ctr and the 24" version as well? The stainless 24" version is out of stock everywhere, and I talked to a store today and they told me it would be July or August before there would be more available from Beretta.

So...... buy the 20" version now or wait. The rifle will be used for PRS matches, but it's not like I'm a pro. I will shoot 1-3 matches a year.

I had both, sold the 20" when the 24" came out. They both shot 1/2" or under and really liked how compact the 20" was. All depends how far you plan on shooting and what you will use it for mainly. I wanted the extra speed.

Just got my 20" CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I thought about getting the 24" but I have a thing for short rifles. This is my third Tikka....both my 7mag and 22-250 are easily under half moa and I expect the same from this one. Can't wait to shoot it next to my 20" 6 Creedmoor.

Reactions: TheChief
A few more questions:

Is the primary reason for changing out the factory dbm to be able to use AICS mags in multiple platforms. Second reason cost of CTR mags? Otherwise does the Tikka dbm and mags work well?

Second one: have any of you modified the factory CTR stock. It seems rigid and I believe I read where they add fiber strands to the internal structure of the stock. Looking for mods where someone may have used epoxy or something else to add to the stock or mod of any kind.

Thanks

Rookie7 the ctr mag is a great mag the only down fall is finding them and the price.

if some one is looking for a ctr bottom metal that uses aics mags let me know I have a extra one

Rookie7 the ctr mag is a great mag the only down fall is finding them and the price.

if some one is looking for a ctr bottom metal that uses aics mags let me know I have a extra one

Will you PM me the details and price on that bottom metal? I don't have a rifle yet, but I am looking for the best route when I get the rifle. Thanks

You may try contacting a man on this site "warpig602". He often runs ads in the PX. He found the Tikka I wished in just one week. Highly recommended.

For those of you using KRG Whiskey or X-ray, where did you get yours? Tried looking everywhere and no one has them in stock. Thanks!

My Atlas came in today! Looks and feels great on the gun.
8d06adcb58d79cfda4916feca025082f.jpg

I asked this is the wider forum but didn't get a response. Has anyone had/seen a tikka action be used for a 6XC build?

What order did you guys upgrade parts? Dbm first, stock second, barrel last? Assume starting from a t3x lite. Asking because I'm trying to convince my wife. She wants to know what I plan to do with my next gun in what order and how much it's going to cost before I can buy it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

What order did you guys upgrade parts? Dbm first, stock second, barrel last? Assume starting from a t3x lite. Asking because I'm trying to convince my wife. She wants to know what I plan to do with my next gun in what order and how much it's going to cost before I can buy it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I just bought the Tikka T3 TSR-1. $2000 and done. Better hurry! Only 400 made though.

What is the best route to heat the factory scope base screws up for removal? I have a new base that will be here tomorrow and I'm picking up a new scope next week. Thanks in advance!