• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I should also mention I looked at the KRG instructions and they said to remove a spring clip for the tikkas and unless I'm blind, I don't have one of those.
You don't have one. My early T3 260 CTR had the spring clip though. I have never seen another on a CTR though.

Reactions: teddy12b
If anyone has a bead on a 24” CTR .223 please send it my way. Just want a factory CTR.

EuroOptic has been out of them for like 6+ months and they haven’t popped up anywhere else that I’ve seen.

Anyone have any feedback on loading Berger 140 vld's in a T3x using aics mags with no restrictor plate?

Looking specifically for:

feedback on seating depth and fit into aics mags

feedback on accuracy

Currently using factory barrel but will go to a PVA prefit osprey in spring

Similarly if folks have feedback on Sierra 140 smk's and/or berger hybrid matches in 140 (currently unobtanium) I'd appreciate it

142 SMKs and 136 Scenar-L are about as consistent a bullet as you’ll find. Have had good luck with both in 8t 6.5s, factory barrels and otherwise.

New Magpul Daka grid system. Neat concept, but turrets keep the case lid from closing.
52641584938_5c3a2aa5ea_b.jpg

New Magpul Daka grid system. Neat concept, but turrets keep the case lid from closing.
52641584938_5c3a2aa5ea_b.jpg
So just smash it down

Lol

They should’ve made it so one could remove cushioning from specific areas under the gun (like under the opposite turret).

Or is the problem that the bottom cushioning, in general, is too high?

I like it. i wonder if we can buy just the grid system?
a google search says yes you can buy the onserts

Last edited:
So just smash it down

Lol

They should’ve made it so one could remove cushioning from specific areas under the gun (like under the opposite turret).

Pretty sure you could fairly easily cut out areas underneath if you wanted to. It's still foam. Just a more firm type.

So just smash it down

Lol

Yeah bro, that's the first thing I did. There's a relief cut in the grid for the parallax side of the optic. Helped but the fit still sucks.

Yes the problem is the bottom foam insert they send with the grid is too thick. The grid system was clearly designed for ARs, not anything with a precision-style scope on it.

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
damn, sarcasm fail.

Nothing bad I guess, nothing good either. Lid is bowed out and you can barely use a couple of the latches.

Would never check this set up on a plane. Definitely unfortunate.

Reactions: carbonbased
Did you find a resolution?
Yeah, I got ahold of KRG and they were very fast at responding to my questions. Basically, I just needed to make one small adjustment on a screw for mag well after removing the barreled action. It was genius and frustrating at the same time seeing how the chasis was designed. I've had much better luck cycling the action now.

Tikka t3x lite in 6.5cm

Guys I found 2 different stocks I’m interested in replacing the factory stock with. I’m trying to find out if either will fit.

First is a McMillan with specs below

Other is Manners Standard t3 bottom metal. Factory barrel. New stock. Includes recoil lug.

I’d prefer the Manners, but I want to know if it will fit. Would the barrel channel be correct? Guy said a standard contour channel

Help me out guys! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CB42A02C-BBD8-40DC-8C14-0C6CA75435BD.jpeg
    CB42A02C-BBD8-40DC-8C14-0C6CA75435BD.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 49
They will fit fine but the barrel channels on those stocks are generally going to be cut for CTR/Varmint/light Palma type contours at a minimum.

Not to say that you couldn’t put a lite barreled action in one, you’re just going to have a gap between barrel and forend.

Or, just use it as an excuse to get a new barrel at the same time.

Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50 and Leupold Backcountry rings.

Weight includes empty magazine.
Do you have a picatinny on it? If so, what height rings did you use? I have the same scope and trying to figure what height rings I'm going to need. I have a Murphy Prec. picatinny top rail on order

Thanks

Reactions: General RE LEE
So what do I get with the UPR that the factory stock doesn’t provide? I’m not a shooting guru, but I don’t see $999 in value here.

Beuhler? Beuhler?
The UPR is a factory stock. Just a different factory stock. I see a couple of hundred euro difference between new UPR rifle and new CTR rifle with adjustable stock. Some will like the UPR stock ergos better than the regular Tikka stocks.

The UPR is made from two sandwich composite shells (left/right) which are glued together. Overall a stiff and light stock however the two halves are not always glued together straight meaning the reoil lug might be somewhat crooked. Some say the design features were copied from PSE E-Tac stock that was on the market since 2011.
edi

The UPR is made from two sandwich composite shells (left/right) which are glued together. Overall a stiff and light stock however the two halves are not always glued together straight meaning the reoil lug might be somewhat crooked. Some say the design features were copied from PSE E-Tac stock that was on the market since 2011.

The recoil lug on mine is straight and barrel is centered in stock.

Fully free floated to the lug and factory 20 MOA rail.

82B0C249-987C-4BAC-A49F-44E8886FF730.jpeg
CE729EE5-FBA0-45A7-9941-553A0A2BEA1D.jpeg
43C94AC1-DF28-4FD2-9944-01E092915A34.jpeg

If you have an mdt hnt26 chassis how are you liking it? Is the folder the way to go and is the carbon arca holding up okay?
I picked one up used with the folder and the ARCA forend. I used it with my T3x Roughtech in 6.5 PRC for deer and now have a T3 with a 18" 6 creed barrel in it for coyote hunting. I have used the ARCA with 3 different ball/leveling heads and I leave it attached to the tripod from the time I leave the truck to the time I get back while hunting at night. I point the rifle straight up and throw the tripod up on my shoulder. Tempted to buy another so I don't have to swap rifles back and forth.
006.JPG
013.JPG
008.JPG
067.JPG
055.JPG
043.JPG

Last edited:
My two PRS rigs.
top is 6,5x55AI in an LSS chassis, bottom it 6mm Norma BR in an ESS. custom Arcs swiss rails, both with Kahles 624i.

Third tikka is a 300 WSM in an LSS XL but got no pic handy.

IMG-20230118-WA0011.jpeg

Greetings from Austria

Reactions: 260284
edi
Yep, I saw one in person and didn't like it for that reason.

Being Tikka-made, I'm sure it will be better than most (the Bergara looked worse). But, previously working in lamination manufacturing really brought home that all glued or laminated things can become unglued.

One piece construction if you can, bolted next, then screwed, and glued as the last option.

Or gaffer tape. But then we all know gaffer tape is like The Force: it has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Reactions: ejg