• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

KRG Bravo chassis stock is generally known for being very comfortable. I have one of Greg's Bugnut barrel setups in .260. My only mistake was selecting a Bartlien in Marksman contour. It literally is a hair too big in diameter and touches my TRG 22 bipod (under weight of the gun, it touches the barrel enough to just leave a mark). If you don't want to use a TRG 22 bipod, this isn't an issue. Accuracy has been excellent with that barrel, factory Tikka barrel on my CTR was on the slow side. While many like the factory Tikka trigger, I'm waiting for KRG to release their 2 stage (not a fan of single stage triggers as a general rule).

I had to search the TRG22 bipod because I wasn’t familiar with them. Innovative approach, but I see where barrel diameter could be limited.
I shoot a lot of AR platform rifles, so I would prefer a chassis with an AR type grip system and a folding butt is not a feature I need.

Guys,
I've been thinking about one thing, mostly because all of talk regarding Tikka and Sako.

As I've understood it, they both are made "under the same roof" and are based on the same barrel.

Tikka has a 3 shot MOA guarantee, and Sako has a 5 shot MOA guarantee.

My question is, has anyone compared these two and if so how do they compare to each other?

Just something I've been thinking about, at least since I ordered my Tikka

Looks like grayboe will be inletting the terrain for tikka actions with several choices for dbm including ctr. I am thinking my .300wsm will get that stock with aics mags.

Guys,
I've been thinking about one thing, mostly because all of talk regarding Tikka and Sako.

As I've understood it, they both are made "under the same roof" and are based on the same barrel.

Tikka has a 3 shot MOA guarantee, and Sako has a 5 shot MOA guarantee.

My question is, has anyone compared these two and if so how do they compare to each other?

Just something I've been thinking about, at least since I ordered my Tikka

My understanding is that the barrels are all made on the same line, so unless they are selecting the best for Sako, it's the same barrel. Given that the Tikkas are renowned for precise machining there may not be all that much more that they do to make the Sako better.

Reactions: Brighthighlight
JT is on the money. I was getting .75 MOA average across a string of 10 x 3 shot groups with the factory stock. After changing to the XLR chassis, the last long range training class I took resulted in printing .5 MOA average groups across a similar string. The reality is a .25 MOA improvement could just be things fitting better, better conditions, or just plain luck.

My understanding is that the barrels are all made on the same line, so unless they are selecting the best for Sako, it's the same barrel. Given that the Tikkas are renowned for precise machining there may not be all that much more that they do to make the Sako better.

Precisely what I was thinking as well. Feels like the real life difference between the two will be minimal. If comparing equal type models.

Reactions: adamjma
Hide, I put a KRG Bravo on my Tikka. I would like to add a sling. It has flush cup in the rear and swivel in the front. What am I missing?

Hide, I put a KRG Bravo on my Tikka. I would like to add a sling. It has flush cup in the rear and swivel in the front. What am I missing?
Sounds like you are missing a QD swivel

CTR shooters with the OEM stock and 34mm scopes... what brand and height of rings are you using?

I'm going to mount a 34mm scope w/ 56mm objective. I'd like to use Burris XTR Signatures which come in 1" and 1.5" heights which seem like they might be too low and too high, respectively.

Last edited:
CTR shooters with the OEM stock and 34mm scopes... what brand and height of rings are you using?

I'm going to mount a 34mm scope w/ 56mm objective. I'd like to use Burris XTR Signatures which come in 1" and 1.5" heights which seem like they might be too low and too high, respectively.

The Nightforce 1.00" 34mm rings will fit a 56mm ATACR on a CTR. It's a tight fit, I like it.

Last edited:

You should be fine depending on which rail you’re using, on my ctr with factory rail and a 34 mm atacr (56mm obj) I have seekins med rings and it clears, but you can’t slide 3 pieces of paper between the barrel and scope bell lol, however I do prefer my scopes low as possible

I was just notified by my dealer that my LH Tikka T3x TAC A1 6.5CM has arrived. Unfortunately, due to my travel, I can't take delivery until end-of-month. If I see that there is a difference from the RH models I will post picture.

Best platform to build a rifle is Tikka, if you do not want to go build a custom rifle, that cost 5000$.
You can add best chassis you can find to Tikka, there are triggers for Tikka now, and rebarrel is an option like every other rifle.
So far i have likes the factory barrel, cold hammer forged, what´s bad about that.
You really do not need to shoot your rifle in, like you might need to do if the barrel in button rifles, and does not have hand lapped, how many
factory rifle has that anyways on this price tag.
mdt19.JPG

260REM with factory barrel reloaded ammo is 1/3 gun.
Here is 5-shot 100-m prone with 123gr Scenar.
Loaded with Vihtavuori N150 38,6 grain.
Black dot is 16mm, if you take the bullet diameter off that, it is about 9mm group.
260.jpg

Same with 308win with 5-shot´s 100-m prone.
Loaded with Vihtavuori N150 44,8 grain.
3082.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve posted this in the for sale part, but does anyone on here have a factory T3x trigger there not using? I bought a barreled action off here and the safety mechanism was broke off during shipping ( yes they put the package threw hell) I could get by with just the safety itself it someone has that available as well
Thanks in Advance
Alex

Hey Guys

Ive got myself a fully standard Tikka t3x stainless varmint in 223 with 1/8 twist barrel. I hunt with it and also shoot target at the range. Im thinking of getting a KRG Bravo stock for it. Does anyone on here have much experience with them? And how do they perform out in the field hunting? I want to try and keep it as a crossover type rifle that I can hunt with out of vehicles and not exclusively shooting it prone.
Thanks for your time and information, very appreciated

Not sure if it’s with my dealer pricing or public, but Brownells has GREAT prices on their .260 CTRs and Tac A1.

20” Black is $791
20” SS is $871
Tac is $1421

Tag on one of the regular 10% off promos and you’re in business.

I spent time looking seriously looking at the T3x CTR and a Tac A1 to purchase around Christmas. I didn’t care much for the chassis on the Tac, so I’d prefer the CTR with the intention of upgrading the stock or putting it in a different chassis a little later.
Rebarreling options with a barrel nut ?
What are some of the pluses / minuses / great things, things to watch out for with these rifles ?
I want to buy once and cry once.

This is my first Tikka, so far I am impressed. 6.5 Creed.
The mag catch hole on my mags needed to be adjusted, was having some dropping/feeding issues, 5 sec with a screw driver, problem solved.

I went with the CTR, I wanted a German Gunstock and 20" barrel. I had the bolt fluted, DLC coated, changed out the trigger spring (excellent single stage), 20MOA rail, bolt handle & Knob, Heathen brake. It cost about $500 more than the Tac1 when I was finished, but I have exactly what I wanted.

I am still working my 140 ELDM H4350 Load, but this was outstanding, 0.25 5 shot last weekend. Hoping this is OCW & repeatable, testing COL next week.

20181001_182000.jpg

20180902_155755.jpg

Not sure if it’s with my dealer pricing or public, but Brownells has GREAT prices on their .260 CTRs and Tac A1.

20” Black is $791
20” SS is $871
Tac is $1421

Link? Can’t find anything special

question for all of you Tikka exert.s. I have a TIkka T3x varmint in 300 WSM. I am thinking of putting it into a Manner/McMillan stock with a detachable box magazine. I like to use the AICS or something that would allow a longer COAL.
What do you suggest?
Thank you in advance.

CTR still shooting lights out even with American Gunner

image2.jpeg

My ole man sent this guy to hog heaven with 140 grains behind the ear last weekend.

image1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyzrd and kabarNC
CTR still shooting lights out even with American Gunner

A97CF404-E939-4A44-9E93-290670A71A69_zpssvqowpzc.jpg

My ole man sent this guy to hog heaven with 140 grains behind the ear last weekend.

916493E3-69E8-4E11-AFE9-254042ED5E94_zpsvpqpp0ii.jpg

Photobucket pics don't work.
Try loading your pics as an attachment from your hard drive or imgur.

Photobucket pics don't work.
Try loading your pics as an attachment from your hard drive or imgur.

Huh, good to know. They showed on my browser

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 30

20” Black is $791
20” SS is $871
Tac is $1421

If you have an FFL account and were logged in wth that account, those are your wholesale prices.

I use GB to get a baseline price and then go to my local to compare. I allow him $50-$60 to come up even with shipping and FFL fees. As long ash'e in that range we're good.
If you have an FFL account and were logged in wth that account, those are your wholesale prices.

The other Tikkas are not nearly that cheap for me. Generally, that means it's a sale - but not sure. Either way, a C&R only costs $30 for 3 years.

A1 - $1421:
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/t3x-tac-a1-prod104678.aspx

SS - $871:
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/t3x-ctr-stainless-prod104675.aspx

Black - $791:
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/t3x-ctr-prod104673.aspx

This is my first Tikka, so far I am impressed. 6.5 Creed.
The mag catch hole on my mags needed to be adjusted, was having some dropping/feeding issues, 5 sec with a screw driver, problem solved.

I went with the CTR, I wanted a German Gunstock and 20" barrel. I had the bolt fluted, DLC coated, changed out the trigger spring (excellent single stage), 20MOA rail, bolt handle & Knob, Heathen brake. It cost about $500 more than the Tac1 when I was finished, but I have exactly what I wanted.

I am still working my 140 ELDM H4350 Load, but this was outstanding, 0.25 5 shot last weekend. Hoping this is OCW & repeatable, testing COL next week.

View attachment 6951890
View attachment 6951891

I have a Predator GGS and have a Ranger coming. How do you like the brake? How much does it weigh as it sits? I am switching to a factory 20" barrel after a match on the 20th. I hunted with a 23.5" medium palma last year and it was 12.5 lbs without a magazine.

I have a Predator GGS and have a Ranger coming. How do you like the brake? How much does it weigh as it sits? I am switching to a factory 20" barrel after a match on the 20th. I hunted with a 23.5" medium palma last year and it was 12.5 lbs without a magazine.

I'll weight it again and respond back, but as pictured, I believe it was 11.xx with an empty mag, the Sig Whiskey 5 is weighty. The brake works fine, short, LOUD, I do like the tools less install/removal. I will be using a suppressor after load development.

I'll weight it again and respond back, but as pictured, I believe it was 11.xx with an empty mag, the Sig Whiskey 5 is weighty. The brake works fine, short, LOUD, I do like the tools less install/removal. I will be using a suppressor after load development.

Mine was 12.5 with a TBAC 30P1 and a Bushnell LRSTi 4.5-18. I don't care for muzzle blast, but have considered a brake for competition.

Mine was 12.5 with a TBAC 30P1 and a Bushnell LRSTi 4.5-18. I don't care for muzzle blast, but have considered a brake for competition.

Their is no blast to the shooter, not sure about the folks around me, but I need Double hearing protection.

question for all of you Tikka exert.s. I have a TIkka T3x varmint in 300 WSM. I am thinking of putting it into a Manner/McMillan stock with a detachable box magazine. I like to use the AICS or something that would allow a longer COAL.
What do you suggest?
Thank you in advance.

I’d go with either the Alpha mags or Accurate Mags for that 300wsm. Just my personal preference, but as soon as that 300wsm barrel got shot out, I’d replace it with a 6.5prc...?

20” Black is $791
20” SS is $871
Tac is $1421

Are all these Tikka rifles T3X models?
Though TAC A1 has not even made is T3 time, just Tac they still do, just thinking who would still buy one of those, even it has a same barrel that 22TRG has.

I’d go with either the Alpha mags or Accurate Mags for that 300wsm. Just my personal preference, but as soon as that 300wsm barrel got shot out, I’d replace it with a 6.5prc...?

WTO is releasing a switch lug for Tikka early next year. I think I’m gonna do a switch barrel 300 WSM and 6.5 PRC next year. With a 3.5” mag, should be able to take full advantage of both.

Reactions: Wyzrd
I spent time looking seriously looking at the T3x CTR and a Tac A1 to purchase around Christmas. I didn’t care much for the chassis on the Tac, so I’d prefer the CTR with the intention of upgrading the stock or putting it in a different chassis a little later.
Rebarreling options with a barrel nut ?
What are some of the pluses / minuses / great things, things to watch out for with these rifles ?
I want to buy once and cry once.
The main reason to get a ctr over a t3x is
Threaded and heavy barrel
Comes with rail
Detachable mags
Everything else is the same

I got a ctr a couple months ago and love mine

Reactions: MarinePMI
Looking to get a tikka in 6.5 what would you guys reccomend? Will be swapping out the stock from the get go, thanks.

The other Tikkas are not nearly that cheap for me. Generally, that means it's a sale - but not sure. Either way, a C&R only costs $30 for 3 years.

A1 - $1421:
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/t3x-tac-a1-prod104678.aspx

SS - $871:
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/t3x-ctr-stainless-prod104675.aspx

Black - $791:
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/t3x-ctr-prod104673.aspx

Can I borrow your login ? that pricing isn’t working for me...

Good morning, the Tikka CTR has caught my eye and made it to the top of my list for my next stick. So I've got a couple quick questions.

The throat on my 700 .308 is so long theirs no chance getting close even with Wyatt mags loaded to 2.875 coal

For reloading how close to the lands can you get at mag length. Also is 2.8 max or can you load longer in the factory mags?

On my way to fondle grope and possibly drool a little .... who am I kidding gona go pick up a 260 if it's in stock.

As always thanks for any help.
Bill

Good morning, the Tikka CTR has caught my eye and made it to the top of my list for my next stick. So I've got a couple quick questions.

The throat on my 700 .308 is so long theirs no chance getting close even with Wyatt mags loaded to 2.875 coal

For reloading how close to the lands can you get at mag length. Also is 2.8 max or can you load longer in the factory mags?

On my way to fondle grope and possibly drool a little .... who am I kidding gona go pick up a 260 if it's in stock.

Bill
I don't reload so I can't help you there
About the max coal your going to get with the factory CTR is 2.95. I tweeked the feed lips and loaded 5 rounds in a 10 round mag of Hornady 6.5 PRC and the mag loads and functions fine. I have a 300 WM I'm going to use as a donor and rebarrel in a Proof CF PRC. I already have a B-C stock fitted for the CTR bottom metal so all I need to do is get the barrel set up when ever I get the extra bucks.

Bill

I started with a CTR in 260. I started with the 140 Hornady HPBT, went to the 140 ELDM, and then the Nosler 140 RDF as they liked a lot of jump. Depending on the bullet, I could get into the lands if I wanted to. When that barrel was shot out i went 6.5 Creedmoor and haven't looked back. I used a 23.5" Bartlein medium palma and I picked up a 20" CTR 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. I am switching to the 20" in a couple of weeks for deer season.

Just get a C&R FFL. Just google it. Takes 5 min, $30 for 3 years.
So your saying that Brownells offers a discount for a C&R FFL but you still have to have the "new" firearm shipped to a valid FFL in your state and legally submit the background check and whatever transfer fee that dealer charges....?