• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Does anyone know if the ctr diameter barrel and proof sensor light are the same? Looking to buy a stock
The CTR runs around .790 on the 24" and the Proof runs .820 on the 24" Sendero light at the muzzles.

Last edited:
Ya manners has a stock for my ctr. But it says for sendero light barrel channel. Wanna make sure it will work with the factory 20" barrel.

Any chance you'd have a drop - in bottom metal for factory inlets in .223 Remington?

https://mdttac.com/products/mdt-polymer-magazines?variant=42963894726

The MDT magazines seem to be the only reasonable option at the moment.

I use the MDT mags on a T3 Varmint that has CDI bottom metal. I had to file the feed lips down so they would just clear the bolt. Once I did that, they feed great . I load the 75 gr ELDM to 2.49" COAL and am getting 2940 fps with H4895 and the factory barrel.

Reactions: Edsel
shot_1536605297020.jpg

Zero my new 6.5 ctr in, super impressed with it. This is just Hornady American gunner ammo

Hot or not?
2 x Tikka T3X CTR.
1=260rem
2=308win.
Green OD is MDT ESS.
Behind is KRG Bravo.
Both has Kahles K624i scopes.
Both has Sterk swept must have bolt handles, is some one is wanting, i am selling 2xctr original ones with 120$.
Front one has Vortex precision rings, and behind one has Spuhr.
Both has Ase Utra supressors, front one it is Jet-Z and one in the behind it is SL5i.
Bipod in the front is Harris, with the Hawkhill awesome feets, behind it is Atlas PRS with the superd riflestick grapplers.
Both scopes has MKmachining throw levers, Gen III has the great parallax wheel, i would like to get that for the Gen II also.
Rifle sling you see, is 3HGR sling, very good slings from Finland, this one is made with 2-point attachment points.
Dope card holder is DIY;).
gun.JPG
aseutra.JPG

Last edited:
Took the Tikka T3x to the range today. 6.5 CM, Burris 5-25x50 XTRII, KRG Bravo, and Lil Bastard. I cleaned the barrel last night, then oiled it with Valvoline Synth motor oil. Ran a few dry patches down the bore and called it good. Took 5 different boxes of ammo to see which non lead would shoot best as deer season is just around the corner. Shot Hornady Full Boar GMX, Barnes Vortex TTSX , and Remington w/ Barnes TSX BT, all at 100 yards. The best group was the Remington at 1". Did not expect the Remington to out shoot the others. Shot some Federal Gold Medal w/Berger, 1". To be honest, I was doubting the Tikka`s ability to shoot small groups like others here have stated. THEN, I loaded the magazine w/Prime 130`s. Never shot prime ammo before. I shot my best 5 shot group of my life. 5 shots went into a 5/16" hole. I went over to my buddy and asked if he saw my group? No, he said. I said look at it. He looked at me and said ok. We got a call to clear the line so new shooters could put up targets. We walked to my target. One ragged hole, a small hole. Brought the target home and measured it. 5/16", hot damn Maybell, I am in love.

Does anyone know what components PRIME loads its 6.5 CM ammo with?

Reactions: viking78
Does anyone know if Tikka is ever going to offer the CTR in a 6mm creed? Thanks

I’ve not seen mention of it, but I’d want one if so. I’m half thinking of making my own with my t3 lite 243 and a prefit barrel.

Supppsedly they are going to import a 223 CTR though

I’ve not seen mention of it, but I’d want one if so. I’m half thinking of making my own with my t3 lite 243 and a prefit barrel.

Supppsedly they are going to import a 223 CTR though
I would much rather they imported lefty ctrs especially in stainless. I would much rather start with one of those than a lite stainless.

223rem CTR would be great, i would take one in ss for varmint and small game.

They are bringing out a 223 ctr and tac a1 down here is AUS later this year. So i would assume they woul be available for th US market as well.

They are bringing out a 223 ctr and tac a1 down here is AUS later this year. So i would assume they woul be available for th US market as well.
Not always true. The varmint stainless is available in 300 win mag in aus but not in the us.

If there is 223rem in TAC A1, i would believe that there might be also comint this caliper in CTR, but you never know what they are thinking in the head office, some times factory lords works in mysterous ways.

Took the Tikka T3x to the range today. 6.5 CM, Burris 5-25x50 XTRII, KRG Bravo, and Lil Bastard. I cleaned the barrel last night, then oiled it with Valvoline Synth motor oil. Ran a few dry patches down the bore and called it good. Took 5 different boxes of ammo to see which non lead would shoot best as deer season is just around the corner. Shot Hornady Full Boar GMX, Barnes Vortex TTSX , and Remington w/ Barnes TSX BT, all at 100 yards. The best group was the Remington at 1". Did not expect the Remington to out shoot the others. Shot some Federal Gold Medal w/Berger, 1". To be honest, I was doubting the Tikka`s ability to shoot small groups like others here have stated. THEN, I loaded the magazine w/Prime 130`s. Never shot prime ammo before. I shot my best 5 shot group of my life. 5 shots went into a 5/16" hole. I went over to my buddy and asked if he saw my group? No, he said. I said look at it. He looked at me and said ok. We got a call to clear the line so new shooters could put up targets. We walked to my target. One ragged hole, a small hole. Brought the target home and measured it. 5/16", hot damn Maybell, I am in love.

Does anyone know what components PRIME loads its 6.5 CM ammo with?

They use the 130 Norma Golden Target. They are sold 500/box when you can find them. The powder is not available to the public, but it can be duplicated with H4350. I pulled one and the charge was 43.45 grains if I remember right. My son is using the Prime brass, CCI200, and 44 grains of H4350 in his RPR.

Reactions: Big Bo
Has anyone put a lite profile barrel in a krg bravo? I'm wondering how it would work/look as a place holder until I someday upgrade the barrel.

Has anyone put a lite profile barrel in a krg bravo? I'm wondering how it would work/look as a place holder until I someday upgrade the barrel.
I had a .223 T3 Lite in an X-Ray for a while (same backbone, I believe). I didn't have a problem with how it looked or performed. You can see it on page 5 of the Tikka T3 thread: Tikka T3 page 5

They use the 130 Norma Golden Target. They are sold 500/box when you can find them. The powder is not available to the public, but it can be duplicated with H4350. I pulled one and the charge was 43.45 grains if I remember right. My son is using the Prime brass, CCI200, and 44 grains of H4350 in his RPR.
Thank you 260284

Hey Y’all! So I have decided that the Tikka t3 sitting in my safe shall become my 6.5 PRC. I have the barrel, I just need to find the stock. I’m leaning toward a McMillan Game warden, but Manners is always an option. Anyone have any thoughts or even a lead on the matter?
This is the rifle as it sits now. It wears my first ever stock paint job.
Help a brother out!
346F099A-A67D-46DB-B0CF-65BE54033DA4.jpeg

Reactions: viking78
From my recent experience, McMillan (3-4 months) will be faster than Manners (6+ months).

Hey Y’all! So I have decided that the Tikka t3 sitting in my safe shall become my 6.5 PRC. I have the barrel, I just need to find the stock. I’m leaning toward a McMillan Game warden, but Manners is always an option. Anyone have any thoughts or even a lead on the matter?
Help a brother out!
View attachment 6946235

I like that stock paint job, I’m about to do a blued t3x lite 223 myself so I may copy your color scheme...

I have a McMillan Game hunter edge on my CTR with 17” barrel. I like the look and feel of it, that rifle is about 10.5# all up with a can now in that stock. I like the high non adjustable comb and cheek piece, but of you don’t like cheek pieces the game warden might be the way to go.

https://mcmillanusa.com/product/game-hunter-tikka-t3-t3x/

A Manners eh1 would make a nice handle for a tikka build also

Reactions: HolyCity73
Help a brother out!
View attachment 6946235

I run Mcmillan stocks on all my remingtons and tikka's. I've bought manners in the past but I've returned them all after I received them due to barrel channels not cut straight, DBM inlets not centered, paint missing in alot of areas. Not bashing Manners as my buddy has never had any issues with them, just sharing my experiences.

Reactions: HolyCity73
Well, you losers on this thread made me do it. I bought a CTR .308 (because I have so much ammo for it). It’s lighter than I thought it would be. I’ve only shot 168gr AMAX through it so far. I’d say it’s a 1 MOA 5 shot gun with this stuff in it’s current setup. I don’t find the stock fits me that great, and I have an old SWFA scope that I found in a drawer on it.

I have a KRG Bravo and Bushnell LRHSi 4.5-18 on the way for it. I’ll play with some different ammo. I don’t reload, so it’ll have to be factory stuff.

Tikka CTR into a T3 stock...

What do I need to know?

From my understanding:

-The CTR action and T3 action are the same inlet
-The CTR barrel is of course larger (light palma-ish)
-Using the T3 bottom metal and mags will require a magazine metal clip that the CTR does not have. And sources for this clip?

Anything else?

Trying to see if the CTR can lose a little weight using the lighter T3 stock, bottom metal, and mags.

Well, you losers on this thread made me do it. I bought a CTR .308 (because I have so much ammo for it). It’s lighter than I thought it would be. I’ve only shot 168gr AMAX through it so far. I’d say it’s a 1 MOA 5 shot gun with this stuff in it’s current setup. I don’t find the stock fits me that great, and I have an old SWFA scope that I found in a drawer on it.

I have a KRG Bravo and Bushnell LRHSi 4.5-18 on the way for it. I’ll play with some different ammo. I don’t reload, so it’ll have to be factory stuff.
FGMM and a Triad Tactical stock pack would make your stock CTR a sub-MOA gun that fits you well.

I run a stock CTR 6.5 CM with a Triad Tactical stock pack and reloads and it shoots great. At 100 yards, it shot nearly as well with the Hornady 140 ELD-M factory ammo. Easily sub-MOA.

What do I need to know?

From my understanding:

-Using the T3 bottom metal and mags will require a magazine metal clip that the CTR does not have. And sources for this clip?

Anything else?

Trying to see if the CTR can lose a little weight using the lighter T3 stock, bottom metal, and mags.
The CTR stock, bottom metal, and mag weigh very little.

If you're going to a non-CTR factory Lite stock, I think you could sand out the barrel channel and roll with it, but someone here with more knowledge would have to confirm.

What do I need to know?

From my understanding:

Anything else?

If you were going for lighter weight, then why not start with a Tikka Lite model?

What do I need to know?

From my understanding:

Anything else?

The only thing you need is the magazine metal clip. I got one here in the PX zone. Open a thread with a WTB tikka magazine clip. Many Tikka owners that changed the stock and DBM will have it.