• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I don't have a photo hosting account. Looks like I'll need a whole new bolt. Rear part that holds in the bolt handle shear off. :-(

Anyone have advice for replacement or someone who could help me fix? I'm thinking about welding it myself, if C.S. doesn't want to help.

Ouch! That sounds expensive. :confused:

I guy I shoot with had the same thing happen to him,the whole rifle went back to Finland.Took around 3-4 months.
Personally,i’d tig weld it back together,but it’s your call.

Shot about 200 rounds with my Tac a1 this weekend. I read any number of posts about Tikka barrels being slow. But frankly, shooting RL16 and Superformance, everything has been right on listed book speeds. For instance, 43.5 grains RL16 pushing a 143 eld-x @ 2835 avg with 7.8 sd. 65* outside and average of .42" 5 shot groups. This is with new hornady brass and br-2 primers.

Meant to post this awhile back. Here is one of my custom Tikka T3’s. It’s a tack driver but going to be up for a new barrelsoon.

Attachments

• 1E4B9E60-2018-4DA2-8623-F31835005FB7.jpeg
    1E4B9E60-2018-4DA2-8623-F31835005FB7.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 261
  • FF1E4AD5-2B77-48D3-9DA8-C8315D6D8056.jpeg
    FF1E4AD5-2B77-48D3-9DA8-C8315D6D8056.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 253
I guy I shoot with had the same thing happen to him,the whole rifle went back to Finland.Took around 3-4 months.
Personally,i’d tig weld it back together,but it’s your call.

Could it be that the rear action screw was too long (once) and crammed against the bolt, cracking it?
edi

Meant to post this awhile back. Here is one of my custom Tikka T3’s. It’s a tack driver but going to be up for a new barrelsoon.

Yo, this is SICK!!!
Post more pics. Or if you don't mind, can you pm me some more pics of it? Those colors look real good and I want something like that for a paint job I have in mind! Sick build!!!

Shot about 200 rounds with my Tac a1 this weekend. I read any number of posts about Tikka barrels being slow. But frankly, shooting RL16 and Superformance, everything has been right on listed book speeds. For instance, 43.5 grains RL16 pushing a 143 eld-x @ 2835 avg with 7.8 sd. 65* outside and average of .42" 5 shot groups. This is with new hornady brass and br-2 primers.

What's you COAL, CBTO, and jump?

Does anyone know if you can get a Manners EH6 Inletted for a Tikka T3? It won’t let me in their stock builder and I’m not real into their Manners EH1TK as it says it can only take up to a standard Tikka barrel contour. I have a Proof Carbon and need the lightest stock I can find that will take a standard Proof Sendero Contour.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Does anyone know if you can get a Manners EH6 Inletted for a Tikka T3? It won’t let me in their stock builder and I’m not real into their Manners EH1TK as it says it can only take up to a standard Tikka barrel contour. I have a Proof Carbon and need the lightest stock I can find that will take a standard Proof Sendero Contour.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Earlier this year we had the first customer show up with a Proof barrel on his T3. When ordering he was thinking Remington Sendero size however what arrived seemed larger in diameter. Not sure if he received "Sendero Light" or "Sendero Contour" . The Stock he wanted needed to have the barrel channel altered as it could only take T3 Varmint as max. Awkward with these stocks as the barrel channel is also carbon fibre. Result was very good. I hope to meet the Proof lads when they are over at the IWA Nuernberg next year, seem to have a great product. Note also the Spartan carbon bipod....
I'd recommend, get the stock you want and re-work the barrel channel either yourself or let your rifle builder do it.
edi
Multipurpose proof barrel.jpg
mp rpoof.jpg

Earlier this year we had the first customer show up with a Proof barrel on his T3. When ordering he was thinking Remington Sendero size however what arrived seemed larger in diameter. Not sure if he received "Sendero Light" or "Sendero Contour" . The Stock he wanted needed to have the barrel channel altered as it could only take T3 Varmint as max. Awkward with these stocks as the barrel channel is also carbon fibre. Result was very good. I hope to meet the Proof lads when they are over at the IWA Nuernberg next year, seem to have a great product. Note also the Spartan carbon bipod....
I'd recommend, get the stock you want and re-work the barrel channel either yourself or let your rifle builder do it.
edi
View attachment 6969920View attachment 6969921

What stock is this?

Anyone have experience using take-off barrels on different Tikka actions and how close (or far off) the headspace generally is?

I am wondering about using a CTR barrel on a standard T3 action. I think that it should be very close, but of course I would verify first with headspace gauges.

Anyone have experience using take-off barrels on different Tikka actions and how close (or far off) the headspace generally is?

I am wondering about using a CTR barrel on a standard T3 action. I think that it should be very close, but of course I would verify first with headspace gauges.

I bought a new take off 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for my 260 CTR for a lighter hunting barrel, (I put a 23.5" medium palma 6.5 barrel on it for matches). The take off fit perfect. I have a manson go gauge and it fits snug with it and won't close on it with tape on the base of the go gauge. I torqued it to 70 ft/lbs, not as tight as a factory barrel, but plenty tight.

Reactions: just browsing
Good stuff, that’s what I was thinking as well but wanted to check first.

... Anyone have a 20” CTR 6.5 Creed take-off they wanna sell?

I just got a new Tikka action and checking two barrels (20" CTR and custom Dasher) had the same experience of the new action being just on the good side of the GO gauge and therefore a smidge tighter than the other action. I believe I read someplace that the Tikkas are pretty consistent - for some reason 90+% the same rings a bell for me. Definitely would check with gauges.

I just purchased a T3x Tac A1. Can someone confirm the thread pitch on the Muzzle threads? I am finding conflicting claims on the internet.

Thanks

The earlier generation .308’s were metric but the later ones were all 5/8x24 as I understand it. And all 6.5’s imported to the US should be 5/8x24 as well. I can confirm that my Tikka Tac A1 is indeed 5/8x24.

Good stuff, that’s what I was thinking as well but wanted to check first.

... Anyone have a 20” CTR 6.5 Creed take-off they wanna sell?

I have a black 20" .260Rem CTR barrel laying here if you're interested. Has 400rds thru it, took it off because I won a re barrel at a match. PM me and I'll get some pics if you want..

Anyone had a Manners/McMillan Tikka stock inletted for an M5 DBM? There are much better options for M5 inlets in regards to bottom metals and I just wondered if this would work or if there was a conflict between Tikka actions/M5 DBMs in regards to bolt spacing? Doing a lightweight 450 Bushmaster hunting build for Ohio.

Red Snake Tactical offers a DBM for AI mags using the factory Tikka inlet, but for some unknown reason, it can only be used with AI AE MK1 mags. Not sure what the thinking was there and why they didn't use the standard AICS magazines everyone already has.

Last edited:
Anyone had a Manners/McMillan Tikka stock inletted for an M5 DBM? There are much better options for M5 inlets in regards to bottom metals and I just wondered if this would work or if there was a conflict between Tikka actions/M5 DBMs in regards to bolt spacing? Doing a lightweight 450 Bushmaster hunting build for Ohio.

Red Snake Tactical offers a DBM for AI mags using the factory Tikka inlet, but for some unknown reason, it can only be used with AI AE MK1 mags. Not sure what the thinking was there and why they didn't use the standard AICS magazines everyone already has.

Are you wondering if you can use a M5 bottom metal with your tikka? I doubt it would work since the action screw holes probably wouldn't line up since all Tikka action are long actions so they had to adjust the magwell and bolt holes to accommodate them. I would also be curious to see if it let the mag insert to high or not high enough.

Redsnake is just giving us another option on the market. Especially for those who have the non CTR inlet for their stock. The mag choice isn't ideal but you now have another choice besides CDI for that inlet.

Are you wondering if you can use a M5 bottom metal with your tikka? I doubt it would work since the action screw holes probably wouldn't line up since all Tikka action are long actions so they had to adjust the magwell and bolt holes to accommodate them. I would also be curious to see if it let the mag insert to high or not high enough.

Redsnake is just giving us another option on the market. Especially for those who have the non CTR inlet for their stock. The mag choice isn't ideal but you now have another choice besides CDI for that inlet.

That's what I figured, thanks.

In regards to the Red Snake DBM, I think they would have been the only option on the market for a direct drop-in fit for standard Tikka inlet with AICS magazines, right? The CDI and Atlasworxs metals claim they still need inletting with a factory Tikka stock to use their DBMs. That's why I'm confused Red Snake didn't use standard AICS as their DBM requires no modification to work and they could/would of pulled a lot of business from CDI and Atlasworxs for those who wanted to run AICS mags they already had. Maybe requiring no inletting work is hy they HAD to use the different AI mags, I don't know. I'm more curious than anything on the choice to use the AE mags no one has.

ETA: I read a few pages back where Red Snake explained that the factory bottom metal inlet is too narrow to run AICS magazines so that's why they had to go with the AE mags. Question answered!

Last edited:
I have a black 20" .260Rem CTR barrel laying here if you're interested. Has 400rds thru it, took it off because I won a re barrel at a match. PM me and I'll get some pics if you want..

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. Only issue is that I already have a 28” Hawk Hill 6.5 Creed barrel for my action, so I was hoping to avoid buying more dies and brass.

Reactions: kabarNC
That's what I figured, thanks.

In regards to the Red Snake DBM, I think they would have been the only option on the market for a direct drop-in fit for standard Tikka inlet with AICS magazines, right? The CDI and Atlasworxs metals claim they still need inletting with a factory Tikka stock to use their DBMs. That's why I'm confused Red Snake didn't use standard AICS as their DBM requires no modification to work and they could/would of pulled a lot of business from CDI and Atlasworxs for those who wanted to run AICS mags they already had. Maybe requiring no inletting work is hy they HAD to use the different AI mags, I don't know. I'm more curious than anything on the choice to use the AE mags no one has.

ETA: I read a few pages back where Red Snake explained that the factory bottom metal inlet is too narrow to run AICS magazines so that's why they had to go with the AE mags. Question answered!

Correct. The regular T3 factory stock is too narrow for SA AICS bottom metal and magazines and requires removing quite a bit of plastic from an already flimsy stock. We wanted to create an option for a drop in ready DBM for guys with the factory stocks or aftermarket stocks with T3 inlet. There are already a bunch of good options for regular SA AICS — cdi, atlas, manners mini chassis, and now grayboe. The AI AE Mki magazine is a single stack 5 round and also allows an OAL of 2.950”

21BFBDA3-A104-40AB-A2B5-D3BF6ACB7AD6.jpeg

Last edited:
Put my CTR 6.5 in a manners T4A drop in couple days ago. Want to put an atlas rail on it. Currently has the swivel studs installed with the silver fasteners down in the barrel channel. No bedding compound that I can see. I know they sell a fastener kit for the atlas rail but are the swivel studs and button cap screws the same diameter and thread pitch?

I’m trying to get ahold of a Tikka action with 308 bolt face for a custom build if anyone has a lead on one. There’s a few used Tikkas local to me but don’t wanna buy a whole gun for $500 if I don’t have to. Doesn’t have to be in good shape as I’ll be cerakoting it.

Thanks

I’m trying to get ahold of a Tikka action with 308 bolt face for a custom build if anyone has a lead on one. There’s a few used Tikkas local to me but don’t wanna buy a whole gun for $500 if I don’t have to. Doesn’t have to be in good shape as I’ll be cerakoting it.

Thanks

Most bare actions here will end up selling in the high 300s to low 400s anyway... you may be just as well off selling the stock and barrel to recoup whatever funds you can. I’d imagine you’ll end up being in the action for close to the same money. Every once in a while you’ll catch really nice deals at pawn or small gun shops with older ‘lite’ version rifles but the secret is out at this point... most people know that they are good actions.

Here’s my new Left Hand Tikka T3x TAC A1 in 6.5CM. For $1700 (price I paid) I think it’s a hell of a rifle. Really looking forward to being able to shoot it when the weather and schedules cooperate.

The additions I’ve made to it as shown are: Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 in ARC M10-QD-L Mount (20 MOA and 1.57” height), Magpul bipod, Magpul K2 grip, Magpul rail covers, Mountain Tactical billet bolt shroud, Dead Air KeyMount Muzzle Brake for a Sandman-S.

55861BD7-80CD-420D-AE3C-C738A3D482A6.jpeg

I can see you, at least sit in front of a tree to break up your outline... or you need to clean up the overgrowth from your rifle range.:)

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the action on a Tikka t3x lite and a CTR both in 6.5 creedmoor. Thinking of rebarreling my t3x kite 308 to 6.5 or buy a CTR.

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the action on a Tikka t3x lite and a CTR both in 6.5 creedmoor. Thinking of rebarreling my t3x kite 308 to 6.5 or buy a CTR.
Might be good to read post 3273. It explains Tikkas pretty well.