• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Yeah, kinda the kicker. You’d break even or come out cheaper buying the rifle and selling the barrel, stock, mags, action, and trigger.

I may not even go the Tikka route. So far just looking at options. I really think highly of Tikkas as I've handled them and finger banged them and liked them. But I'll see soon enough what I come up with.

I've been hella impressed with my CTR so far! I adjusted the stock trigger to it's lightest setting, and it's felt like a real nice aftermarket trigger ever since. Zero creep, and a clean, crisp break! I brought her by my LGS to see where it was, and was stoked to see it breaking very consistently!!

Attachments

• KRG Bravo-1-2.jpg
    KRG Bravo-1-2.jpg
    858.4 KB · Views: 128
where did you get that mlok quiver?

It´s a HopticUSA 2-ammo billet quiver.

Hi. 24' Tikka CTR Barrel v. 27" Criterion 6mm cm. What do you folks think a factory Tikka 6.5 cm barrel with 350 rounds is worth?

Attachments

• IMG_7187.jpeg
    IMG_7187.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7202.jpeg
    IMG_7202.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: splash77
I've been lurking around for awhile now. Much appreciate the vast amount of information this forum has to offer. I attached a picture of groups from load dev. early last year with the 6.5cm CTR. Perhaps others will find some of that information useful.

Attachments

• IMG_7207.jpeg
    IMG_7207.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 116
Hi. 24' Tikka CTR Barrel v. 27" Criterion 6mm cm. What do you folks think a factory Tikka 6.5 cm barrel with 350 rounds is worth?

I’ve bought 2 new no round count ctr barrels on here for $100 each shipped.

Last edited:
I've been hella impressed with my CTR so far! I adjusted the stock trigger to it's lightest setting, and it's felt like a real nice aftermarket trigger ever since. Zero creep, and a clean, crisp break! I brought her by my LGS to see where it was, and was stoked to see it breaking very consistently!!
How do you like your Bravo chassis? Any feeding issues? I am waiting for MDT to release their new stock/chassis then I will decide between the two. Thanks

Reactions: Overkillphil
How do you like your Bravo chassis? Any feeding issues? I am waiting for MDT to release their new stock/chassis then I will decide between the two. Thanks
No issues at all. I'm really happy overall with the stock. I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the Bravo

Custom barrel is custom barrel.

Krieger 1/8 twist 24" barrel is about 66 f/s faster than Tikka T3X TAC A1 24" 1/8 twist barrel.
Lapua 123gr Scenar Vihtavuori N150 38,6gr.
Krieger 876,8 m/s 5 shot average.
Tikka TAC A1 857 m/s.

1 meter =
3.2808399 feet

Both rigs had same size and model Ase Utra Sl5i suppressors.
labradar.JPG

Last edited:
My 175 nosler rdf load, shot this group at 100 yesterday

Attachments

• EA274D97-C899-41A0-BEA6-02F332EBAC23.jpeg
    EA274D97-C899-41A0-BEA6-02F332EBAC23.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 58
  • A40DE9C9-C37C-4859-8BAD-9AC2D46F45A9.jpeg
    A40DE9C9-C37C-4859-8BAD-9AC2D46F45A9.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 64

I just switched from the factory Tikka CTR stock to the Bravo and it is a significant improvement in the ergonomics department. As far as the XRS is concerned (just based off the marketing imagery), it could be quite a bit spendier than the Bravo. From an aesthetic standpoint... well, I think the Bravo is the clear winner in that department.

Attachments

• DSC_3087-2.jpg
    DSC_3087-2.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 204
  • shotnew2020mdt.jpg
    shotnew2020mdt.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: splash77
I just switched from the factory Tikka CTR stock to the Bravo and it is a significant improvement in the ergonomics department. As far as the XRS is concerned (just based off the marketing imagery), it could be quite a bit spendier than the Bravo. From an aesthetic standpoint... well, I think the Bravo is the clear winner in that department.

And you are still using the factory magazine with it?
How does that fit?

I'm not sure I agree. I like the look of the swept back cheek piece of the XRS to allow more room in the grip area. I never liked that part about the Bravo. Also, it looks like it may have a replaceable grip area for more customization. I would be surprised if it would be too much more than the Bravo- It is such direct competition that to have it to substantually more expensive would be suicide. I guess we shall see :)

And you are still using the factory magazine with it?
How does that fit?

KRG makes a Bravo chassis that is compatible with the CTR mags. Only comes in black right now, though :(

I'm not sure I agree. I like the look of the swept back cheek piece of the XRS to allow more room in the grip area. I never liked that part about the Bravo. Also, it looks like it may have a replaceable grip area for more customization. I would be surprised if it would be too much more than the Bravo- It is such direct competition that to have it to substantually more expensive would be suicide. I guess we shall see :)

In fairness, I'm probably biased because I just purchased the Bravo and I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. I agree that it likely won't be much more expensive than the Bravo, but I would be surprised if it were sub $450. Total guess on my part, but I think they're going to price it $100 less than a Manner's T6A and it will be in the $550-$600 range. Has MDT mentioned whether the XRS will be Tikka compatible?

Custom barrel is custom barrel.

Krieger 1/8 twist 24" barrel is about 66 f/s faster than Tikka T3X TAC A1 24" 1/8 twist barrel.
Lapua 123gr Scenar Vihtavuori N150 38,6gr.
Krieger 876,8 m/s 5 shot average.
Tikka TAC A1 857 m/s.

1 meter =
3.2808399 feet

Both rigs had same size and model Ase Utra Sl5i suppressors.
View attachment 7223406

The 5" can you run sounds like it has quite a reduction in DB's.

KRG makes a Bravo chassis that is compatible with the CTR mags. Only comes in black right now, though :(

In fairness, I'm probably biased because I just purchased the Bravo and I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. I agree that it likely won't be much more expensive than the Bravo, but I would be surprised if it were sub $450. Total guess on my part, but I think they're going to price it $100 less than a Manner's T6A and it will be in the $550-$600 range. Has MDT mentioned whether the XRS will be Tikka compatible?

@MDT_OFFICIAL is one of the most Tikka-Friendly companies in the PRS arena.
@MDT_Josh was running a Tikka based left hand rifle in competition last year.
i‘m sure they have the CNC code written for the chassis / backbone for the Tikka inlet. It’ll be a question of machine scheduling to start carving them out after the S.A. 700 Remmy footprint rollout.
i have a Tikka / Bravo combination, and shooting “Side Saddle” isn’t as comfortable / instinctual as it could be. I shot several different chassis at Precision Rifle Expo looking for one that had different ergos in the grip, and both the MPA and the ACC seemed about the best.
if @MDT_OFFICIAL can duplicate the grip angle and thumb shelf from the ACC they will cut into the Bravo sales.

I purchased a T3 off this site for $400, took the bolt out and then sold the rest of the rifle as is for $200.

But if it were between an Origin and a T3 I'd have to go Origin. Bolt faces are available in everything. You can use a Hunts LR recoil lug and get all the TL3 prefits. Multitude of triggers. And then after you add a pic rail, upgrade the shroud and Handle you're looking at close to $700 for an action. Assuming you find a $400 donor rifle.

I'm not sure I follow through. You mention the better option is an Origin. You also mention I am looking at close to $700 for an action if I find a $400 donor.

There was a 50% off bighorn certificate that got sold here recently which I was going to buy. I started researching what a prefit, stock, trigger, would come out to for a complete rifle cost to me in order to see if it was some thing I wanted to buy. During my research, the certificate sold to someone else. I think I was going to be at about $700 for the origin action after I paid for and used the cert. Other than though, not sure what you mean I can get an Origin for $700. And if I do find one at that price, why would I need a donor?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude or sarcastic. If I do, I just really don't understand what you mean.

Ideally though, this build that I have the itch for, is just some thing budget friendly that I'm looking to do. I don't want a tricked out boom stick with a manners stock, some high end up piece of glass, etc. Just looking for a decent varminting, fun to mess around with rifle. But I'm also not a dumbass to let a good deal go by lol. That bighorn does sound good if I can get a great deal!

I was replying to both of you. You were asking about buying a 223 bolt. And both of you were remarking how expensive buying a bolt is. I presented to you an option.

You can get Origins from Brownells during one of their twice a month 10% sales. Comes out something like $745.

The$700 was adding up all the Tikka upgrades.

Makes more sense now, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, I guess I'll have to keep an eye out and look for deals.

@reubenski

Thanks for that cost analysis summary. Seems like the Origin is a better choice for the long term game whereas the Tikka CTR is better if you need a rifle RIGHT NOW.

@MDT_OFFICIAL is one of the most Tikka-Friendly companies in the PRS arena.
@MDT_Josh was running a Tikka based left hand rifle in competition last year.
i‘m sure they have the CNC code written for the chassis / backbone for the Tikka inlet. It’ll be a question of machine scheduling to start carving them out after the S.A. 700 Remmy footprint rollout.
i have a Tikka / Bravo combination, and shooting “Side Saddle” isn’t as comfortable / instinctual as it could be. I shot several different chassis at Precision Rifle Expo looking for one that had different ergos in the grip, and both the MPA and the ACC seemed about the best.
if @MDT_OFFICIAL can duplicate the grip angle and thumb shelf from the ACC they will cut into the Bravo sales.

Thanks for the tag @CaptNemo ! You are correct that we like to support the Tikka inlet and believe that it is one of the most widely available factory recievers out there. We are working on it right now for the XRS release, but our initial launch will only be for the R700 SA RH. I did run a LH Tikka T3 in 6.5CM for the 2018 season and it is still my back-up/training rig that gets shot quite a bit :)

The XRS has had a lot of work put into it for ergonomics, functionality and "future proofing" so we are super excited to have them out in shooter's hands soon!

Josh

I need some help on my Tikka build. I'm planning on a Proof Sendero in 7SAUM in a KRG Bravo. Scope will be a Leupold Mark5HD in either 3-18x44 or the 5.5-25x50. Do I need a 20moa base to say shoot 1500 yards or so? Which height rings? Anybody done something similar or have a similar setup? Also if someone has a base for sale I'm looking. Thanks

@reubenski

Thanks for that cost analysis summary. Seems like the Origin is a better choice for the long term game whereas the Tikka CTR is better if you need a rifle RIGHT NOW.
I'll add my opinion into the discussion: I was close (had it ordered) to pulling the trigger on a Bighorn build TL3 build but went the Tikka route instead. I don't regret it a bit. Tikka aftermarket parts are everywhere now and about all that you can do with the Bighorn that you can't with a Tikka is swap out the bolt head. With the Origin action (unlike the T3L) you have to dick around with a Remington style recoil lug which is a big negative (in my opinion) for doing quick barrel swaps. So if you want to swap barrels quickly, you should probably go with the TL3 not the Origin which means another 400ish dollars over the Origin and at least that amount over the Tikka. Just my 2 cents.

I need some help on my Tikka build. I'm planning on a Proof Sendero in 7SAUM in a KRG Bravo. Scope will be a Leupold Mark5HD in either 3-18x44 or the 5.5-25x50. Do I need a 20moa base to say shoot 1500 yards or so? Which height rings? Anybody done something similar or have a similar setup? Also if someone has a base for sale I'm looking. Thanks
Hello mxracer, If i'm not mistaken, krg bravo is for a short action only in tikka. You would have to seat you long range bullets very far into the case taking away powder space. For this reason some are choosing the sherman short mags. 5rwill has a 7ss which is a 7saum with a 40 degree shoulder shortened to fit in short actions. I will be going this route with my tikka for the same reasons. Look up sherman wildcats. As for long range, you will need the 20 moa bases. I got away with low rings for my 44/50 mm bases.

Hello mxracer, If i'm not mistaken, krg bravo is for a short action only in tikka. You would have to seat you long range bullets very far into the case taking away powder space. For this reason some are choosing the sherman short mags. 5rwill has a 7ss which is a 7saum with a 40 degree shoulder shortened to fit in short actions. I will be going this route with my tikka for the same reasons. Look up sherman wildcats. As for long range, you will need the 20 moa bases. I got away with low rings for my 44/50 mm bases.

It's my understanding that all Tikka actions are the same. Only difference is the bolt stop.

Well, obviously no.

Some posts before was said, that there is a Bravo stock which will accept the original CTR mags.

Even CTR mag is quite short. Tikka action can handle a lot longer loads than CTR mag.

Well, obviously no.

Some posts before was said, that there is a Bravo stock which will accept the original CTR mags.
Tikkas from the factory are available in 300wm and 3006 neither of which will fit in a CTR mag or a Bravo. Ctr mags are short action mags.

Reactions: wade2big
Well, my new T3x CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor can shoot! Finally got to the range with various charges and bullets under H4350. I’m pretty please :)

I plan to dial it in further next week. Shooting off a Harris bipod and rear bag.

Attachments

• 8B88C8B3-41A1-499F-894A-D7CC9B8AE013.jpeg
    8B88C8B3-41A1-499F-894A-D7CC9B8AE013.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 76F3A80C-30BD-4526-8B94-9ECFF000EAB4.png
    76F3A80C-30BD-4526-8B94-9ECFF000EAB4.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: 260284
Here she is. I'll get some better pics soon. Tikka T3 action, stock bottom metal
Proof prefit 6.5 PRC, 24"
Talley lightweight lows (just barely clear)
Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18
Iota Kremlin stock

Haven't had a chance to get out and shoot yet, hopefully this weekend. I had ordered a VX5HD for this but my wife excercised executive privelidge on that.

Attachments

• IMG_20200114_141116.jpg
    IMG_20200114_141116.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 209
Here she is. I'll get some better pics soon. Tikka T3 action, stock bottom metal
Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18
Iota Kremlin stock

Haven't had a chance to get out and shoot yet, hopefully this weekend. I had ordered a VX5HD for this but my wife excercised executive privelidge on that.
Looks awesome! I'm very tempted to go this route. I just wish they offered a prefit in 7SAUM

Reactions: JakeM
Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18
Iota Kremlin stock

That thing is mint!!

Question: I am changine out my original scope rail on my Tac A1 to utilize a lower sitting (more conventional height) rail from either Area 419 or Mountain Tactical as I move to a GRS stock. I notice that my Tac rail is aided by two small pins (recoil) that are inserted into the receiver while the aftermarket rails utilize a larger round lug near the front of the rail but without the small pins. A) will the aftermarket rails still work? B) Why the difference?

Question: I am changine out my original scope rail on my Tac A1 to utilize a lower sitting (more conventional height) rail from either Area 419 or Mountain Tactical as I move to a GRS stock. I notice that my Tac rail is aided by two small pins (recoil) that are inserted into the receiver while the aftermarket rails utilize a larger round lug near the front of the rail but without the small pins. A) will the aftermarket rails still work? B) Why the difference?
Yes they will work.
No idea why Tikka made the change.
When they came out with the T3x versions of CTR actions they went to pins instead of the single large recoil lug and went to 5 mounting screws instead of 4.
Most aftermarket rails stayed with the older T3 pattern and they mount up on the newer x series and work fine.
Some of the aftermarket rails don't have the lug at all and the makers claim they are not needed but I've always used them....

Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18
Iota Kremlin stock

Where did you get the Proof prefit? What contour is it?

Bob

After what seemed like a burst of activity to bring Tikka parts to the market...it seems to have slowed down. Or is it just me? I thought maybe we'd see more stock makers, more pre-fits, someone else with scope rings for the integral rail, etc.

Maybe the demand still is there? Thoughts?

Has anyone installed a proof prefit onto their t3x? Do you really just torque it down your g2g? I can't find any info on installing Tikka barrels

Reactions: Billiam1211
After what seemed like a burst of activity to bring Tikka parts to the market...it seems to have slowed down. Or is it just me? I thought maybe we'd see more stock makers, more pre-fits, someone else with scope rings for the integral rail, etc.

Maybe the demand still is there? Thoughts?
What more would you be looking for? They are supported by just about every major stock and chassis maker. Plenty of triggers as well.