• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Err insert 1m at 1000m angle is a Milliradian. Milli being the metric term for 1000th. As in 1000mm in a metre, 1000m in a Kilometer.
Most here already know that mils works with metric units. I was intentionally not inserting meters in that list. It works with everything since it is an angular measurement.

Most here already know that mils works with metric units. I was intentionally not inserting meters in that list. It works with everything since it is an angular measurement.
Doh, sorry I missed the humour, thought it was facetious knocking of the system. Apologies

Reactions: LeftyJason
Just added a 26” heavy contour prefit in 6.5 CM from International Barrels to the Tikka T3x Tac A1

Other spec:
Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27
Spuhr SP-4902 30moa mount
CKYE-POD
MDT Muzzel Brak, Arca Rail, Vertical Grip, Forend Weights
Sterk swept bolt knob
GRS bag riderView attachment 7547790
Harry_19,

My factory 6.5 CM barrel on my T3X TAC A1 is getting a little long in the tooth and I'll be looking to replace it soon. Does the barrel nut from International Barrels fit under the collar which the handguard attaches to? I haven't recently taken the handguard off to measure the inner diameter of that collar but I'm trying to figure out the max diameter of the barrel shank that I can use. Or if I can use a barrel nut.

BTW, nice looking rifle. Did you have to modify the MDT vertical grip in any way to get it to work on the Tikka chassis?

Thanks.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
Harry_19,

My factory 6.5 CM barrel on my T3X TAC A1 is getting a little long in the tooth and I'll be looking to replace it soon. Does the barrel nut from International Barrels fit under the collar which the handguard attaches to? I haven't recently taken the handguard off to measure the inner diameter of that collar but I'm trying to figure out the max diameter of the barrel shank that I can use. Or if I can use a barrel nut.

BTW, nice looking rifle. Did you have to modify the MDT vertical grip in any way to get it to work on the Tikka chassis?

Thanks.
Just get a shouldered prefit. No need to go barrel nut if you don't want to.

LeftyJason: With a name like that I am assuming your left handed? I am too lazy to go back and look at all your threads so will just ask if you are using a lighter weight stock for your LH Tac A1 .

LeftyJason: With a name like that I am assuming your left handed? I am too lazy to go back and look at all your threads so will just ask if you are using a lighter weight stock for your LH Tac A1 .
Yes I am left handed.

I went with the lite stainless in 6.5 creed. I wanted stainless on the action. Will upgrade the barrel later. Going to be ordering a KRG whiskey 3 in SAKO green in the very near future. Been working crazy overtime. 40hrs of 1.5x pay this last paycheck.

Here it is as it sits now.
20200929140948_IMG_1169.JPG

Razor 2 4.5-27 7c mrad
Vortex rings and caps
Murphy precision titanium 20moa rail
Atlas cal no dye with atlas spike bare finish
Rrs Sc-lr and adapter

Check out the new MDT HNT26 Chassis system if you are wanting lightweight.

Thanks nice system but for $1499 with folding stock I think I’ll just backorder a Sig Cross

Reactions: 260284
Yes I am left handed.

I went with the lite stainless in 6.5 creed. I wanted stainless on the action. Will upgrade the barrel later. Going to be ordering a KRG whiskey 3 in SAKO green in the very near future. Been working crazy overtime. 40hrs of 1.5x pay this last paycheck.

View attachment 7594850
Razor 2 4.5-27 7c mrad
Vortex rings and caps
Rrs Sc-lr and adapter
Nice rig.👍

Anyone know what stock this is? I would ask him but the post was from 2017 lol.

Attachments

• F4B753F1-C5A0-412F-99BD-D335A578C360.png
    F4B753F1-C5A0-412F-99BD-D335A578C360.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
Hi guys,
after long time i have just finished and tested my little project to make tikka more "accurate". so i added a new barrel and make it multical (308 win barrel primary, 6,5 cm as secondary). i think it will be very good medal harvester at competition's :)
chassis original
system modified with my designed barrel nut
barrels- sassen engineering (border)
scope sigthron SIII 8-32x56
and some harris bipod ( i looking for something new like fortmaier).
Target 4 round on 300 m with my ammo.

but back to the bipod, any recomend to good and stable one ?

Attachments

• 146298087_3815106171917173_6593637913642928041_n (1).jpg
    146298087_3815106171917173_6593637913642928041_n (1).jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 163089459_486301629049337_7809390178484242679_n (1).jpg
    163089459_486301629049337_7809390178484242679_n (1).jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 153577261_453227855872425_553652774552133931_n.jpg
    153577261_453227855872425_553652774552133931_n.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 144
Harry_19,

Thanks.
I sent the rifle to IBI to have the prefit installed as they hadn’t done one on a Tac A1. They said that they just had to increase the ID of the collar by about 1/4” to clear the barrel nut.

The MDT vertical grip ships with a SAE bolt that is longer than the M6-1.0 bolt that is in the stock Tikka grip. I just had to get a metric bolt of the same length to get the MDT grip to fit.

Tikka owners are "fanboys" for a reason.
For the price, they deliver bloody good results.
The major chassis builders are adding Tikka compatible parts to their inventory.
Top selling rifle here in Western Australia, my local gun shop sells 3-8 more Tikka's for every other brand available.

Tikka owners are "fanboys" for a reason.
For the price, they deliver bloody good results.
The major chassis builders are adding Tikka compatible parts to their inventory.
Top selling rifle here in Western Australia, my local gun shop sells 3-8 more Tikka's for every other brand available.
My 7mm-08 and a suppressor will shoot .4 inch groups with factory eldx hornady ammo. Cant really beat that.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
20210406_130046.jpg

Just rebarreled my 6.5CM 24" CTR to a 20" IBI barrel, was hell and a half to get the barrel off, bit the bullet and relief cut it and it came off no problem. Pay not mind to the brake, it is acting in place of a thread protector only.

Yes I am left handed.

Razor 2 4.5-27 7c mrad
Vortex rings and caps
Rrs Sc-lr and adapter

What rail section did you use on the front sling stud? I'd like to put a rail section on my OEM stock until I upgrade it, but most of the rail sections that I see are designed to attach to 2 front sling stud points.

What rail section did you use on the front sling stud? I'd like to put a rail section on my OEM stock until I upgrade it, but most of the rail sections that I see are designed to attach to 2 front sling stud points.

Think I picked mine up from cabelas. I did that because knew it was only going to be temporary. Others have epoxies nuts inside the front so they can use a standard pic rail.

In other news my KRG Whiskey chassis is supposed to be delivered today. Going to be a little til I can shoot it since I have to modify it lefty.

Think I picked mine up from cabelas. I did that because knew it was only going to be temporary. Others have epoxies nuts inside the front so they can use a standard pic rail.

In other news my KRG Whiskey chassis is supposed to be delivered today. Going to be a little til I can shoot it since I have to modify it lefty.
Nice, thanks! I'm in the same boat - just need a serviceable, temporary solution until I decide what stock I want to order (and wait out the 6-8 month leadtime that most of the vendors are quoting for stocks)

Put my first 50 rounds through the new IBI barrel yesterday. This is a 10 shot group of rounds 31-40. Those 3 little guys? Dont worry about those 3 little guys. 7 rounds into 1/2". Those "flyers" are the result of 30 mph kansas wind shaking the truck and breaking my target stand too. Barrel needs some settling in but is starting to show its colors and tightening things up very quickly as it does

20210408_155450.jpg

This T3 varmint 260rem in now on the Ensio Firearms gunsmith.
That 24" barrel will be took 2" off and it will have spiral fluted.
Then it will go to rest of that rear stock and pistol grip in to a Ceramet on to a M05 camo cerakoting.
Man, i bet it will be a bad ass.
Barrel and action will stay on black cerakote, so that all my rigs would not have the same look.
T5.JPG

Update day! Purple orange Santa came today.

Tikka JRTXB482 lefty stainless t3x lite 6.5 creed

Vortex razor 2 4.5-27x56 7c mil in vortex precision rings (used off the hide)

Murphy tactical 20moa titanium rail (just cause I could)

RRS sc-lr, RRS atlas adapter spacer, Atlas CAL gen 2 no dye with Atlas spike feet (thanks @Kasey)

New part
KRG whiskey 3 with arca rail. Krg branded accurate mags.

Note: bolt handle isn't all the way down. Will have to make a slot for the bolt handle on the correct side.

Weight with everything listed above with empty mag 14.8lbs.

20210410_181011.jpg
20210410_180948.jpg

I've got a tikka build coming together and picking the last of the parts.

T3X Lite veil cerakote long action
Carbon 6 7SAUM 18" prefit
Anarchy swept bolt handle
Lumley intermediate CF bolt knob
Talley Lightweight Rings
Probably a Vortex Razor LHT

Deciding between waiting for the MDT HNT26 chassis or trying the Grayboe Phoenix I just stumbled across. Clearly a price difference, but it narrows some once you add mountain tactical bottom metal to the Grayboe.

Anyone have any comment, suggestions, or something similar with photos?

Grayboe is working on a tikka specific mold so the bottom metal fits right so I've got a little time to decide on my stock choice.

I have a phoneix, there is a lot of flex in the forend, not very rigid unfortunately. Other than that I like everything about the stock. I also have an xlr magnesium in a Tikka long action, it's a good chassis. Supposedly manners has a new mini chassis in the eh1T(ikka) that accent factory magazines. That may be an option.
Do you think the flex in the forend is from the lack of a hard carbon fiber shell? Is it worse than a factory stock?

I am just going to play the waiting game as it seems there are some cool new options coming for tikka owners this spring/summer. I'm not crazy about the manners, but like you said, it's another option.

Anybody have a Bell and Carlson stock on their CTR? Looking for a stock in the future and I like the look of their tactical/competition line vs a KRG bravo type.

Anybody have a Bell and Carlson stock on their CTR? Looking for a stock in the future and I like the look of their tactical/competition line vs a KRG bravo type.
I have a modified M40 style my CTR is sunk into. Post #9546 Not really samesies but it is still a pretty nice stock. The tactical/comp stock is likely a pretty good affordable stock.

Got Controlled Chaos 110gr. Anyone have loads for this? Is this too light for 20" PVA barrel in Tikka t3 tac a1?

T3 Varmint SS 260rem got grooves.

Next stop to cerakoting.

Reactions: CaptNemo
for all those who own a tikka t3. and want to upgrade.
I purchased one and researched stocks and the up grades it got real expensive fast.
I found a tikka 6.5 credmoor TAC A1 for 1700.00 new at Cabels. could not beat the price or the options.
all steel construction folding stock rock solid, flared mag, takes 10 round mags, AR furniture. All I had to do is bolt on my 20 MOA mount, vortex viper PST 6-25 X50 gen 2 scope and atlas bipod and get to work.
I sighten in at 300 yds. 1to 1.5 MOA. Then went out to Talkeekna and was invited to shoot with PRS last of the season competition. NEW to long range they were all helpful and got me out to 1000yds on steel. I did alright prone, but the other positions were challenging 400 yds ground hogs, plate spiners at 600 yds, crouched, bent over positions, then over and through tires. A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET.
I ENDED UP SELL MY FIRST TIKKA WITH OUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT.

I think what Sparky6.5 was trying to express was this. Before firing his newly acquired Tikka T3, he decided instead to purchase a Tac A1, a model that would not requiring any upgrades/enhancements. After taking it out and participating in a PRS match, the results confirmed his belief that there was no way to impove on the results of the Tac A1 that he in turn decided to sell his T3 without even firing a shot.

I have a T3x TAC1 in 6.5cm. The forestock , I discovered would wiggle up and down. The 2 hex head screws that holds it were tighten as tight as possible until they finally stripped. I was able to remove them and take the the forestock off. my problem now is how to put it back on and securely tighten it where it won't wiggle.
Any ideas?????

I have a T3x TAC1 in 6.5cm. The forestock , I discovered would wiggle up and down. The 2 hex head screws that holds it were tighten as tight as possible until they finally stripped. I was able to remove them and take the the forestock off. my problem now is how to put it back on and securely tighten it where it won't wiggle.
Any ideas?????
Washers and new screws?