• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3 Varmint Project

Re: Tikka T3 Varmint Project

Very nice.

I would love to find a NF 2.5-10 with the straight tube like that for my rifle. I've been eye balling on here on the Hide for sale, but it has a LV reticle. I'd prefer the NPR2.

Mine is a work in progress which I'll have done soon. I hope!

Well, everything FINALLY came together and it is one SWEET little rifle package.

Took it to the range yeaterday and using some left over ammo for a break in period, this thing was putting all shots into a quarter size group or less when I did my part. Really nice for such a light weight package. Then I used my cartridges of choice and they went into a five shot group that was under 1/2" at 100 yards.

It is topped with a Leupold MK4 2.5x8 TMR Ill scope in TPS rings on a rail mounted to the top of the action.

I'll get some pics posted soon.

Here's a pic:

Took 6 rounds to get a perfect 100 yard zero. 5 shot group after break in was under 1/2" at 100 yards.

Ceracoated action & barrel, Aussie bolt and bolt shroud, I painted the stock using Brownells Aluma Hide.

Nice light weight shooting package. This thing is a shoooter.

P8290132.JPG

And my retirement gift watching me take the pictures!

P8190149.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deh223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish my Tikka 308 would shoot like that, or maybe it will , it could just be me....lol </div></div>

I think it might be you?? LOL

one.jpg

I'll just add to this old thread. Another modded T3 Varmint, nothing new.

Specifications: T3 Varmint .308Win, silencer thread + silencer, a metal lock end piece, Roedale AICS -stock, bipod, Sako picatinny rail, Sako scope bases, Zeiss Victory V 6-24x56 with 63 reticle.

This was a test assembly I did today, will dismantle it again for painting when I get the colors. After assembly I realised the rings are 1 size too tall so I have to fix that.

24x2qh3.jpg

2luasfm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally got a response from Beretta and they said they would order the T3 varmint for the USA folks, so long as they had a minimum order of 100 units. So who wants to sign up for the other 99 units? </div></div>

Where do I sign up?
smile.gif
</div></div>

Same here, want a T3 varmint in 6.5x55.

ok thats it ... im buying a tikka varmint , and ordering a Mcm stock . if we dont get another lay off at work
mad.gif
mad.gif

i need something like that for a truck / scout gun , but only in 223 or 22-250 . always coming across coyots on our land.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savagehunter44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i need something like that for a truck / scout gun , but only in 223 or 22-250 . always coming across coyots on our land. </div></div>

I have an extra 22-250 in the safe if you are serious about getting one. Tampa area.

how much ? , depends on if its worth the trip i live near alabama line. it a long haul for me as much as im working right now.

almost got a used tikka lite , was going to rebarrel it . but bythe time i spend all that money i could dam near buy a varmint model. when i get a varmint model first thing to go is the stock, i want a mcmillan a2 or a5. but that would be to much for a truck gun. lite and small power scope is the way to go for a truck gun,just my opinion and you know what thay say about that.