• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x: CTR vs AICS magazines

CTR or AICS magazines

• Total voters
I used the ctr magazine when I had the original stock. After getting an MDT chassis I switched tl MDT AICS mags. The CTR mag is better, although you can't easily disassemble it, which is stupid.

All of the MDT mags I got would jam the follower between the magazine walls when fully loaded. It has nothing to do with the tikka. This would happen without even inserting the mag into the rifle. Some rough love resolved the issue. The MDT mags still have sharper angles than the ctr mag. Both feed very well in the tikka, but the ctr was slightly better.

Thanks for the help! I'm just a typical casual shooter. I'll stick with CTRs and Beretta is currently have a pretty decent sale. I'll probably pick up 3-4 CTR mags.

Thanks for the help! I'm just a typical casual shooter. I'll stick with CTRs and Beretta is currently have a pretty decent sale. I'll probably pick up 3-4 CTR mags.
If you don't need mag compatability or the 10+ magazine capacity then keep the CTR mags.

Much shorter and nicer feeding, if you can stock up on mags when they're on sale then I'd 100% go CTR.

CTR mags look cooler too which is important.

What is the general consensus now that it's been a few years since KRG released their Bravo with the CTR magazine option? Bravo AICS vs Bravo CTR in 2022?

I purchased a T3X CTR a few days ago and was not expecting the factory magazine to have so much play in every direction. My old Savage 10FCP-SR with their propriety mag is completely solid when it's inserted into the stock. I "fixed" the loose mag by following instructions from the famous YouTube video with English subtitles so now it feels nice and tight. However, does this mean the magazine won't work as well in the Bravo chassis after I tweaked it with a screwdriver for the factory chassis?

I never handled an AICS magazine so I don't know if they have a lot of play like the CTR did. My only experiences with rifle mags with the AR15 and FCP-SR. So maybe I'm overthinking this.

i’m not really sure, since i never used CTR mags, but i just want to reply and say that i’m extremely happy with my decision to go with the AICS magazines for my tikka/krg bravo.

they feed well, and there’s not much slip at all really. plus they just feel nice and sturdy.

I shot my first match this weekend with AICS mags (usually use CTR mags), I’ve already arranged to trade my AICS Bravo for another CTR one.

Had a few stages where the mag would get in the way (being too long) on a particular target shooting off a culvert I couldn’t get low enough due to the long magazine.
The CTR mags seem to be just short enough to not have this issue, and on the second day (shot a different rifle) shopping of a dirt/sand bag barricade thingy the CTR mags were the perfect length to jam the rifle in and act like a “bag ridder” (sliding rifle forward/aft would adjust the elevation).

Saw three seperate people have issues with AICS mags binding up or giving grief.
I appreciate there are hundreds of AICS mags being used at matches without incident, however it was enough to convince me to stick with CTR mags as they have done me well in the past.