• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T3X TAC A1 product support

Rocket6R

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2006
Peoria, AZ.
I've been thinking about competing in PRS competitions and wanted a rifle that would be up to that task. I started researching this rifle and it appears to be a viable option. I have found a few of them here in my area and was able to handle them. It seems the more I handle them the more I have grown to like them. However, one of my concerns is product/customer support for the rifle. My cartridge of choice in this rifle would be a 6.5 Creedmoor. If I got deep into the sport I would assume at some point I will put enough rounds through the barrel that it would require a barrel change.

Tikka rifles are imported through Beretta. I called Beretta (301-283-2191) and spoke to a customer service rep about obtaining a replacement barrel from them if one was needed. The rep put me on hold and spoke to a department manager who headed up part of the Tikka division. The rep came back on the line and he stated that the manager said Tikka has no plans at this time to supply replacement barrels for this model. He went on to say that from their perspective, if a barrel is no longer serviceable (because of a high round count) then the entire rifle would need to be replaced by the customer.

I'm pretty sure a smith could re-barrel this rifle if there are aftermarket barrels available for it. Does anyone know who produces barrels for this rifle? I live in the Phoenix, AZ. area and it would be nice to find a smith to do it here locally.

Thanks!

You may want to give Phoenix Custom Rifles a call. If they don't do Tikka installs then you could send it to one of the gunsmiths well known on here. Longrifles Inc or Short Action Customs would probably be able to take care of you if you don't end up finding anything local to you.

The TAC A1 is a T3X barreled action. All a smith would need to do is remove the BA from the chassis and go to work like any other Tikka. The fella on the phone just told you a load of bullshit

Thanks for all the responses so far!

Yep, while I was on the phone with the rep, the rep boasted about their hammer forged barrels and barrel life. I told him regardless of how the barrel was made it has a round count life. He then replied that he had never heard of one of their (Tikka) hammer forged barrels being shot out. I just rolled my eyes and decided it was useless arguing with him. As with many of these call center reps who take calls, they are not very knowledgeable.

Josh Kunz at PVA has my tikka now. Every tikka that came out of his shop are lasers. he already did my sendero .300 wm. It's simply amazing.

Reactions: VMVIWI
I have one in 6.5 creedmoor, and love it. Shot it at a PRS match in June, and I will use it to shoot a couple of production class matches later this year. My impressions here - https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...es/6448410-tikka-t3x-tac-a1-first-impressions

And yeah, like everybody said. Its just a T3x barreled action in a new Tikka chassis. You can take it out of the chassis and any competent smith should be able to re-barrel them. Most you have to do is cut some flats into the factory barrel to take it off. I have a bunch of Tikkas, both factory and newly barreled, and they all shoot great.

Got mine yesterday and within 30 min of getting home had it stripped down to parade rest.

They can be rebarreled but to your point of using it for PRS if you are looking to compete in Production Class replacement with anything other than OEM will not qualify if not shooting that class go for it.

I bought a barrel (listed for sale lol) with the intent of using the factory barrel for PRS Production Class and the Bartlein for my own enjoyment. Unfortunatly speaking with PVA the success rate of removing the OEM barrel and not completly ruining it was aprox 10%. So 90% chance the barrel will be a paperweight. This changed my plans to the point where I decided against it.

And yes thats an MPA BA Grip on it and they will fit with a little bit of filing.

ge1U2jR.jpg

6BhDxdn.jpg

zXVYNCW.jpg

Can't speak for USA but Beretta in Aus are notoriously poor at
after sales service . Maybe shotgun service is better , but their
support for Sako / Tikka parts is sub par here .

Just shoot the shit out of it , when the barrel is tired at 2500 or
3k rounds , just sell it and get another , or rebarrel it and get
another one if you want to stay in production class .

Every one I have seen at my local range has hammered with
factory ammo ( mostly Hornady eldm 140 ) .

I called Beretta (301-283-2191) and spoke to a customer service rep about obtaining a replacement barrel from them if one was needed. The rep put me on hold and spoke to a department manager who headed up part of the Tikka division. The rep came back on the line and he stated that the manager said Tikka has no plans at this time to supply replacement barrels for this model. He went on to say that from their perspective, if a barrel is no longer serviceable (because of a high round count) then the entire rifle would need to be replaced by the customer.

ROFL. That great Beretta customer service!

I have one in 6.5 creedmoor, and love it. Shot it at a PRS match in June, and I will use it to shoot a couple of production class matches later this year. My impressions here - https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...es/6448410-tikka-t3x-tac-a1-first-impressions

And yeah, like everybody said. Its just a T3x barreled action in a new Tikka chassis. You can take it out of the chassis and any competent smith should be able to re-barrel them. Most you have to do is cut some flats into the factory barrel to take it off. I have a bunch of Tikkas, both factory and newly barreled, and they all shoot great.

Thanks for the review and the thread. There are two Sportmans Warehouse in my area and both had them in 6.5 Creedmoor. I dry fired them and seemed pretty impressed with the two stage trigger. They list them for $1749+tax. I get a 5% discount for being a veteran. The OTD price for me would be $1,804.

I'm on the fence right now. It looks like these rifles are real shooters! Another rifle I have also been considering is the Savage 110 BA Stealth Evolution.

https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/110BAStealthEvolution

1. I think the Tikka would have a better factory trigger over the Savage. However, there are aftermarket triggers for the Savage that would satisfy me.
2. Prefer the Magpul PRS stock on the Savage to the Tikka.
3. I would bet the Tikka is more accurate out of the box then the Savage.
4. Appears that the Savage would have better customer support, easier to rebarrel, etc. than the Tikka.

Thanks!

Thanks for the review and the thread. There are two Sportmans Warehouse in my area and both had them in 6.5 Creedmoor. I dry fired them and seemed pretty impressed with the two stage trigger. They list them for $1749+tax. I get a 5% discount for being a veteran. The OTD price for me would be $1,804.

I'm on the fence right now. It looks like these rifles are real shooters! Another rifle I have also been considering is the Savage 110 BA Stealth Evolution.

1. I think the Tikka would have a better factory trigger over the Savage. However, there are aftermarket triggers for the Savage that would satisfy me.
4. Appears that the Savage would have better customer support, easier to rebarrel, etc. than the Tikka.

Thanks!

Between those two options I'd go with a Tikka every time.

Thanks!

The Tikka in this instance is a lot like a 2017 Z06. Sleek, punches above its weight, well-designed, and affordable. The Savage is a lowered 1995 Civic with new paint and a brand new wing on the back selling for the same price.

Well, that looks like two enthusiastic thumbs up for the Tikka. Anyone else have an opinion? Any specific reasons why the Tikka over the Savage?

Thanks!

My first rifle was .308 Savage 10FCP bolt action. Loved it, but eventually sold it after I got my first Tikka. The Tikka action is miles better than the Savage. And all my Tikka factory barreled actions have been great shooters. Rebarreling a Tikka is more complicated than the Savage but really no harder than rebarreling a Remington 700 action. Or at least that's what my smith says.