• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3X won't properly fit into KRG Bravo?

BigTimeMediocrity

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2020
Canada
Hey guys,

Figured I'd post here first, see if anyone has any knowledge.

I tried dropping my T3X into my new Bravo today, but encountered some issues. Firstly I noticed that the washer doesn't fit over my rear action screw. It's just big enough to start to thread onto, then get stuck right at the bottom.

833655C7-70D4-4490-8358-DD833679F44B.jpg

Other than that everything fit together. However I noticed that once I tighten my rear action screw (i.e. as soon as I have to apply any pressure to tighten -right on the cusp of finger tight-) my bolt gets stuck.

This photo is of how far I can get the bolt to come out once I tighten it while the action is forward (it feels like it slowly gets tighter as I try to pull it out, not a hard stop).
352A3C3D-9E41-4A7A-8EC4-B3C6A067B86E.jpg

And this photo is of how far I can get it forward, before it hits a sudden, hard stop.

4667C547-6650-4C1B-866F-996FCCDBBAFF.jpg

Is there something wrong? Am I right in assuming it has something to do with the rear plastic washer not being able to fit?

Thanks for any help!

Should be a steel washer under that cap screw, not a plastic one. Pretty sure the plastic washer is meant for the sling stud up front.

Should be a steel washer under that cap screw, not a plastic one. Pretty sure the plastic washer is meant for the sling stud up front.
So the washer that was in the bag with the rear action screw was plastic. But I looked in all my other bags and the sling swivel bag was a steel washer, but alike every other one, it's an M5. It looks like I got all M5 washers, but I need an M6 for the rear action screw.

EDIT: I even took off the pre-installed sling stud, and there was a plastic M5 underneath, the same one as the one that came with my rear action screw.

So the washer that was in the bag with the rear action screw was plastic. But I looked in all my other bags and the sling swivel bag was a steel washer, but alike every other one, it's an M5. It looks like I got all M5 washers, but I need an M6 for the rear action screw.

EDIT: I even took off the pre-installed sling stud, and there was a plastic M5 underneath, the same one as the one that came with my rear action screw.

There should be an M6 washer as per the packing list on the instructions. @Massoud should be able to help you out with that. Their customer service email on the website is very receptive as well in my experience. They'll get you squared away.

Did you take the metal tab off the front of the trigger?
I hade similar issues about getting the action seated. Make sure the rifle is on the lug. Then tighten each screw accordingly

Did it come with action screws or are you using the factory screws?

If using the factory ones, they could be too long, causing them to protrude into the action, and thus hitting your bolt.

Something is definitely going on with the front of the action, though. It's not sitting in the chassis as it should.

Is the recoil lug not aligned properly?

Did you take the metal tab off the front of the trigger?
I hade similar issues about getting the action seated. Make sure the rifle is on the lug. Then tighten each screw accordingly
I'm a huge idiot. I saw it, then got distracted and forgot. Unfortunately someone hid my allen key multitool, and one of the half dozen I have sitting around don't fit. So once I get that off hopefully that will solve the issue. Then I assume I can just pick up any M6 Washer and throw it on?

Did it come with action screws or are you using the factory screws?

If using the factory ones, they could be too long, causing them to protrude into the action, and thus hitting your bolt.

Something is definitely going on with the front of the action, though. It's not sitting in the chassis as it should.

Is the recoil lug not aligned properly?
It came with action screws. I've taken it out and ensured that it's aligned. Maybe it was off in that photo. Like said above I forgot to take off the metal clip on my trigger, so I could easily see that being the issue. Once I can get an allen key of the right size, I'll try it out.

Reactions: Dave__th3__ss
Based on the pictures the receiver is not seated on the recoil lug which may be contributing to the bolt binding.

Un Seated vs in seated on the lug

Attachments

• EF8FFCFD-175A-4E56-95AF-42736024C08E.jpeg
    EF8FFCFD-175A-4E56-95AF-42736024C08E.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20D290D7-67CD-4312-8EB6-5D0978EE415E.jpeg
    20D290D7-67CD-4312-8EB6-5D0978EE415E.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 121
Looks like you've generally got it figured out. As others mentioned that rear action screw should have a steel M6 washer. Let us know if you need one.
Thank you for your business!
Justin
Sorry for the late reply.

Looks like when my box was put together someone put a plastic M5 washer in with the bedding screws, instead of the metal M6 I needed. I just picked up a pack of M6 washers and it was good to go.