• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka trigger design/mod

K2e2vin

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
I'm working on converting a KRG trigger to LH safety and was wondering if anyone knows how the pin/stud for the lever spring is fitting in the trigger. Can I press/punch it out or is there another hidden pin, screw, or spring that holds it in?

Also, any tips on getting the spring that's retained by the safety lever itself(I believe for the sear) back in? I practiced on another trigger and it took me like 30minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_20230130_074542.jpg
    IMG_20230130_074542.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 35
Haven't done it but considered it. I asked krg a few questions last summer.

Me:
I am left handed. I have my left handed Tikka with the left handed safety. Have some specific questions about the assembly of the midas trigger.
Could the pin that holds the external safety spring be installed facing the other way? Could the safety bar from the tikka factory trigger be traded out with the midas safety bar?
The way the safety cut is on the tikka action, the midas cannot be used with a lefty action with out a bit of milling. If all of the pin sizes are the same and in roughly the same locations it could be transferred over. Maybe. Haven't disassembled the tikka trigger to know how they would be removable.
This is most likely easiest answered by one of the engineers who designed the midas trigger.

KRG:
The factory left hand selector should work but it would not be an easy swap. We do not recommend this or do we support any issues that may arise.

Me:
How are the pins on the midas trigger retained? Are they set screwed in, or knurled pins, or are they just a tight press fit?
If I ever attempted it I would put in follower pins for switching anything out.
I understand that attempting this would void any warranty. I'm just wondering how and if it could be done or even some guidance on how it is assembled.

Krg:
The pins are press fit.

Reactions: K2e2vin
Perfect. I'll try to document everything. All I know is reinstalling one of the springs is a PITA....still trying to figure out best way to do this.

Reactions: LeftyJason
When I re installed my safety lever in my Midas I slide the lever in slightly, then installed the spring, then used a small pick to depress the spring while pushing the safety lever over top of the spring. Super easy and I did it multiple times while trying to figure out the best way to lower my pull weight.