• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikkas are better than....

Also, what is it about "smooth" that is better than "above average Bergara"??

Curiously curious.........???

Do you actually shoot. Who gives a flying "Fuck" about the "Smooth" of a Tikka. I'ts honestly the only thing going for it's stupid assed design.
Well the smooth action does contribute to consistency...

And the receiver itself is definitely stiffer than a 700 action.

They do have amazing triggers...

They perform better in cold weather/extreme conditions...

Tikka realizes that the slowest minimum twist to achieve stability is the best, and does not jump on the super fast twist bandwagon... That says a lot right there, 1 - 11 is plenty enough to stabilize 200 grain in a 30 cal..., For example...

The recoil lugs, have long since been improved...so that's a non-issue...

TIKKAS HAVE THE FASTEST LOCK TIME, that you will find in a factory rifle... And it is not uncommon to achieve 0.5, from a factory Tikka...

The plastic magazines are upgradable to the metal ones...with a visit to the Beretta store.

Tikka has figured out, that it is better to put their money into a rock solid receiver/barrel/trigger system; rather than into a stock that they know is probably going to be changed out right away...

...and Tikkas are probably the most reliable push feed action on the market... certainly with some of the best extraction...

They have very decent recoil pads...

The receiver is, normally, as a group, as close to a factory blueprint as you would normally find... So much so that it really does not pay to have a Tikka receiver blueprinted after the fact...

iu

Well the smooth action does contribute to consistency...

And the receiver itself is definitely stiffer than a 700 action.

They do have amazing triggers...

They perform better in cold weather/extreme conditions...

Tikka realizes that the slowest minimum twist to achieve stability is the best, and does not jump on the super fast twist bandwagon... That says a lot right there, 1 - 11 is plenty enough to stabilize 200 grain in a 30 cal..., For example...

The recoil lugs, have long since been improved...so that's a non-issue...

TIKKAS HAVE THE FASTEST LOCK TIME, that you will find in a factory rifle... And it is not uncommon to achieve 0.5, from a factory Tikka...

The plastic magazines are upgradable to the metal ones...with a visit to the Beretta store.

Tikka has figured out, that it is better to put their money into a rock solid receiver/barrel/trigger system; rather than into a stock that they know is probably going to be changed out right away...

...and Tikkas are probably the most reliable push feed action on the market... certainly with some of the best extraction...

They have very decent recoil pads...

The receiver is, normally, as a group, as close to a factory blueprint as you would normally find... So much so that it really does not pay to have a Tikka receiver blueprinted after the fact...

Oh man............thanks for the info.

Remind me now why you started this thread?

Damn............I've gotta lotta catchin up to do

Almost any other manufacturer has better customer service than Tikka. Send your rifle in to them and they send it back with a note basically telling you to fuck off. The Sako style extractor is a terrible design, and can be dangerous when it decides to leave the rifle if you get a blown or pierced primer.

Hammer forged barrels are complete garbage too. I've seen a factory Tikka barrel missing a section of rifling 4" from the muzzle. Real nice quality control there.

For around $2500 you can build a Defiance Deviant based rifle that will run circles around any POS Tikka. There's also Badrock rifles, starting at $2k, also a better rifle in every way.

Almost any other manufacturer has better customer service than Tikka. Send your rifle in to them and they send it back with a note basically telling you to fuck off. The Sako style extractor is a terrible design, and can be dangerous when it decides to leave the rifle if you get a blown or pierced primer.

Hammer forged barrels are complete garbage too. I've seen a factory Tikka barrel missing a section of rifling 4" from the muzzle. Real nice quality control there.

For around $2500 you can build a Defiance Deviant based rifle that will run circles around any POS Tikka. There's also Badrock rifles, starting at $2k, also a better rifle in every way.
BLASHPHEMY

There is nothing you cannot fix or replace on a tikka yourself. Beretta Customer Service does suck BUT, there are tons of resources and sources for every replacement part you can imagine. Its not hard, in fact, its one of the reasons Tikka are used for custom hunting builds. They are THAT well designed and built parts are all drop in.

I don't know what kind of drugs you are on, but HF barrels are just as good or bad as any other type of barrel. Its hard to achieve the absolute accuracy potential of a quality cut rifle barrel BUT, you can make an incredibly accurate barrel from hammer forging. Sako/Tikka are all made from HF and anyone whom says they don't make a good shooting barrel (In fact they are among the finest factory rifle barrels on ANY gun) is a plain dead fucking moron. Such an idiotic statement that they are instantly labeled a retard. Another company that makes some of the more accurate HF barrels is FN. Every single FN SPR barrel was cold hammer forged then chrome lined with the exception of some really early guns. They all shot about 1/2 moa with FGGM and last between 15-20K before the barrel goes.

Definance until recently couldn't even make a prefit action. They are so fucking amazing that for the last 5+ years they couldn't even match the action to action consistency of tikka, which is about 1/5th the cost. Tikka was the original prefit action, they are that well build.

Comparing a $2K gamer gun to a $650 hunting rifle is pretty ignorant.

I don't think so, at $2,500 you'd be making some serious cut backs somewhere. I don't think it can be done for $2,500, not with a defiant action...that's why people buy Tikkas, and build off of that...

You just need to be sober enough, or not retarded, to spell it properly so it can be understood

Reactions: screaminweasil
Oh man............thanks for the info.

Remind me now why you started this thread?

Damn............I've gotta lotta catchin up to do
I started this thread for the same reason anyone else would start a thread.... To get get replays... 'And to', "quite possibly"; even draw "them" out .. which... Looks like I was successful.

There is nothing you cannot fix or replace on a tikka yourself. Beretta Customer Service does suck BUT, there are tons of resources and sources for every replacement part you can imagine. Its not hard, in fact, its one of the reasons Tikka are used for custom hunting builds. They are THAT well designed and built parts are all drop in.

I don't know what kind of drugs you are on, but HF barrels are just as good or bad as any other type of barrel. Its hard to achieve the absolute accuracy potential of a quality cut rifle barrel BUT, you can make an incredibly accurate barrel from hammer forging. Sako/Tikka are all made from HF and anyone whom says they don't make a good shooting barrel (In fact they are among the finest factory rifle barrels on ANY gun) is a plain dead fucking moron. Such an idiotic statement that they are instantly labeled a retard. Another company that makes some of the more accurate HF barrels is FN. Every single FN SPR barrel was cold hammer forged then chrome lined with the exception of some really early guns. They all shot about 1/2 moa with FGGM and last between 15-20K before the barrel goes.

Definance until recently couldn't even make a prefit action. They are so fucking amazing that for the last 5+ years they couldn't even match the action to action consistency of tikka, which is about 1/5th the cost. Tikka was the original prefit action, they are that well build.

Sound the Charge..

Anything like that can happen in a mass produced item....

And as long as we're talking about Hammer Forged barrels, I suppose you also want to include such illustrious names as Mauser, Heym, Steyr, Sako, FN, Husqvarna as having garbage barrels?

And there is a reason why marketing departments originally coined the phrase, "Starting at 2k"...

I was realy trying to be nice. You are the dumbesst of fucks................which explains the original post.
But, hey I like to have fun now and again ............hahaha
One of the dumbest fucks that managed to lure you out of the woodwork.... You spent almost your entire evening replying to this thread.

Mission accomplished.

Your the only one in the world who would take a begara over a tikka

Tikkas have one of the best factory triggers out there
I have a bergara hmr pro and a tikka t3. Put a new stock on the tikka and now they shoot the same (both have produced sub half inch groups), and also now cost the same. Trigger on tikka is nice but obviously triggertech gets the win. The premier action is nicer than the tikka though, hands down. I want to upgrade my rifles to left hand because I'm a lefty shooting right handed rifles, and I considered buying a lefty tikka to replace the bergara since bergara doesn't make a premier in left hand, but that's as far as that went. I'll save up and buy a custom action to upgrade. The bergara wins. I know the last guy was talking about a b14, which I agree tikka is better, but the hmr pro is still sub 2k and factory, and is better than the tikka (edit: in my opinion I should add)

Last edited:
Isn't the average price for a Tikka T3X CTR around the $1100 range?

Most of the Tikka rifles are in the sub or low $1k range except for like the Tac A1 and such.

So for around the $1k price, they are pretty hard to beat.

My website monicor comes from an idea I had when I was 13 years old ...not only designings a proprietary call to be purchased by none only but PRIMOS Game Calls....... but ..................calling in and killing more coyotes than you could ever dream of.
Fuck sake, next he's going to tell us how many bow kills he has

I have a bergara hmr pro and a tikka t3. Put a new stock on the tikka and now they shoot the same (both have produced sub half inch groups), and also now cost the same. Trigger on tikka is nice but obviously triggertech gets the win. The premier action is nicer than the tikka though, hands down. I want to upgrade my rifles to left hand because I'm a lefty shooting right handed rifles, and I considered buying a lefty tikka to replace the bergara since bergara doesn't make a premier in left hand, but that's as far as that went. I'll save up and buy a custom action to upgrade. The bergara wins. I know the last guy was talking about a b14, which I agree tikka is better, but the hmr pro is still sub 2k and factory, and is better than the tikka (edit: in my opinion I should add)
What about a $10 trigger spring in the Tikka?

And is the HMR Pro action "nicer" because it's interior is coated?

How about the mounting utility of the Tikka? Does that factor in anywhere?

What about a $10 trigger spring in the Tikka?

And is the HMR Pro action "nicer" because it's interior is coated?

How about the mounting utility of the Tikka? Does that factor in anywhere?
I haven't tried the trigger spring upgrade, and honestly I really like the standard tikka the way it is. I have it set at the lowest it will go, 2-2.25 pounds, and it's great. I just notice a little less over travel on the triggertech, but I don't think anyone can argue that. For a factory trigger (I won't call a triggertech in a factory gun a factory trigger), the tikka is amazing.

For me, the feel is in the bolt lift. The bergara premier action feels how the tikka feels once the firing pin is already cocked, except all the time. It's just so smooth to open. Both feed very well, with the right mags. I didn't like how the bergara fed with the magpul that came with it, but mdt mags works flawlessly in mine. The plastic tikka mags I have no complaints. I need to buy a new bolt handle for the tikka and see if that helps with bolt lift feel though, and I know the difference between a 90⁰ and a 70⁰, no need to remind me.

Are you talking about mounting in a new stock? I put mine in a bell and carlson m40 stock and it fit like a glove, no bedding needed to produce better groups either. Definitely upgraded the feel of it. I'm sure it would be the same in anything you were to change out.

Reactions: Rapidaffliction
I haven't tried the trigger spring upgrade, and honestly I really like the standard tikka the way it is. I have it set at the lowest it will go, 2-2.25 pounds, and it's great. I just notice a little less over travel on the triggertech, but I don't think anyone can argue that. For a factory trigger (I won't call a triggertech in a factory gun a factory trigger), the tikka is amazing.

For me, the feel is in the bolt lift. The bergara premier action feels how the tikka feels once the firing pin is already cocked, except all the time. It's just so smooth to open. Both feed very well, with the right mags. I didn't like how the bergara fed with the magpul that came with it, but mdt mags works flawlessly in mine. The plastic tikka mags I have no complaints. I need to buy a new bolt handle for the tikka and see if that helps with bolt lift feel though, and I know the difference between a 90⁰ and a 70⁰, no need to remind me.

Are you talking about mounting in a new stock? I put mine in a bell and carlson m40 stock and it fit like a glove, no bedding needed to produce better groups either. Definitely upgraded the feel of it. I'm sure it would be the same in anything you were to change out.
That was a perfect explanation.

No, I meant the scope mounting utility... I was going to say scope in that too and didn't... But I meant, to you; does the scope mounting utilitarianness of the Tikka factor into your preference, or have you not considered that...when comparing the two?

I'd much rather spend less than $500 more and get into something worth a crap.

ARC Nucleus with a prefit................

Bighorn Origin with a prefit................

Trigger Tech is the only trigger worth mentioning.............

AICS mags.

Anybody's decent bottom metal.

Lapua Brass (Finland Rocks!!)......

Rock on.

Bighorn origin 6mm ARC in a Bergara HMR Stock. Trigger Tech Primary (July 4th special).....1.5 lbs
First 50 rounds of Factory 105HPBT Horn Black.........
Avg group sub 1/2 MOA at 100yd
X7iqDlo.jpg

Total cost to me was $1900

200 yd groups with factory ammo in 5MPH left to right
jTLLbPj.jpg

Fo2q7jZ.jpg

100 yard break in groups
fMOhZLK.jpg

2d0Sc9i.jpg

ARC Nucleus 2.0
22-250 Ackley 1/8 Twist "Savage Small Shank 26".....Wilson Blank Full Bull from "Urbanrifleman"...........shout out Brad" Hell of a barrel for $270 shipped.
ipZStw0.jpg

CGBP41D.jpg

This rifle cost me $1500 to put together.
Black Friday $750 Nuc..............gotta love it.
I bought an Origin and a TT to replace my Tikka. I sold the Origin build and kept the Tikka. Everything about the Tikka was better for my uses. The action was smoother, wouldn’t bind like the Orogin can, has a fantastic trigger where the TT I could feel creep and a wall (which was very unexpected), has a locking bolt when the safety is engaged and was more accurate. My factory Tikka with cheap match ammo shot 1/4 MO consistently. There’s benefits to an Origin build, but Tikkas are nuggets of gold.

Remington uses hammer forged barrels. Everyone here likes to take a dump on them, and one of the reasons is inconsistent accuracy from one rifle to the next. I own 3 Remington rifles, 2 have had the barrel replaced for accuracy issues.

Back when I needed a bolt for a Tikka, they weren't available, Tikka didn't sell them, and LRI didn't make them. Yeah, things have changed, but that wasn't the case when I needed one, and my experience with Tikka was not in any way favorable. I've seen posts on this site of people breaking bolt handles off either by dropping it or they just break.

Defiance has always made high quality stuff, if you think otherwise you're a dumbass. They just would not guarantee headspace because of all the options available on the Deviant action, and they still won't today. It wasn't until the Ruckus came out that they started guaranteeing headspace, and that was because of demand. I'd bet I could screw a barrel from a different Deviant action with the same barrel thread length and bolt design onto my rifle and it would headpspace within spec.

The OP also stated you couldn't buy a better rifle for $2k, I gave 2 options. One being only $500 more. Does it have the best stock, barrel, and trigger money can buy? No, but it sure beats owning a Tikka.

Tikka is my favorite factory action, and yes I own a bergara.
8BEF5893-9A05-41E4-BAFF-D55392D6397F.jpeg
The bergara is good, and I am impressed with it, but I prefer a tikka. I prefer tikka to bighorn too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ a tikka with a sterk is a great setup. And they are almost impossible to bind, something only like 3 custom 700 patterns can honestly say. Arguing bests is pretty pointless, but tikka is great stuff.

Last edited:
Remington uses hammer forged barrels. Everyone here likes to take a dump on them, and one of the reasons is inconsistent accuracy from one rifle to the next. I own 3 Remington rifles, 2 have had the barrel replaced for accuracy issues.

Back when I needed a bolt for a Tikka, they weren't available, Tikka didn't sell them, and LRI didn't make them. Yeah, things have changed, but that wasn't the case when I needed one, and my experience with Tikka was not in any way favorable. I've seen posts on this site of people breaking bolt handles off either by dropping it or they just break.

Defiance has always made high quality stuff, if you think otherwise you're a dumbass. They just would not guarantee headspace because of all the options available on the Deviant action, and they still won't today. It wasn't until the Ruckus came out that they started guaranteeing headspace, and that was because of demand. I'd bet I could screw a barrel from a different Deviant action with the same barrel thread length and bolt design onto my rifle and it would headpspace within spec.

The OP also stated you couldn't buy a better rifle for $2k, I gave 2 options. One being only $500 more. Does it have the best stock, barrel, and trigger money can buy? No, but it sure beats owning a Tikka.
You done poked the CobraCutter/ClamHammer/etc now. Here comes one of his hissy fits.

That was a perfect explanation.

No, I meant the scope mounting utility... I was going to say scope in that too and didn't... But I meant, to you; does the scope mounting utilitarianness of the Tikka factor into your preference, or have you not considered that...when comparing the two?
I hadn't even considered it. Both are doing what I need them to in that sense and it wasn't hard to find what I needed for either of them.

Yeah, Tikka magazines are GAY
So is their trigger
And their plastic shit assed stock
And their pathetic idea of a recoil lug

Want More?
You know what i think, that you are the gay, and you are working on a bergara.
And you have even never seen a Tikka T3, and tested the action, smooth as your butter bread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapidaffliction
This looks like someone working the righteous indignation marketing dollar.

Interesting sales pitch...
I was once invited to Sako's factory in Rihimaki along with some other visitors from other EU countries- mostly dealers and journalists. It was in pre-Beretta times. We were really impressed with the manfacturing process and quality control. However, it was 20 years ago. During that time the industry moved forward. Today, there are plenty other options and I don't mean Bergara by that. There are nice semi-custom rifles in the 2000 usd limit which I prefer to Tikka. However, once I built my first custom rifle, I knew right away there is no going back, I will not buy a factory rifle ever again.

Reactions: Earnhardt
I dont get payed from Riihimäki, i just have have 4 Tikka rifles.
No question of that, that Tikka has the best, the smoothest and best trigger on the budget.
And that dick head mention that all the Tikka rifles are long action, fuck you ass hole.
Here are 4 Tikka and these are all SA rifles.
Tikka has had a cleaver idea, that no matter the caliber, one action can be used on all calibers.
Bolt stop does the caliber change.
No wonder that the Tikka T3 has been sold over a 1 000 000 rifles.
4Z12.JPG

There’s no such thing as a tikka long action.

Tikka was the original medium action

I dont get payed from Riihimäki, i just have have 4 Tikka rifles.
No question of that, that Tikka has the best, the smoothest and best trigger on the budget.
And that dick head mention that all the Tikka rifles are long action, fuck you ass hole.
Here are 4 Tikka and these are all SA rifles.
Tikka has had a cleaver idea, that no matter the caliber, one action can be used on all calibers.
Bolt stop does the caliber change.
No wonder that the Tikka T3 has been sold over a 1 000 000 rifles.
View attachment 7913337
Absolutely Beautiful.

Reactions: viking78
Tikka is my favorite factory action, and yes I own a bergara. View attachment 7913255The bergara is good, and I am impressed with it, but I prefer a tikka. I prefer tikka to bighorn too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ a tikka with a sterk is a great setup. And they are almost impossible to bind, something only like 3 custom 700 patterns can honestly say. Arguing bests is pretty pointless, but tikka is great stuff.
I like that pattern!

Reactions: DangerRanger
I am a HUGE Tikka fan.

Wish the aftermarket was better, but the factory action, barrel, trigger are awesome. Reliable and high quality.

I have no issues with the plastic stock as it is lightweight and doesn't hurt accuracy. Easily replaced.

Some say MDT polymer AICS can be used in CTRs. I know AICS work great for Tikka through a KRG Bravo.

Tikka CTR is my go to recommendation for a first rifle for friends almost 100% of the time. Shoot it and sell it after you get your third and fourth rifle if you no longer shoot it. But people still use it.

I think Tikka works for most new people, especially in .223 & .308 where they're not swapping barrels often.

Last edited:
At $1,000? Maybe.
At $2,000? No, not even close.

Even at $1k,the Bergara has a lot to say. Better stock, lug, barrel, mags...