• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikkas are better than....

Yeah. You guys are right. Tikkakoski has always made crap. Here is a NOS version of their crap from 1944. Bet it shoots like shit too with that hammer forged barrel. Hope the bolt stop doesn't break.

View attachment 7915651View attachment 7915652
Nice Mosin , do you know what arsenal the receiver was made at ? I have a Tikka barreled/Russian receiver that shoots great . I have just started researching them and did not realize how many variations there are and how many arsenals and countries were involved . Thanks for any info you may have .

It’s a nice trigger, but I resent that I had to buy a Midas to get a two stage trigger because you hardly ever see takeoffs/they’re only sold with Super Varmint and TAC A1 rifles.

Yeah I don’t want to use a Spuhr or Sako Optilock, the dovetail isn’t a feature I like. Both my Sako and Tikka wear a pic base.
My t3x hunter is wearing optilock bases/rings right now... prolly always... But the fasteners for the ring caps suck,.. I got a set of hex-pattern, nitrided 304 stainless from some guy in canukistan

Well, LOL. for sure count me as one of the " poors ", one of the " unwashed masses " , I`m 74 and didn`t own a rifle of any sort ( not counting a series of Daisy pumps.!) until about a year and a half ago. Up until then, the only real rifle experience I had was when I was working for Uncle Sam. I bought a Savage 110 Storm in .223 with a 3-9X40 Vortex scope for range and varmint use. The thing shoots sub-MOA at 100 yards easily with match and hunting rounds ( Barnes, Nosler, V-Max) . Easily MOA of Coyote ! I`m happy with it, so I guess that`s all that really matters, particularly since I don`t anticipate trying to shoot a target in the next zip code like most of you fellows seem to! I`m truly not disparaging anyone ( if you saw me shoot, you`d know I have no grounds !) but I get a chuckle when some of these guns barely look like guns! About all they appear to lack is a radar sight!
There's nothing wrong with the 110 Storm.... Infact, alot of ppl use those actions in "custom" builds, as well... And there's a company that sales just the action...

I've never really figured out the difference between the 110 Storm, and the 116... used to be, the 116 was the stainless version of the 110... so if the 110 storm is stainless, isn't that a 116? Do you know how the 110 got it's name? Well.... In case you don't... When that action came out back in the '30s, I think it was... It cost $110... So they called it the Savage 110... I could be wrong, but I think that the Savage 110 is the oldest, longest, continuously manufactured US rifle... Again, I could be wrong about that...

I have a 110 build, actually; a 116 build... but it's never got off the ground...too many other builds & projects going...

He used 5 different ammo type and shoot 5 shot group if I remember correctly. Also the only one I know that shoot multiple shot group for accuracy testing on the S20.
He could of had a lemon... Or, well; some rifles just don't like some ammo... You and I can have the same factory rifle, outfitted the exact same, yet– have two barrels with two different harmonics... One might love a certain ammo, while the other might dislike it.... Nevertheless, that's not an encouraging test result...

I cannot wait until the shooting industry moves past the outdated mindset that plastic = bad/weak/cheap. Maybe by then there will also be more than just Remington 700 clones in the aftermarket action market (or at least more options than there are currently).
There's only one reason Remington, Savage, and now; all the aftermarket/boutique shops/builders made/make the 700 based/tubular style actions....

Because they were/are cheap to manufacture...and quick.

Period.

Yeah, it would be nice to start seeing some other actions...

And again, that's why alot of people choose to use take offs/salvaged receivers from other rifles.. .. just like all the people that have built super fine rifles from the Springfield 03a3... Or Tikkas, or Sauers, or commercial m98s... or CZ557, Weatherbys, m70s, etc...

The only real difference between a Remington 700, and a defiance action, is that the defiance actions are made in smaller batches and have some nicer components... basically... Except for maybe some rails being machined in... Some metal treatments, and coatings, etc...

My Remington m700p LTR rifle was a rifle made in smaller batches... And it is a rifle that is used professionally in large numbers... And it's still a damn Remington... And rough as sand paper... I got a PTR speedlock kit for it, stillen ejector...it has the factory 'new-gen' 40x trigger...I'll be keeping it... HR Precision stock...it's actually pretty nice... I'm turning this rifle into a "beater" hunting rifle, maxing out it's utilitarianness... Despite the fun that will be made of me, I don't mind telling you; I had the barrel rebored/re-rifled to 338 Federal...3-groove/1-14" ... PTR DBM bottom metal...RHR 2-port brake, timed to the barrel... LimbSaver air tech recoil pad... A lot of other small nuances done... A, "the browns" version of veil alpine green stock dip...

It uses Starline brass, federal gmm primer, Hornady LeverEvolution powder...Barnes 185gr TSX.. I originally had a Steiner GS3 2-10x42 for it...but it wasnt right for it.... Im currently debating trying a GPO Passion 3-9x42 G4i ... Or, a Leupold vx3hd 2.5-8x36... Point is, there's just as much money in this thing as a custom rifle... It is a custom rifle... It just didn't start off life as being so... People would be amazed at what you can do with the factory rifle when it is disassembled and all the parts are reconfigured...

After you have a factory action blueprinted, and some internals changed around... There is literally no difference... That is why there is an entire industry, a secondary market of people that do things like blueprints actions, lap & polish bores, pillar & bed, etc, etc etc ... Lot of what people don't understand is that, maybe some certain individual just came by a rifle...for little or nothing... They spend a little bit of money on "remanufacturing" it... And boom... They have a beautiful, one-off rifle... Remanufactured to their exact taste. With everything having the exact texture the exact treatment and the exact finish that they so desire..

But like I say, there is a reason these smaller shops stick to the 700 platform... Beside it being established... It's cheap to manufacture.

Reactions: SeekingNorth
some people don't like that they're made of plastic... but who actually leaves them in the factory stock?

never heard of blueprinting a Tikka action before; interesting idea though, not sure what the point would be
Alot of people just change out the bottom metal, and end up getting more torque on the action screws to boot...

I find this statement interesting , I have read elsewhere that there was Never a Finnish produced Mosin receiver .

From the WWW...

1658311188239.png

There's nothing wrong with the 110 Storm.... Infact, alot of ppl use those actions in "custom" builds, as well... And there's a company that sales just the action...

I've never really figured out the difference between the 110 Storm, and the 116... used to be, the 116 was the stainless version of the 110... so if the 110 storm is stainless, isn't that a 116? Do you know how the 110 got it's name? Well.... In case you don't... When that action came out back in the '30s, I think it was... It cost $110... So they called it the Savage 110... I could be wrong, but I think that the Savage 110 is the oldest, longest, continuously manufactured US rifle... Again, I could be wrong about that...

I have a 110 build, actually; a 116 build... but it's never got off the ground...too many other builds & projects going...
The 110 Storm is indeed stainless and a hunting rifle as opposed to a long range, precision target rifle. I think its original name was the Weather Warrior. Perhaps that was when it was designated as the 116 (? ). Don`t know the difference, if any, between the actions of a 110 and 116. That was before my time with rifles. I believe you`re correct in saying that the 110 is the longest continuously manufactured American rifle. The Savage rifles may not be as "refined" as the Tikkas, Bergaras, etc., etc., but I don`t know that as hunting rifles go, they are any less capable of putting bullets on target and bringing home dinner. While most negative comments that I`ve observed concerning Savage rifles seem to revolve around their polymer stocks ( not a problem with .223s and .17HMR because of little recoil ) and magazine/feeding functions ( have had issues with these but better now ), I can`t recall the last negative comment concerning the ability of Savage rifles to hit what they`re shooting at.

Nice Mosin , do you know what arsenal the receiver was made at ? I have a Tikka barreled/Russian receiver that shoots great . I have just started researching them and did not realize how many variations there are and how many arsenals and countries were involved . Thanks for any info you may have .
I looked it up but can't remember. I want to say it is a New England Westinghouse receiver.

VERY good point, and very well said... But I suppose it would depend as to what metric, what grouping of performance we were comparing.... Which will often boil down to situational differences... And of the actual endpoint of the overall "user experience"...

I LOVE, CZ rifles as well... I have a 527 America, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT... It might be one of my favorite rifles... And I could confidently say I would not trade it for any Tikka... Just as I was saying earlier, I am not brand loyal, I love diversity in my inventory... I don't like to put the same brand scope on too many rifles for example... Anyways... Yes... My 527 in 223rem (the Europeans/nords don't differentiate between 223/556), topped with a Meopta Meopro bdc2 3.5-10x44rd... love it... It's great... It shoots about 0.7 straight out the box with cheap bulk ammo... And I have gotten groups as small as 0.4.. again, with "cheap bulk Geco dtx' 55gr fmj ...

Talk about "poors", and non-poors... A lot of these people that consider themselves nonpours, generally only operate with one rifle at a time... Between rifle and scope they might have eight to $9,000 in their rifle.. and when they move on to something different, they sell that rifle, and use the money to build another one... Whereas, some of the "poors"; might use factory rifles as a starting point to rebuild... Completely outfit it... And still end up spending four or five grand .. then when they move on to something else, they keep the rifle, add it to their inventory and have to start from scratch without being able to sell a rifle to finance the next one... And the same people also live in half million dollar houses, have two 60 to 70,000+ vehicles... Recreational Vic's, a large shop, full of tools, a home armory full of stuff, a family to support, and still have 150k+ in guns/rifles .... Meanwhile, you have the "non-poors", probably single men..., Living in an apartment, driving some shitty lil car, no home maintenance to perform, no shop, no tractor, no other big toys, no dependants, no REAL responsibilities, no tools, and their one expensive ass "custom built" rifle... And their ONE half-shitty spotter..

But yet, have the audacity to about the next man, the poors' rifle(s)... Even know that guy might have 40 rifles....targetry out the ass, 8 spotting Scopes, 5 tripods, a lease, and 5 billion other things to pay for.....but that non-poor has that one awesome rifle.... Big deal...

This last part of this rant wasn't directed at you...

It’s easy to have a ton of kit when your kit is junk. Go be poor somewhere else.

Attachments

• 396C6CD6-B514-45E2-9DA2-C853FDC17A34.jpeg
    396C6CD6-B514-45E2-9DA2-C853FDC17A34.jpeg
    889.2 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Estes640
Go ride your bike some where else. You have no idea what you're talking about, just another yuppie with more money than sense.

Says the guy that didn’t even know that T3’s and T3X’s use the same damn bolt stop and pin when looking for something to blame the failure on when one person had multiple break. LOL.

I really don’t get you morons that come here thinking you’re going to educate the crowd that’s been doing this shit for a long time and the majority here knows more than you.

Says the guy that didn’t even know that T3’s and T3X’s use the same damn bolt stop and pin when looking for something to blame the failure on when one person had multiple break. LOL.

I really don’t get you morons that come here thinking you’re going to educate the crowd that’s been doing this shit for a long time and the majority here knows more than you.
First of all, those rifles probably aren't even yours... Second of all... I don't see anything in that picture impressive at all except for maybe the s&b, and possibly the Leupold... Nobody gives a damn about your punk ass AR-15, it ain't going to do nothing when six GunTrucks pull up in front of your house...

With your s***** ass civilian thermal clip-ons... Talk about being poor... You can't even afford good thermal..

You didn't know about the bolt stop either.. you're just quippin it now to make yourself sound cool.

With the little disregard females get money moniker.
Please.. that's code for no bitches will have me...

I looked it up but can't remember. I want to say it is a New England Westinghouse receiver.
Thanks for the info , much appreciated .

First of all, those rifles probably aren't even yours... Second of all... I don't see anything in that picture impressive at all except for maybe the s&b, and possibly the Leupold... Nobody gives a damn about your punk ass AR-15, it ain't going to do nothing when six GunTrucks pull up in front of your house...

With your s***** ass civilian thermal clip-ons... Talk about being poor... You can't even afford good thermal..

You didn't know about the bolt stop either.. you're just quippin it now to make yourself sound cool.

With the little disregard females get money moniker.
Please.. that's code for no bitches will have me...

You get dumber with every fucking post. Those are both military "Thermals" and only one is a thermal clip on and it's a L3 LWTS. The other is a L3 M2124-LR NV clip on, the military version not the commercial CNVD-LR version. Again, don’t even know WTF you’re talking about yet you keep pretending too, you’re like every babbling dumbass at a local gun store stuffed into one bag of skin. You couldn't buy those two clip ons if you sold all 40 of your poors specials.

Guess I didn’t own this AI PSR kit either 😂

Attachments

• C82D9006-F78B-4D2B-9EC8-67293E101B62.jpeg
    C82D9006-F78B-4D2B-9EC8-67293E101B62.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • F2D3F976-F24D-4806-90FE-FC62ACCB0DB2.jpeg
    F2D3F976-F24D-4806-90FE-FC62ACCB0DB2.jpeg
    975.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Jmccracken1214
You get dumber with every fucking post. Those are both military "Thermals" and only one is a thermal clip on and it's a L3 LWTS. The other is a L3 M2124-LR NV clip on, the military version not the commercial CNVD-LR version. Again, don’t even know WTF you’re talking about yet you keep pretending too, you’re like every babbling dumbass at a local gun store stuffed into one bag of skin. You couldn't buy those two clip ons if you sold all 40 of your poors specials.

Guess I didn’t own this AI PSR kit either 😂
The Army doesn't use either one of those. You got sold a failed military contract bidding.

They both have SOCOM contracts amongst other contracts with thousands of them in use 😂

You should call L3 and educate them on their product, they could use a laugh too.
OK JEEZ... Im tired of going back and forth with you... Fuck socom anyway.. I can tell you're one of those people that like to throw that term around, or special ops, or some of that b*******, but I know better... it's not an impressive term to me, it's simply an umbrella term that covers a wide range of units...

L3 has had a ton different contracts over the years... Who cares.

Just because one rifle platoon was doing trials with it doesn't constitute it being a "military optic"...

Every loves to sale that "military grade" bullshit.. and while some of is great... ALL of it is made by the lowest bidder...

Ok, you have some cool shit...who the fuck cares...good for you... You merked anybody with it, lacing dudes up on the weekends with it or something? No, ok...

You want to impress somebody, show me an m2 WITH THERMAL MOUNTED...... A mk19...Show me a phalanx watching over your house, show me a TOW... Show me an LRAS..., M203/M2320.... Otherwise, to me... You're just a poor like every one else... All you've got are some rifles that aren't gonna mean shit without support.

OK JEEZ... Im tired of going back and forth with you... Fuck socom anyway.. I can tell you're one of those people that like to throw that term around, or special ops, or some of that b*******, but I know better... it's not an impressive term to me, it's simply an umbrella term that covers a wide range of units...

Just because one rifle platoon was doing trials with it doesn't constitute it being a "military optic"...

Every loves to sale that "military grade" bullshit.. and while some of is great... ALL of it is made by the lowest bidder...

Ok, you have some cool shit...who the fuck cares...good for you... You merked anybody with it, lacing dudes up on the weekends with it or something? No, ok...

You want to impress somebody, show me an m2 WITH THERMAL MOUNTED...... A mk19...Show me a phalanx watching over your house, show me a TOW... Show me an LRAS..., M203/M2320.... Otherwise, to me... You're just a poor like every one else... All you've got are some rifles that aren't gonna mean shit without support.

Lmao you’re the tard who started the thread. What were you expecting? Everyone to get on their knees in agreement and suck your cock?

CF267B43-87C4-4AAE-ABB7-3A239DD3B473.jpeg

So does that mean it’s better than a tikka or not?

I bought an Origin and a TT to replace my Tikka. I sold the Origin build and kept the Tikka. Everything about the Tikka was better for my uses. The action was smoother, wouldn’t bind like the Orogin can, has a fantastic trigger where the TT I could feel creep and a wall (which was very unexpected), has a locking bolt when the safety is engaged and was more accurate. My factory Tikka with cheap match ammo shot 1/4 MO consistently. There’s benefits to an Origin build, but Tikkas are nuggets of gold.

Sure it does. :rolleyes:

Sure it does. :rolleyes:
140gr American Gunner, it had a terrible BC after truing it, but yes it was a railgun without wind. Taking it out of the KRG Bravo and into a bedded Manners oepened up the groups a little, but it still shot outstanding with Sparks 142gr SMK

Lmao you’re the tard who started the thread. What were you expecting? Everyone to get on their knees in agreement and suck your cock?

View attachment 7915966
Actually, considering that I merely started this thread to get responses...THATS IT. And the very fact that you are responding..... Well ... Whos retarded? You're the one taking the time to respond to post "made by a tard"

Aside from that.... Keep making fun of the poor little guys... Maybe you be blessed along the same lines...

Actually, considering that I merely started this thread to get responses...THATS IT. And the very fact that you are responding..... Well ... Whos retarded? You're the one taking the time to respond to post "made by a tard"

Aside from that.... Keep making fun of the poor little guys... Maybe you be blessed along the same lines...
Lmao you started a retarded thread in a non-retarded area of the site.

6B83AA9B-EC33-435B-80CB-EA41C18DF8FC.jpeg

Well, certainly wouldn`t say that the level of discourse is in any way approaching a high level of intelligence, that`s for sure! That`s evidenced by having to resort to personal attacks, not to mention an apparent inability on the part of some posters to express themselves without being able to construct a sentence without employing at least one four letter word.

Dude you’re fucking hilarious. You think Tikkas are the end all be all and don’t have a clue but you want someone else to post an M2 with a thermal or some other shit that you ain’t got either for you to be impressed. You’re a special kind of retard. Got back to Reddit, you sound like every mouthbreathing keyboard commando on there.

Dude you’re fucking hilarious. You think Tikkas are the end all be all and don’t have a clue but you want someone else to post an M2 with a thermal or some other shit that you ain’t got either for you to be impressed. You’re a special kind of retard. Got back to Reddit, you sound like every mouthbreathing keyboard commando on there.
You are a poor. Just on a different level. There's nothing really special to what you have, to begin with... I just understand that there's a difference between tools and status symbols.

Using these tools as weekend warriors is one thing, using them in the profession of the trade is quite another... And it's quite evident that you have no clue... YOU are the clueless one.

You think having those tools gives you some weird type of ambience... You think that places you above others...and their abilities... If you were so far aloft as you think you are, you wouldn't be wasting your time replying to this thread... You're just another pig in the pin.

Obviously, someone with a factory Tikka must have really struck a chord with you in the past... It's funny that you can't see, that your biggest claim to fame is a small number of rifles.

Yeah, Tikka magazines are GAY
So is their trigger
And their plastic shit assed stock
And their pathetic idea of a recoil lug

Want More?
Savage builds a very good rifle for the money. I have custom barreled and made rifles that shoot no better than my .308 Savage. A Browning is also a very good rifle. So to sum it all up, there is a seat for every butt.

Savage builds a very good rifle for the money. I have custom barreled and made rifles that shoot no better than my .308 Savage. A Browning is also a very good rifle. So to sum it all up, there is a seat for every butt.
I tried to make use of their customer service, and Savage told me nicely to not bother sending it in as they would likely just hold it and then ship back 4 months later without doing anything. At least they were polite in telling me to pound sand.

I'd like to point out as well....that not only does Tikka guarantee that each factory rifle shoot LESS than 1moa, straight out the box.... It does so without a certain caveat...

You see, a lot of manufacturers nowadays have that guarantee, or a similar one...Such as shooting AT 1moa . . . BUT, if you really look at it, their guarantee is dependent on using Match Grade ammo...and it will only be withheld, for those using Match Grade...

Tikka states that guarantee is good, UNDER 1moa, using ANY grade ammunition...

Small nuance, Big difference...
I was in aware of that. Good info!

Tikka builds the best factory rifle under 2k ... Period...

Anybody have something to say?
Springfield Waypoint 2020.
Cost me $1,800. Carbon fiber stock, carbon fiber barrel, 1/2 minute with factory ammo. Haven't even started to reload for it yet. 170 fps faster than my Tikka with same box of factory ammo and same length barrel. I can use a few different mag options, but currently use the MDT ACSS mags.

Yes, it's more money, but a much more refined rifle. I tried to build one just like it in 308 and spent almost 2x the money.

F13BB369-F699-4A4A-B5EC-EBF535EB2B3A.jpeg
I have a Tika T3 in 300 WSM
Have only put 30 rounds through it.

I’m not near the shooter as those in this audience but I will learn to be. I have a Vortex Diamondback 6X24X50 on it with a 10 MOA Rail.

It’s a shoulder Canon.
With a limb saver butt pad after 30 rounds I was DONE!

I figure it’s good to learn on before I spend bigger $$$

Cost me $1,800. Carbon fiber stock, carbon fiber barrel, 1/2 minute with factory ammo. Haven't even started to reload for it yet. 170 fps faster than my Tikka with same box of factory ammo and same length barrel. I can use a few different mag options, but currently use the MDT ACSS mags.

Yes, it's more money, but a much more refined rifle. I tried to build one just like it in 308 and spent almost 2x the money.
The Springfield is more refined than the Tikka?

I need to see one of these in person.

Reactions: Rapidaffliction

You're the first person to bring this up....
.....Scouts lead the way I guess.

. . . . BUT 170fps?!

You're the first person to bring this up....
.....Scouts lead the way I guess.

. . . . BUT 170fps?!
Not sure of this is sarcasm. Lol. I haven't made it thru all 6 pages of responses yet.
I didn't actually check before posting that, I was going off of memory.
I pulled up my notes. With factory hornady I'm getting 2606 fps in the Tikka. I am getting 2751 in the waypoint. So I'm actually getting 145 fps difference, not 170. Should have checked earlier.