• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time pieces/Watches?

My two favorite watches. Sadly, I sold both of them in a fit of stupidity. I owned the Rolex for 40 years before selling it. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB

0FB857D7-FE2D-4486-AFDA-7824B35E5CE4.jpeg
8058362F-9311-4771-91BA-DBE88B6856FC.jpeg

Reactions: Enough Said
I’ll play. Jaeger Le Coultre Master Control daily wear. Wedding present from the Mrs. Looking at adding something more hard use like a Sinn or Luminox
13241D7C-7E67-4E49-8FAF-D33D142E580F.jpeg
74BA85B8-8E87-4AD6-8494-20419485D9A3.jpeg

Got lucky to be on the plankowner list for the new Sangin (as did @MarinePMI ) and this landed today!

Goes with my Gen 1 Sangin. One of the first 300 ever made. Love this company... Marine owned and run.

The new Professional is stunning!

PMI got the blue. I got the black. Beauteous!!!
View attachment 7380835

Indeed I did. :D
15954524909865314549404299816169.jpg

I love Pateks...they are the epitome of timepieces. I have a Nautilus and an Aquanaut. Always wanted a Calatrava but never got one when they were reasonably priced
You can get good Calatrava's for a decent price if you look for early models. I have one from 1964... stunning watch. So delicate, yet so precise. It did not break the bank and is simply a pleasure to wear. Generally formal occasions... Goes very well with a tux! On those rare occasions!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Nik H
You can get good Calatrava's for a decent price if you look for early models. I have one from 1964... stunning watch. So delicate, yet so precise. It did not break the bank and is simply a pleasure to wear. Generally formal occasions... Goes very well with a tux! On those rare occasions!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Absolutely...it was designed for understated elegance and is one of their most popular models. The problem with the early models for me is that they are manual versus automatic. I don't mind a manual pocket watch but prefer automatics in a wristwatch. There are other watches that I want more than this one though. I really like the new Nautilus with the power reserve and center date ref 5712/1A-001...5 year wait list...If I ever get rich

I'm still so pissed I didn't get an Omega and 2 or 3 Oris back in the day (late 90s). Omega Speedmaster I swear was < 1500 and you could get a big crown Oris for 495!!!!!!!!

I was looking at watches last night and fancy myself a Seiko Automatic (not the Grand), maybe the Bulova Moon 2.0 (awfully big) or a CURV, or perhaps saying screw it and get a Sinn.

My best time piece is a Hamilton 920B that my Big Brother, a Railroader, gave to me after he had a plastic crystal installed along with a Puma folding knife when I left for RVN.
It is lever set and gold cased and proof positive that they are waterproof.
I carried the 920 on a bootlace around my neck, inside my shirt, close to my heart.
The knife was everyday use as was the watch. The knife has a piece of bootlace from a SP through the holes in the bolster it came with and it was sharpened on rocks or whatever I had. May have been "steeled" on rifle or M2 barrels. Always sharp.
The blade of that knife is kind of like a tooth pick now, worn out.
The Hamilton just keeps on ticking. I took it in for a cleaning and oiling when I got back and the local jewelry/ watch repairman did suggest I treat that timepiece more kindly as it had a ding or 2 on it. Little did he know.
The knife and the watch will both go to my eldest Son when I crater as he is the only one who knows the story behind them and I am not getting younger.

I love Pateks...they are the epitome of timepieces. I have a Nautilus and an Aquanaut. Always wanted a Calatrava but never got one when they were reasonably priced

Naturally, they. discontinued the 5296 before I could replace it.

@Bama Fan That is painful to hear. Great pieces!

Tudor Black Bay on the nylon strap for me. Below picture is from Google but you get the idea.
Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-2016-in-house-17.jpg

Attachments

• Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-2016-in-house-17.jpg
    Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-2016-in-house-17.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 55
Here is mine. It's not much. Casio gshock mtg-m900da
20200724_193336.jpg

It is nice cause I never have to change a battery or set the time unless I change time zones.

One day I'd like to upgrade to something nicer but I'm sorta tough on watches. I work as a cnc machinist and never take it off. I like the recessed crown much better cause it protects better. Just measured it on my height gage and the face is recessed 0.100. Any suggestions for a nice watch other than some of the nicer gshocks?

Reactions: aam

Man do I love the Pelagos!!!!

Breitling Super Ocean (44mm I assume?) with green bezel and mesh bracelet? You sir, have excellent taste!
My two favorite watches. Sadly, I sold both of them in a fit of stupidity. I owned the Rolex for 40 years before selling it. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB

View attachment 7379332
Tell me that wasn't a COMEX version... Amazing piece of history and worth a FREAKIN' mint now.

Ya'll will think me dumb but this is my dream watch!
MarineMaster.jpg

Built like a tank with a (less refined) Grand Seiko movement in it. Definitely on my want list!

Last edited:

Breitling Super Ocean (44mm I assume?) with green bezel and mesh bracelet? You sir, have excellent taste!

Tell me that wasn't a COMEX version... Amazing piece of history and worth a FREAKIN' mint now.

View attachment 7451913
Built like a tank with a (less refined) Grand Seiko movement in it. Definately on my want list!

I need one of those !

Reactions: nikonNUT
I'm a big fan of elegant simple faces.
I just got this one back from being upgraded to a new movement and new face by a guy that I was referred to in one of the threads:

Seiko Watch 2.jpg

Reactions: nikonNUT

View attachment 7451913
Built like a tank with a (less refined) Grand Seiko movement in it. Definately on my want list!
Nothing dumb about being a fan of seiko.....frankly there aren't any other companies doing 1/2 of what seiko does.

They make everything from affordable entry level mechanical watches.....all the way up to high end time pieces that rival anything coming out of switzerland.....all using 100% in-house movements and parts.

Christ, name any other company making mechanical watches for $100 using in-house movements?

Personally I think their prospex line is among the best value for money you can find.

And ide happily wear a grand seiko over a rolex any day

Nothing dumb about being a fan of seiko.....frankly there aren't any other companies doing 1/2 of what seiko does.

They make everything from affordable entry level mechanical watches.....all the way up to high end time pieces that rival anything coming out of switzerland.....all using 100% in-house movements and parts.

Christ, name any other company making mechanical watches for $100 using in-house movements?

Personally I think their prospex line is among the best value for money you can find.

And ide happily wear a grand seiko over a rolex any day
Right on! I would love to score a Grand Seiko SGLA001 or SGBA231!
My current daily driver is a 1st Gen ("S" on crown instead of the Prospex "X") Seiko SBDC001 “Sumo”...
51CD52C0-16FB-4EE7-9F1C-8F97E7A5BF2C.jpeg

P.S. Yes, it stopped :LOL: I haven't worn it in a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: aam and OldSalty2
Right on! I would love to score a Grand Seiko SGLA001 or SGBA231!
My current daily driver is a 1st Gen ("S" on crown instead of the Prospex "X") Seiko SBDC001 “Sumo”...
View attachment 7451953

P.S. Yes, it stopped :LOL: I haven't worn it in a few days.
Grand Seiko...nice.

I don't meet a lot that even knows that it exists. Just fabulous timepieces. Not widely recognized due to their country of origin but sometimes you have to give credit where it is due.

Grand Seiko is truly a mechanical marvel

Grand Seiko...nice.

I don't meet a lot that even knows that it exists. Just fabulous timepieces. Not widely recognized due to their country of origin but sometimes you have to give credit where it is due.

Grand Seiko is truly a mechanical marvel

Right? Their new caliber 9RA5 is kind of mind boggling. ±0.5 second per day (±10 seconds per month) is hard to imagine out of an automatic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nik H
I wear a Seamaster pro sometimes. Used to be an everyday wear but It lives in the safe for the most part now. Last service was $600 and they cleaned the scratches up so trying to keep it that way. This model has now become a sought after by collectors and the value goes up every year.

Love the watch, hate losing time when I take it off on weekends or forget to wear it for a few days.

Marathon GSAR automatic here. Been my daily for 4 years. Only take it off for runs because I want a digital chrono for timing.
I really want a JDD. One day maybe
image.jpg

Finally got around to picking up a watch ive had on my list for a while now....the 47mm Marathon JSAR

doing Ice diving training in a few week, and i convinced myself that i needed a new watch.....although in all seriousness i did want a redundant time piece and i cant manipulate the bezels on any of my current watches with my dry gloves

now for a "tool watch", this thing came in a hell of a case....

IMG_20210118_174118_5.jpg

IMG_20210118_174134_2.jpg

IMG_20210118_174143_4.jpg

IMG_20210118_174224_7.jpg

and my big gorilla paws making this thing look normal sized.
IMG_20210118_174322_4.jpg

i have a 17" nato strap on the way to fit this over my dry suit.

I love watches, some very nice ones in this thread, congrats on that gents!

I cant afford many of those but for the money, I have always had good luck with seiko, and have 7 or so, some for well over 25 years. Plus a couple of Bulovas and some other randoms.

Daily wearers are mostly g-shocks, have a decent collection of them as well. Latest is the illuminator, which I like quite a lot.

Anyways, my son got one of these and they seem to be good quailty (im not advertising). Has held up really well and is pretty accurate, considering the price point...anyone have experience with this brand?

I love watches, some very nice ones in this thread, congrats on that gents!

I cant afford many of those but for the money, I have always had good luck with seiko, and have 7 or so, some for well over 25 years. Plus a couple of Bulovas and some other randoms.

Daily wearers are mostly g-shocks, have a decent collection of them as well. Latest is the illuminator, which I like quite a lot.

Anyways, my son got one of these and they seem to be good quailty (im not advertising). Has held up really well and is pretty accurate, considering the price point...anyone have experience with this brand?

no experience with Aragon...but looking at their website, most of their watches are sporting Seiko NH35 or Swiss ETA movements (both solid workhorse movements) with either Mineral Glass or Sapphire crystals.....and they are doing it at a competitive price.

honestly, for what im seeing, they look to be a pretty decent watch for the money....hell ide happily wear one.

Confession : thought I’d have a go at ‘regulating’ my old Seiko SKX 7, and ended up
accidentally stabbing the balance wheel spring and killing it.... It was losing 3 minutes
a day and very rattly at the time. Definitely overdue for a 500,000 mile service.

I felt like I’d killed an old friend, so Dec 2020 I ordered a new 7s26C movement from
Seiko for 70 bucks. It arrived today, so I put in the new movement and got my old friend
back running again. My first attempt at mechanical watch repair. Some things in our lives
mean more than money, it would have been easy to replace the whole watch for $300ish.

Putting hands back on a watch movement without the correct tools is a test of patience!
I made some ‘hand pushers’ out of Super glue nozzles, can’t believe it actually worked!
Adapt and overcome. Check out the time grapher picture below, it should speed up
a little as the gears break in. Sorry about the terrible exposure in that photo.

EDIT : there is the diopter part of a shitty scope in the foreground. Perhaps a new use
for recalcitrant IOR devices 🤣, watchmaker loupes !

D45DCA8B-AEB1-4AD1-A918-EA341AE9BC2B.jpeg
5236A18E-73B6-4A59-88D8-9AF2FD52B7B9.jpeg

Right? Their new caliber 9RA5 is kind of mind boggling. ±0.5 second per day (±10 seconds per month) is hard to imagine out of an automatic.
Have a couple of Seiko watches , this ones a Marinemaster 1000m aka the Emperors Tuna. Keeps COSC time , built like a tank 👍 Have a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean that’s really nice , feel guilty getting desk dive marks on it. The Seiko keeps better time !

Attachments

• B1E276CA-1763-4360-889E-C61293653ABB.jpeg
    B1E276CA-1763-4360-889E-C61293653ABB.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 66