• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time pieces/Watches?

Man do I love the Pelagos!!!!

Breitling Super Ocean (44mm I assume?) with green bezel and mesh bracelet? You sir, have excellent taste!

Tell me that wasn't a COMEX version... Amazing piece of history and worth a FREAKIN' mint now.

Ya'll will think me dumb but this is my dream watch!
View attachment 7451913
Built like a tank with a (less refined) Grand Seiko movement in it. Definitely on my want list!
Got it’s brother ….Seiko Emperors Tuna. Keeps COSC time.

Attachments

• CF76BEEE-2A2A-4176-97CC-0843729C4494.png
    CF76BEEE-2A2A-4176-97CC-0843729C4494.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
This won’t be popular and I’m not knocking them really, but Rolex doesn’t do anything for me. If you like them that’s completely fine I just don’t think they seem that special.

If I had crazy watch money I’d get a Hublot or something similar that’s not the traditional classy looking watch...I bet a $200,000.00 MP-09 would piss some people off.

Maybe a full sapphire case?

This is cool

I finally decided to treat myself to a "good" watch, in this case good means expensive. I could do a Rolex, and my wife put a few on my wrist. No not really what I want. For starters all the new one are just too darn big. It is more of a HAY LOOK AT ME, then a good mechanical watch. I looked high and low, and at a great many brands. Bought a few sub $1000 watches and they never really flipped my switch.

Finally I did the Rolex's red headed step sister and bought a Tudor. This one I really like. The Black Bay 58 gets a great deal of press both good and bad, but I like the size, it fits me, and I like the old school dive watch look.

I had been wearing a seiko 5 "sea urchin" as my beater, but it has started to really loose time, it really needs a service, might do it, might do it and give it to my son who always loved that watch, right now it sits and I wear the BB daily for everything.

I am thinking hard about getting something as a beater, I fool around in the shop quite a bit and have been known to skip some basic "safety" type things, like welding with no gloves. I just need to tack there here real quick. Close your eyes and zap....sizzle, good to go. I have splatter stuck to the bracelet on the seiko, and really don't want to do that to the BB58.

I am thinking about this steinhart for a beater, still a 39mm watch so it is the right size for my girly wrists, swiss movement, and I like the "homage" look. Plus it is fairly cheap for a swiss automatic.

1666958261747.png

There are also the Ball trainmaster that I really like, but we are getting into the "too nice" to screw up area again. Not real sure what I am going to do, I feel nakid if I don't have a watch on.

Pic of the BB58
1666958467889.png

Damn if that’s real I always appreciate someone who can afford a house cost on their wrist lol 😂 nice time piece

LOL, appreciate it, yeah it's real and have another one coming in the next few months hopefully. I've actually worn it so much since I got it that I've gone through three of the velcro straps, which is why it's on rubber in that pic. The new velcro strap is back on and feels much better for summer wear.

tempImageJV8lOH.png

IMG_8234.jpg

LOL, appreciate it, yeah it's real and have another one coming in the next few months hopefully. I've actually worn it so much since I got it that I've gone through three of the velcro straps, which is why it's on rubber in that pic. The new velcro strap is back on and feels much better for summer wear.

View attachment 7985773

View attachment 7985777
I’m gonna need a job lol 😂 I retire in 2.5 years lol

Reactions: Maciej
I’ve had a few nice watches (18K Sub, rose gold Navitimer, 42mm black Superocean) but never was really attached to any of them. They were all acquired because they were great deals, the sub was a trade, the navitimer was helping a friend out who needed cash, and the Superocean was because it was $1500 lightly used.

In October I walked into a Breitling boutique and saw this giant 46mm Superocean sitting there in its DLC coated glory and walked out of the store with it on my arm and have been wearing it since. Definitely my favorite watch I’ve ever owned.

I’m most likely picking up one of the new Tudor black bay chronos that just came out this week if I like it in person. I’m on the wait list for a black sub date, and a Pepsi GMT but I’m not holding my breath for those.

Digging the Klein socks!

Thought I had a pic or three of me racing mine back in the day, but can’t find ‘em… sadly mine has been gathering dust for years:

8E6C9B6B-214F-4A9A-AC47-72C30F699C9B.jpeg

OT: Always flew with a G-shock, here’s what may actually be the very first one I bought back in 1988 or 1989; rubberized plastic casing long since dried up, cracked and fallen off:
89535F57-840D-42A7-A517-026F7640AAD2.jpeg

…pictured alongside my edc work watch on strap number 5 or 6 I think, and a silicone wedding ring (lots of moving parts at work, no degloved fingers for me! ).

My non-work every day watch; I love the Tag Link bracelet, so comfortable:

B05B645E-C1E1-4707-9368-D043B89EC74C.jpeg

It has the Zenith Primero movement they offered for a couple years; at some point I’ll get the version with the black face too:

436913C0-0C93-48CA-875E-79A297A8D1B5.jpeg

My only other ‘nice’ watches are the Breitling Blackbird USAF 50th Anniversary special edition I bought myself as a retirement gift several years ago. Had to send it back to Breitling to replace a couple worn springs and a complete refresh. Got back what was essentially a brand-new watch; new sticker on the back and everything!

4C5C6989-EA5C-4183-AA7B-E7E0AE27C50C.jpeg

Only wear it for Academy reunions or other special occasions now though.

62A93010-2461-4CFB-9D58-E7793D6C7256.jpeg

And finally an older Omega Speedmaster I bought and had an authentic Omega leather band fitted at an Omega shop that has folks trained and authorized to fit parts from different Omega lines, like this leather strap:

0C2D9B35-9728-4BE6-B564-5FEA7B853729.jpeg

I still have the stainless steel bracelet, but really like this strap; usually wear it any time I have a brown belt/shoes on for nice occasions. Will wear it again this weekend at a wedding for example.

BD3BE460-7E60-401C-B687-04E4D8D3E163.jpeg

Last edited:
My three daily wearers. All 5-digit models. My obsession began in '87 with Explorer II, '89 Sub and '00 Yacht Master.
My holy grail is a Meteorite Pepsi from fucking outer space for God's sake... who does that?! Rolex. :-]]

Attachments

• IMG_1A25EC4E67AE-1.jpeg
    IMG_1A25EC4E67AE-1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
After 3 years I just received my watch back from a full service, oil change, filter, lub, & front end alignment. Yes, it will be a safe Queen as I received it over 50 years ago. Probably buy a g-shock for every day.

Maxwell

Attachments

• 4471CE75-BDE9-4A1D-837D-1CBE1E2F07DE.jpeg
    4471CE75-BDE9-4A1D-837D-1CBE1E2F07DE.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 87
  • 7E6B753A-F940-43EB-9DC2-C73FC4FA7D5F.jpeg
    7E6B753A-F940-43EB-9DC2-C73FC4FA7D5F.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: 91Eunozs
The new hip time piece is the Audemars Piguet or AP
Far from new...AP has been #2 in high end watches for a LONG time...a very limited club to be part of

My limited edition 20 year old End of Days. with its best friend

Mk23 - Perfect Couple.JPG

I have a couple of APs...fantastic watches with amazing investment potential

Last edited:
About a year after I bought my Pelagos LHD a Rolex AD I had stopped to talk to called and asked if I wanted this Sub date, I said yes. While Rolex does keep amazingly perfect time, the Tudor is easily within a sec or two if it on its worst day and it wears better.

1666978321322.png

Reactions: FWoo45
About a year after I bought my Pelagos LHD a Rolex AD I had stopped to talk to called and asked if I wanted this Sub date, I said yes. While Rolex does keep amazingly perfect time, the Tudor is easily within a sec or two if it on its worst day and it wears better.

View attachment 7985894
They are close to the same in performance but Tudor has always been and will always be in the shadow of Rolex. Tudor doesn't carry the perceived prestige nor do they appreciate to the same degree as its sister company as a result

They are close to the same in performance but Tudor has always been and will always be in the shadow of Rolex. Tudor doesn't carry the perceived prestige nor do they appreciate to the same degree as its sister company as a result
And that was a plus in my book.

I see Seiko as the same. Unless you are a "watch guy" you don't know if that seiko is $100, $400 or $4,000 and in my line of work that is a real plus.

No one knows what Tudor is.....is that an english brand......sure.

Not trying to impress anyone, the "shadow" is just fine with me and actually what I want.

Reactions: D_TROS and Nik H
And that was a plus in my book.

I see Seiko as the same. Unless you are a "watch guy" you don't know if that seiko is $100, $400 or $4,000 and in my line of work that is a real plus.

No one knows what Tudor is.....is that an english brand......sure.

Not trying to impress anyone, the "shadow" is just fine with me and actually what I want.
I get it...I don't generally wear my high end watches often for obvious reasons.

I generally wear a Ball GMT Diver as my everyday watch....few know anything about Ball and it is a really nice watch that actually gets a lot of compliments

Far from new...AP has been #2 in high end watches for a LONG time...a very limited club to be part of

My limited edition 20 year old End of Days. with its best friend

View attachment 7985886

I have a couple of APs...fantastic watches with amazing investment potential
Very true but still In 2022 and every year up until now they just keep increasing in popularity over other brands. Even rappers use them in songs and drug dealers buy AP vs Rolex it’s the new fad for folks that weren’t normally part of the group you referred to

Very true but still In 2022 and every year up until now they just keep increasing in popularity over other brands. Even rappers use them in songs and drug dealers buy AP vs Rolex it’s the new fad for folks that weren’t normally part of the group you referred to
The fact that rappers and other glitterati are becoming enamored with the brand is common. However, it will ultimately hurt the brand. The most exclusive watch company, Patek Philipe, will never compromise the brand. Their most exclusive offerings are not available through their dealers. They have to be purchased directly from Patek and you have to be approved to do so. That is what Ferrari started doing with their most limited edition models. That is why you see rappers and the such purchasing McLaren lately.

Reactions: nikonNUT
This was my last working watch when I quite diving, the only automatic chrono you can use at depth……..that I’m aware of……
that being said I had it overhauled every year and every year they found a little corrosion so……….

Attachments

• 1FA1B5ED-2A14-4E56-BE57-547E8418BB16.jpeg
    1FA1B5ED-2A14-4E56-BE57-547E8418BB16.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 70
A little off topic, yet watch related, does anyone have a Garmin Quatix?

More importantly, have you been able to pair it with their Force trolling motor and control the Force via the Quatix?

I’ve called and spoke to Garmin tech support for the watch, but they weren’t able to answer my question.

The fact that rappers and other glitterati are becoming enamored with the brand is common. However, it will ultimately hurt the brand. The most exclusive watch company, Patek Philipe, will never compromise the brand. Their most exclusive offerings are not available through their dealers. They have to be purchased directly from Patek and you have to be approved to do so. That is what Ferrari started doing with their most limited edition models. That is why you see rappers and the such purchasing McLaren lately.
The Patek Phillipe Grand Master Chime ref. 5175 required an interview with the CEO to even be considered worthy to plop down $2.6M to own one!

View attachment 7985773

View attachment 7985777
IMG_5893.GIF

• Haha
Reactions: D_TROS and Maciej
I have bought two Aragon Tritium watches recently, they aren't expensive, $200 or so. The Tritium is supposed to glow for 20 years. They are an overall bigger watch, but I have huge wrists.
-
You GOT to have Big wrists to pull off most their Dive's .. Aragon's style is BIG ....LOL . I really like there ( T1's ) tritium's, but the design of most of their Hercules Dive's are on the big side of 44mm to 50mm . Aragon does seem to give a good quality from about 200-$ to 600-$, with a few offerings going up from there.
For an everyday Beater, I did buy one of their smaller dive style watches ( 43mm ) marine grade Bronze case, sapphire crystal and NH35 24 jewel . That is about as small as they build, and 43mm is Big as I dare try to pull off with my spaghetti wrists .
-
Bronze definitely Not a dress wear watch, but I am way to rough around the edges to wear HighEnd-$$$ Bling time keepers .
. . here is ( stock photo ) , of Aragon Bronze
-
Aragon Bronze.png

-

-
You GOT to have Big wrists to pull off most their Dive's .. Aragon's style is BIG ....LOL . I really like there ( T1's ) tritium's, but the design of most of their Hercules Dive's are on the big side of 44mm to 50mm . Aragon does seem to give a good quality from about 200-$ to 600-$, with a few offerings going up from there.
For an everyday Beater, I did buy one of their smaller dive style watches ( 43mm ) marine grade Bronze case, sapphire crystal and NH35 24 jewel . That is about as small as they build, and 43mm is Big as I dare try to pull off with my spaghetti wrists .
-
Bronze definitely Not a dress wear watch, but I am way to rough around the edges to wear HighEnd-$$$ Bling time keepers .
. . here is ( stock photo ) , of Aragon Bronze
-
View attachment 7993798
-

Dive watches are what I like. And I have little girly wrists. Sometimes I just say hell with it and wear what I like anyway, but it does look a bit silly.

Sorry for the craptastic pic, but this is about as fancy as I get....and is real close to just too big.

1667909255310.png

This one was my Grandfathers, has his initials on the back, and still on the original Spidel watch band, I will never change the band.
1667909704359.png

1667909677076.png

The "Cpt. Willard" is just too darn big for me, but I do try to pull it off from time to time. These silly things are bringing stupid money now.

1667909486684.png

I really wish I could pull off the larger sizes, just not to be.

I also wear them on the loose side.

1667909779500.png

Attachments

• 1667909407501.png
    1667909407501.png
    891.4 KB · Views: 23

Hence the Rolex, options are a good thing. There are plenty of luxury watches that are not Rolex that are very nice. And there are plenty of nice watches that are not considered "luxury brands". Tudor has a following all of it's own.

My collection all old (Rolex Sea Dweller, Heuer Carrera, 1942 military Omega, 1977 CWC Military (also have 1974 Hamilton but that requires a repair), wife's old Rolex dress watch (which she doesn't wear) and Son's 18th Birthday present which was an Omega Speed Master 'Moon Watch'.

Attachments

• IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    756.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    554.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    877.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    823.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    476.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    698.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    473.4 KB · Views: 49
My daily is a G-Shock analog I've had for about 15 years or so. It has helped me build the Cobra replica, shot a bunch or rifle and pistol matches and done a bunch of heavy machinery rigging and Crane ops. Yeah, I know I need to get the crystal replaced.

16684426946725820490742683652933.jpg

Also have a G9000 Mudman, a DW6600 G-shock that's coming up on 30yrs old, a 1984 Seiko 7A28-7039 that was my first reenlistment present to myself ... in 1984 and a Bulova Maquina my wife gave me. The Bulova is a beauty and a conversation piece, but is horrible to try and see the hands on that thing, especially with my old age induced farsightedness
20221115_063336.jpg

Last edited:
For you pocket watch aficionados, who can recommend, based on experience, not Google, a quality repair shop? I have a couple family heirlooms I'd like to restore.
20221113_203158.jpg

20221113_203058.jpg

20221113_204534.jpg

20221113_204057.jpg

20221113_204300.jpg

Reactions: plong
Definitely not high end, but I need a quality replacement for the band on one of my G-Shocks. I will get an actual OEM if I have to but what other options have you guys seen or used? Not much is popping up on the web.

For you pocket watch aficionados, who can recommend, based on experience, not Google, a quality repair shop? I have a couple family heirlooms I'd like to restore.
View attachment 7998916
View attachment 7998914

View attachment 7998919
View attachment 7998921
View attachment 7998922
FWIW, one of my closest friends is a Goldsmith/Gemologist. His father (I call him 'dad') is a Watchmaker/Gemologist. He's been doing that for over 40 years. I'd be happy to give you their contact info.

Only downside is, they are located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada. So the shipping back-and-forth would be the ONLY issue. I don't know how it is for ya'll down there in AmeriYank-land, but for us when doing things 'back-and-forth' like this, a "Commercial Invoice" included with the package removes the "Duty/Taxes" on the item, because it is 'property being repaired and returned'.

Just offering assistance. Hit me a PM and I'll divulge the contact details with store location.

View attachment 7998916
View attachment 7998914

View attachment 7998919
View attachment 7998921
View attachment 7998922

I have the same question, the one person I knew in KC is a bit of a crook, so not going to do that again. There is a little hole in the wall place up north but that little voice in the back of my head is talking about that place. The hands on these are the most fantastic color of blue, the top has no crystal.

1668449231786.png

1668449258090.png

Oddly enough this one is proving to be a bit rough as well, turns out parts are a bit difficult....to give you an idea on the size, a dime will fit in the crystal. If I can get it fixed I think I will give it to my new daughter in law.

1668449358075.png

Definitely not high end, but I need a quality replacement for the band on one of my G-Shocks. I will get an actual OEM if I have to but what other options have you guys seen or used? Not much is popping up on the web.
I need to find longer bands I’m on the second to last hole and have “skinny” wrists

I’d go OEM all day.

You know it will fit and you know what you’re getting.

Following this thread. I've been eyeballing a few starter watches, and keep hoping I'll get to use some of my spare gun stuff to trade my way into one.