• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney bolt release removal question?

Klay23

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 27, 2021
    South Carolina
    When I remove it to install in my terminus, do I need to put the screw that held the little plate back in to run properly or just sit it to the side if I ever need it again. It’s the Timney Calvin elite 2 stage, the blue one. Thank you in Advance

That’s funny I actually just did this on Friday to my Calvin elite and installed it with the screw back on and it was shooting fine

Hmmm. So screw back in ? I’ve dry fire function tested mine without the screw and it runs fine. Just curious what is correct?

It is not needed. It just holds the bolt release. I leave them off since it is one less thing to come loose.

Reactions: Klay23
    Thanks for the info. I can’t find anything about this on their site. Putting a Timney Hit in my 6.5 and moving the TT primary to my hunting rifle.

So this right?
    1705588978329.png

Pretty much.

Just WRT #3 I use a punch of similar diameter to follow the pin out. Keeps the trigger and housing holes aligned.

Then its easy to slide the pin back in pushing the punch out for step #5.

But you have the right idea.