• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney CZ 455 Adjustable Trigger Review

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    I received this new adjustable trigger today from Timney for the CZ 455 to test (big thanks to Cole @Timney USA for sending this over!!). It was super easy to install, took less than 5min. I am running MDT's LSS-22 chassis so this dropped right into my chassis no problem. As a heads up, those of you running wood stocks it does say in the installation directions that you may need to remove some material inside your trigger area for the trigger to fit.

It came adjusted at 3lb which I tested with my Timney trigger pull gauge. That is way too heavy for my liking. I was running a Yo-Dave spring which was recording 12oz but it was for bench rest style shooting only. if you dropped the rifle on the buttstock or smacked the buttstock with any force the rifle would fire.

I immediately adjusted this new Timney down to 8oz but that was a tad light for me so I adjusted it back up to 14oz tested on my Timney trigger pull gauge. I put the rifle back in the chassis and did the buttstock test. Slammed it on the concrete shop floor multiple times and smacked the buttstock multiple times. It did not fire.

I've dry fired it 100+ times so far and I love this new trigger. It breaks like glass, no creep and is adjusted exactly where I want it and is safe now. Looking forward to getting this out on the range this week to test further! Looks like Timney has a winner here!

How is this trigger different from their current single-stage trigger? Just that it adjusts to <2#? That in itself would be good, but wondering if there's anything else...

How is this trigger different from their current single-stage trigger? Just that it adjusts to <2#? That in itself would be good, but wondering if there's anything else...

I dont have an existing Timney so I cant answer that question but from what I can see, yes the adjustable trigger pull weight is the big difference. I have not been informed of any other differences.

Reactions: Timney USA
    I received this new adjustable trigger today from Timney for the CZ 455 to test (big thanks to Cole @Timney USA for sending this over!!). It was super easy to install, took less than 5min. I am running MDT's LSS-22 chassis so this dropped right into my chassis no problem. As a heads up, those of you running wood stocks it does say in the installation directions that you may need to remove some material inside your trigger area for the trigger to fit.

It came adjusted at 3lb which I tested with my Timney trigger pull gauge. That is way too heavy for my liking. I was running a Yo-Dave spring which was recording 12oz but it was for bench rest style shooting only. if you dropped the rifle on the buttstock or smacked the buttstock with any force the rifle would fire.

I immediately adjusted this new Timney down to 8oz but that was a tad light for me so I adjusted it back up to 14oz tested on my Timney trigger pull gauge. I put the rifle back in the chassis and did the buttstock test. Slammed it on the concrete shop floor multiple times and smacked the buttstock multiple times. It did not fire.

I've dry fired it 100+ times so far and I love this new trigger. It breaks like glass, no creep and is adjusted exactly where I want it and is safe now. Looking forward to getting this out on the range this week to test further! Looks like Timney has a winner here!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: padom
    I was happy to get this new Timney out to the range today to really see how it performed. Along with my CZ 455 I also had my Bighorn TL3/6.5x47L/Jewell HVR with me. I was very impressed with how this new trigger feels. Very close to my Jewell which is also set at 14oz. This trigger is smooth and breaks very clean. I love this new trigger in my CZ 455 and the Yo-Dave kit I had in the stock trigger doesnt even compare.

I fired 300rd+ on this new trigger today from 100 to 400yd. It feels great, you guys will love this trigger. I never had a single issue or problem with this trigger. No issues running the bolt.

CZ 455 22lr OEM barreled action
    MDT LSS-22 Chassis
    Area419 30moa Scope Base
    Anarchy Outdoors Swept Bolt Handle
    Area419 Bolt Knob
    Timney Adjustable Trigger
    Seekins 34mm PMR Rings
    Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 MIL

Federal Gold Medal Match 22lr Ammo
    400yd Steel

It was consistently windy out there so I was surprised when I got downrange and saw the grouping on the 400yd steel. I could barely hear the impacts but didn't know they were grouping this good. Cant wait to see what the new custom barrel can do...

Last edited:
    Do you know if this Timney trigger has the same space requirements (stock inletting) as the current non-adjustable Timney? My PDC chassis was supposed to accommodate those, if this one is identical then I am GTG.

They are the same dimension they only changed the sear height by a little.

What updates are you looking for? Trigger is awesome

Just trying to see if there is any ballpark estimate for a release date. This is the final thing I need to finish my 455 and I'm ready to spend some money.

Hello all, the sear height has been adjusted to make sure you don't knock your teeth out first and foremost. The weight settings should be the same and allow more adjust ability on the end user. If the Beta goes good we are hoping first quarter of next year as a release.

Has this new Timney for the CZ 455 been released yet?

Reactions: BlastersAreCool
    Any updates from SHOT on this trigger, or are they passing it over for a CZ457 trigger?

Hello all, the sear height has been adjusted to make sure you don't knock your teeth out first and foremost. The weight settings should be the same and allow more adjust ability on the end user. If the Beta goes good we are hoping first quarter of next year as a release.

I was asking about an updated Timney trigger for the CZ455. Timney has had a trigger for the CZ455 for quite a while. I would like to know if the Beta version that was discussed in November has been release for sale.

SEMO
    Call Timney direct they are great people to talk to and will let you know if they have the updated version ready to go.

I just sent my contacts over there a message and asked them if the BETA they sent me to test is available and if not when will they be.

I should have an answer from Timney this week. They responded and forwarded my email to the person that can give me timing on when this trigger will be available for retail purchase...

Ok so I've heard back from Timney. They said they have the new CZ455 trigger available but you need to call in and order it. It's a new sear and adjustable. Talk to Megan D. Shes great! (623) 223-1111

Just tell her you want the new CZ455 adjustable trigger.

Reactions: SEMO Shooter
    I ordered the new Timney trigger from Meagan today. She is very helpful, and thinks they have exhausted the supply of old triggers. I'll have mine Monday, and will post a report after I get to try it out.

I ordered the new Timney trigger from Meagan today. She is very helpful, and thinks they have exhausted the supply of old triggers. I'll have mine Monday, and will post a report after I get to try it out.

I received the new Timney trigger Monday and installed it that night. I am not impressed with it. The pull weight is inconsistent and easily varies 6 oz to 8 oz as measured by my Lyman digital trigger gauge. It will be listed in the for sale section soon.

Glad you got it figured out. Mine has been set right at 14oz since day 1 and is drop safe unlike my factory trigger with spring combo. Doesnt fluctuate either tested 50x with a Timney pull weight gauge.

Reactions: reubenski
    I hate to bring this back up. But do you have a picture of the inside of your chassis? I have the older single stage Timney trigger. Which appears to be a similar profile. I tried to install it in my MDT-LSS-22 Chassis and I can't figure it out. The rear parts of the trigger will not allow it to seat all the way in. For reference this is a CZ-452 Rifle.

Attachments

• trigger_clearance_issue.png
      trigger_clearance_issue.png
      5.5 MB · Views: 181
    Last edited:
    Just installed mine ... It feels heavier than the 3# my gauge said it is. I adjusted it down to 1# but would get slam fires closing the bolt . So see it back up slowly but still get slam fires at 2# yet

has anyone compared this to the cz 455 fly trigger.

I bought a Fly and it would not fit in my PDC chassis but I used it in another rifle. I wouldn't bother trying to use it as a 2 stage, feels very mushy, but can be adjusted to a good 1 lb single stage. At the end of the day, I won't be buying another one.

Both of these triggers are old news. Nothing better today for a CZ than the BSCAR. The rest dont even come close...Ive had them all.

Both of these triggers are old news. Nothing better today for a CZ than the BSCAR. The rest dont even come close...Ive had them all.
    I was looking for something just like this and didn't even know this trigger existed. Thank you,

I know this is an old thread but thats why I am asking. Is the drop in trigger listed on Timneys site the trigger mentioned in this thread or is it still a call to order?