• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timney or geissele .

Jacklulu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2011
Eastern Long Island
Hi guys
I did the search so please do not Flame me
I read but?
I have LMT CQB
And
DPMS LR .308
Want to replace triggers.
So what are people's thoughts
Lots of $ to be unhappy
Thanks
Just got an Atlas Bipod and the monopod for stock
Love both these guns
MTK-John

Re: Timney or geissele .

I build custom 308 AR's and used Timney triggers for a long time. Although, the pull is great, the engineering behind the install is horrible. Double set screws on either side are a nightmare and not worth the trouble. Also, a price tag in the mid $200 is too expensive for what you get.
I suggest CMC triggers out of texas. They make a great trigger that has a bulletproof easy install process and they only cost $165.

Good luck

I have both and recommend the Geissele.

I have a CMC on my GAP 10, Timney on my POF .223 and just shot a Geissele Super 3 Gun trigger the other day and have one coming in a Seekins SP3G .223. All excellent options. I think the Geissele squeaks out a little ahead as far as trigger pull feel but you would be happy with any of them over the factory triggers. Pick the one that has the trigger stage you want(single or two stage) and the weight and buy them.

geisselle triggers are good. Better trigger pull then the timney , easier to adjust IMO. Geisselle customer service is outstanding. I annihilated an old two stage trigger , i sent it to giesselle and they sent me the new verison for free, and it only took 1 week.

i doubt timney could provide a better trigger or customer service then geisselle.

but, those geisselle's cost more.

Geissele is on a group buy right now. I am going to be " pulling the trigger" on one. It is an expensive proposition, but everything I have read seems to lead back to Geissele.

Thanks guys
Love it here (great sight who ever runs this Thank you)
Was over at brand "X" sight for a bit, and did not really find it as well behaved :)
I am totally new to AR Platform
Is it hard to install these triggers?
Mtk-john

I have one Timney and four Geissele if that tells you anything.
Both good but very different pulls.

I built my lower a year ago, the triggers are straight forward to install, just follow the directions. Check out geisseles site there is a good video series that details the install of an AR 15 trigger group. YouTube also have several videos.

I was wondering this same thing when I came to the hide.

After reading many posts on the subject I purchased a Geissele SSA-E.

Now I have 3.

Install is very simple.

I went with a Geissele a few years back and have been slowly replacing all the triggers in my AR's to Geissele. What I like is that there are a lot of options from Geissele such as flat triggers.

Geissele. once you try one out you will never want anything else. the triggers leave nothing to be desired!

Have used both. Sold my Timney to buy another Geissele... You can't go wrong with Geissele

Geissele - great directions, easy to install and adjust for a first time gunsmith, and you'll wind up with more than one.

I have a Geilsele SSA in a Noveski and a SSA-E in a OBR. Both have been reliable, consistent and hassle free. I've shot a friends LMT with a Timney and personally I'll stick with the Geisele.

I have both and like both but will be running a G on my personal guns this year. The national match is unreal and their 3 gun trigger is very fast. I would get ssa-e for anything not seeing competition and a 3 gun for anything that is. The NM is great in a precision rifle.,

I have the Timney fixed 3 pound in my 20" P308 and the 4-5 pound POF Timney TITS in my 16" 5.56. Both single stage, really like them. I have never tried a dual stage Geissele but from what I hear I wouldn't mind giving one a shot, or two. Never enough time in the day or money in the wallet to try it all. Also tagged this for when I have time to read what you guys have said here.

I went for the lower cost Geissele for my patrol rifle and i like it. I run timney's in my bolt gun.

My money goes to Geissele for non-milspec triggers. They make excellent triggers that are very reliable. Their two stage triggers are far more durable and beefier than any other two-stage trigger out there.

I had a lot of light primer strikes with my Timney in my AR-10, switched to a Geissele SSA-E. no issues so far and I like the 2 stage better.

Geissele Hi-speed in my AR15 and AR10. Great triggers.

Have shot on CMC, timneys, RRA, Armalites, Wilson TTU, KAC, LMT, and can honestly say that in my opinion out of the above the only triggers that made me raise a brow would probably be the Wilson, KAC, and CMC in no particular order.

However I personally prefer Geissele triggers in my ARs, no need for anything else.

You won't regret it if you get a Geissele. You'd like the SSA-E. This was my first aftermarket trigger. All my AR's wear them now. I've shot friends AR's w/ Timneys. Friends have shot mine. About half of them changed out to G's after shooting mine.

I have shot Timneys in my 3 gun rifles for a couple years and love the single stage consistent 3lb pull. I wont switch those. but for anything not in a 3gun rifle, the Geissele is tough to beat. That being said, I have not tried the new Geissele 3 gun trigger.

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwardz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot Timneys in my 3 gun rifles for a couple years and love the single stage consistent 3lb pull. I wont switch those. but for anything not in a 3gun rifle, the Geissele is tough to beat. That being said, I have not tried the new Geissele 3 gun trigger.

Bill</div></div>

The Geissele 3 gun trigger is fast. It acts like a 2-stage trigger but it isn't anything like a conventional 2-stage... I don't know how to explain it without letting you dry fire on it several times. It's not a single stage or a 2 stage trigger, it's like a hybrid of both.

But yes if you want a fast trigger then that would be it.

I have the SSA-E and while it's two stage the first stage isn't very lengthy in travel which i love. It's brief so if i need to put some rounds down range i could. I have no experience with the Timney but i love my Geissele and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. It's been one of the best investments for my mk12 and has allowed me to shoot with much more consistency.

Personally I don't prefer a two stage trigger on my ARs so the Geissele is out for me and I have heard less than stellar things about the Timney(also heard tons of Cudos)...So I went with a JP Enterprises, is it came highly recommended by someone who used one for a living...I absolutely love it...might want to give it some thought.

Geissele's get a lot of love. I want to hate them but I can't. I have 4 (SSA, SSA-E, and HS-Match). They are all reliable, and despite being lite, have no problems getting primers to go off. My only complaint is they are too expensive. I am waiting for the day the $99 trigger comes out that will kick Geissele's ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pupdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwardz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot Timneys in my 3 gun rifles for a couple years and love the single stage consistent 3lb pull. I wont switch those. but for anything not in a 3gun rifle, the Geissele is tough to beat. That being said, I have not tried the new Geissele 3 gun trigger.

Bill</div></div>

The Geissele 3 gun trigger is fast. It acts like a 2-stage trigger but it isn't anything like a conventional 2-stage... I don't know how to explain it without letting you dry fire on it several times. It's not a single stage or a 2 stage trigger, it's like a hybrid of both.

But yes if you want a fast trigger then that would be it.

</div></div>

Fast is an understatement. The reset is unbelievable.

I would say it is a 2 stage like acts like a single stage in that there is no perceptible stages in it but the initial pull has a little extra length than a super crisp single stage. Then comes the reset and you are off to the races. Hard to describe.

I'd go with a geissele. I appreciate the great trigger pull with no more moving parts than a standard milspec trigger.

I have the Timney and really like it. I also have the RR National match trigger that is nice for a two stage.

Geissele. The hard-use AR-centric forums will show Geissele surfaces as a preferred pick in worry-free performance for several years running in an oversaturated AR market. The owner of Geissele, Bill, got a hold of me when I emailed the company installing their National Hi-Speed Match DMR trigger for a Mk12 build. Nicest guy in the world and it's always great to hear from the owner. I will be sticking the SSA in my next fighting carbine. I wouldn't even bother with the H-S Match line because while it's been trouble-free, the non-adjustable 2-stage triggers feel just as fantastic without the added complexity (and potential failure of said extra parts, though I am unaware of it happening to anyone).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele's get a lot of love. I want to hate them but I can't. I have 4 (SSA, SSA-E, and HS-Match). They are all reliable, and despite being lite, have no problems getting primers to go off. My only complaint is they are too expensive. I am waiting for the day the $99 trigger comes out that will kick Geissele's ass. </div></div>

Check out ALG Defense Inc. It's run by Bill Geissele's wife, Amy. She offers a more affordable trigger that is manufactured in a more economical fashion. Engineering has already been done, just streamlined manufacturing. A tad less crisp, but you're saving substantial money if money is a factor and it is an easy upgrade to factory triggers for 45-65 bones. It's a nice option for the budget-minded who don't need glass rods in their fighting rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Check out ALG Defense Inc. It's run by Bill Geissele's wife, Amy. She offers a more affordable trigger that is manufactured in a more economical fashion. Engineering has already been done, just streamlined manufacturing. A tad less crisp, but you're saving substantial money if money is a factor and it is an easy upgrade to factory triggers for 45-65 bones. It's a nice option for the budget-minded who don't need glass rods in their fighting rifles. </div></div>

Will do, thanks for the heads up!

I have two Geissele SSA's and a Timney. The Timney is on the sidelines, but I do feel it has it's place in either a bench or game rifle.

The Timney feels more crisp, but not for me in a serious use rifle.

I have had 2 Timney's and while at first they are great both mine developed creep over time.

I now use Geissele with no complaints.

I have had one timney crap out on me and several friend had the same experience over the years. I switched to geissele 5 years ago and with more rounds downrange than the timney, no problems yet.
hope this helps.

i have the SSA-E on my ar-10 and a SD3g in my sbr best money i ever spent would never dream of buying any other trigger

Been running a CMC on my M&P15 for five years now without issue.
Geissele is a nice trigger and I have one. I just don't care for the two stage on an AR platform.

i purchased a timney for my lr308. trigger pull nice.
however the way it is designed as a drop in leaves much to be desired. to make a long story short the hammer sat to high when it was fully cocked to the rear, causing an undo amount of friction with the bcg causing the rifle to jam, 2 phone calls to timney were not returned by timney. i said to myself +uck yall then and rounded the hammer a little with a ceramic stone.
works great now, but i have probably voided the waranty, and damaged a piece of specially tempered and treated bullshit.
so i will never buy another piece of timney crap for the following reasons:
failure to return customer phone call x2
failure of product to work as a drop in according to manufactures directions.

i will say though never any light strikes, BARELY any creep, minimal overtravel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cesiumsponge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Check out ALG Defense Inc. It's run by Bill Geissele's wife, Amy. She offers a more affordable trigger that is manufactured in a more economical fashion. Engineering has already been done, just streamlined manufacturing. A tad less crisp, but you're saving substantial money if money is a factor and it is an easy upgrade to factory triggers for 45-65 bones. It's a nice option for the budget-minded who don't need glass rods in their fighting rifles. </div></div>

That is great info. Will look into that as well.

Love the Geisseles I have, but they are definitely not cheap.

I have a Timney, much better than stock, but not as good as the Geissele my bud has. We have the same gun, his just has a better feel, more solid and crisp, if that makes sense.

I'm in the minority but I have shot both and ended up buying a Timney. Don't get me wrong Geissele is a phenomenal 2 stage, I just preferred the Timney

What kind of shooting will you be doing? Do you want a 2 stage or single stage? My 6.5 Grendel and my Noveske N6 both have the SSA-E and I have a third one sitting here waiting to go into something.

Here's a review a co-worker did of the S3G:

S3G Review

Every trigger I have ever owned was a single stage. I went with a Timney single stage 3 pound recently in my P308 and really like it. I wouldn't mind spending some time behind one with a two stage Geissele. A lot of people swear by them and have sold their Timneys to get more Geisseles but it's not the highest thing on my list right now