• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Timney Triggers in your Rimfire

I have one in my CZ455 and one in a "Ruger" 10/22. Love them both. I did have to shave alittle off on the CZ due to bolt stop not engaging but knew I might have to before hand.

Reactions: Timney USA
Got a adjustable CE on my Vudoo. It's a nice trigger. It would be great though if you could make it adjustable with the action in the stock.

Are you having any issues? If so we have a fix. The tolerances are so different in the CZ actions we have to use a different part in some. It can be fixed though. And it has a lifetime warranty.
I believe the shaving helped. I will keep an eye on it and if I continue to have an issue I will definitely contact you. Appreciate the quick response.

I'm waiting for the market announcement for the RPR rimfire trigger. Looking forward to giving one of those a try.

I have a Calvin Elite in a center fire rifle and love it. Are there any plans for a trigger of that type to be produced for a CZ 455? Want a break in the 10oz area definitely less than 1lb. Please, there has to be a market to justify it, rimfire forums are covered up with "fixes" for CZ triggers.

I have a Calvin Elite in a center fire rifle and love it. Are there any plans for a trigger of that type to be produced for a CZ 455? Want a break in the 10oz area definitely less than 1lb. Please, there has to be a market to justify it, rimfire forums are covered up with "fixes" for CZ triggers.

The problem is slam fires. I currently have mine set at 12oz with YoDave spring kit and its benchrest safe but you drop that thing on the butt of the rifle and it slam fires. I dont carry the rifle, I dont hunt with the rifle, I shoot steel and paper from 50-400yds so I dont have any safety issues.

I have a CE single stage in my Vudoo and Mausingfield. I really wanted the two stage adjustable shoe, but you don't like the lefties!

At this time no, but we are listening. We hear alot of lighter please!

When I ordered our Vudoos I got Calvin Elites in both of them. It is a real nice trigger in every way. I went with single stage in both.

I second a CE for the CZ.

1 questions. How does your 10-22 CE compared to the regular CE? I haven’t been able to find a 10-22 CE to handle.

I have a Timney in my CZ455 and when I first installed it, the firing pin wouldn't stay cocked if the trigger was set too light. You could see through the little hole in the case of the trigger the polished surfaces of the hammer and sear (I'm guessing) simply wouldn't stay engaged and keep it cocked. It didn't do it 100% of the time, but enough that I went ahead and left the trigger firmer than I wanted it to be. The trigger still felt much lighter and nicer than stock, of course.

But after having shot 600 or so rounds through it, I had it apart the other day and for kicks I tried setting the trigger lighter. This time it worked, and it passed some bump and drop tests with flying colors. I'm assuming something just needed to wear in or maybe there was excess grease or oil on the parts that engage. I haven't gone shooting with the lighter trigger yet, but I made the change a few weeks ago and since then I've picked up the rifle 4 different times to re-test it and confirm it's fine, and so far no issues.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but if you do I'd say clean the trigger up and make sure there is not any excess oil or grease on the parts that make contact. And be patient for a little break-in time.

I have a CZ455 as well, looked at your trigger but a 2lb pull is too heavy. Needs to get down to 1lb.

I have a Timney in my CZ455 and when I first installed it, the firing pin wouldn't stay cocked if the trigger was set too light. You could see through the little hole in the case of the trigger the polished surfaces of the hammer and sear (I'm guessing) simply wouldn't stay engaged and keep it cocked. It didn't do it 100% of the time, but enough that I went ahead and left the trigger firmer than I wanted it to be. The trigger still felt much lighter and nicer than stock, of course.

But after having shot 600 or so rounds through it, I had it apart the other day and for kicks I tried setting the trigger lighter. This time it worked, and it passed some bump and drop tests with flying colors. I'm assuming something just needed to wear in or maybe there was excess grease or oil on the parts that engage. I haven't gone shooting with the lighter trigger yet, but I made the change a few weeks ago and since then I've picked up the rifle 4 different times to re-test it and confirm it's fine, and so far no issues.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but if you do I'd say clean the trigger up and make sure there is not any excess oil or grease on the parts that make contact. And be patient for a little break-in time.

CZ variances are different from rifle to rifle. We try and do a one size fits all, but sometimes that doesn't work. Thats why we have a couple different sear's to make your rifle work awesome. I am glad you got it adjusted to your liking, but be careful and safe! If you need any help let us know!

See, every time you mention CZ and trigger there is a flood of responses from people that will pay good money for a top tier trigger. It seems there may be some tolerance issues in CZ components but I'm sure it can be overcome.

Reactions: Basher
There is a new version that helps with the bolt stop issue. Let us know if you need any help!

I'm guessing that's not an offer to swap at no cost? This CZ has been such a money pit. Errrr, I mean, anyone want a nice CZ455? :)

The Savage Mark II could use a Timney trigger. I have a Timney on my Savage Model 12 and it's fantastic.

Reactions: richthe1
Any questions or feedback, please let us know! We are not trying to sell, merely educate!

Does your new Tikka T-3 Two Stage tigger work in the Sako Quad and/or P-94S aka "Original Finnfire" actions?

I'm running Barnard T-3 two-stage triggers in these rigs and I am not happy. They fit, with some tweaks, but they have adjustment issues, for another thread....

Last edited:
I'm guessing that's not an offer to swap at no cost? This CZ has been such a money pit. Errrr, I mean, anyone want a nice CZ455? :)

The Savage Mark II could use a Timney trigger. I have a Timney on my Savage Model 12 and it's fantastic.

Yes they are lifetime warranty. If you have a Timney and its not working correctly reach out, and we will make it right!

Reactions: richthe1
Another vote for a CE for the 455. I could get a Langley 2oz trigger for it, but I don't need one that light and I don't want to spend that much. An 8oz-1lb trigger would sell like crazy. Perhaps one with a seperate bolt release like the Langley? I know I would buy one right now no questions asked. Post this question over at the Rimfirecentral CZ forum and your inbox will blow up. Look at how the garbage CZ Fly trigger sold out a while back, the demand is there.

Another vote for a CE for the 455. I could get a Langley 2oz trigger for it, but I don't need one that light and I don't want to spend that much. An 8oz-1lb trigger would sell like crazy. Perhaps one with a seperate bolt release like the Langley? I know I would buy one right now no questions asked. Post this question over at the Rimfirecentral CZ forum and your inbox will blow up. Look at how the garbage CZ Fly trigger sold out a while back, the demand is there.
Yes, I have one of those CZ Fly triggers and would drop it like a hot rock for a <16oz CE.

Not rimfire related, but I just recieved a CE 1.5lb ar trigger to replace my old but true and trusty 667s for one of my lowers chosen for refinement.

20180911_154253.jpg

Oohhhh baby, daddy likey ????

Update with a rimfire related test this past weekend with the CE posted above.

Some may have seen I have a .22wmr upper and it is a little finicky in the trigger dept. Anything under a 4lb weight and I will get light primer strikes. It ran with a 3lb but lps were intermittent. I tried a few things to make the 3lb work reliably, lighter firing pin spring etc, but to no avail. I kinda pulled a go figure when lps was more prevalent in the cold of winter.

Anywho, tested it with the CE and it was flawless, absolutely set off every single one of the 400rds I cooked off.

I really want to double down on another for my wmr lower, pretty much all my scoped ar platforms, but wanted to double check if Timney gives the nod up for running the 1.5lb CE on ar fcg rimfires? During my research I came across some literature that stated your CE has a 5lb hammer spring, seems about plenty of umph to set things off?

Oh btw, put me down for CE for a 452 please. ?

Last edited:
Update with a rimfire related test this past weekend with the CE posted above.

Some may have seen I have a .22wmr upper and it is a little finicky in the trigger dept. Anything under a 4lb weight and I will get light primer strikes. It ran with a 3lb but lps were intermittent. I tried a few things to make the 3lb work reliably, lighter firing pin spring etc, but to no avail. I kinda pulled a go figure when lps was more prevalent in the cold of winter.

Anywho, tested it with the CE and it was flawless, absolutely set off every single one of the 400rds I cooked off.

I really want to double down on another for my wmr lower, pretty much all my scoped ar platforms, but wanted to double check if Timney gives the nod up for running the 1.5lb CE on ar fcg rimfires? During my research I came across some literature that stated your CE has a 5lb hammer spring, seems about plenty of umph to set things off?

Oh btw, put me down for CE for a 452 please. ?

Shouldn't be a problem! Go on our new website and place the order, or give us a call 1866-4Timney. Remember they are lifetime warrantied!

I want to echo the others. I run three calories on elites in my ARs. If I could get one for a cz 455 and ruger rimfire precision that would be awesome.

Have there been any updates on time-to-market for the RPRR triggers? Anyone involved in the beta that can post any reports/observations. I understand an October release was planned and really hoping to see this trigger hit the market soon.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Have there been any updates on time-to-market for the RPRR triggers? Anyone involved in the beta that can post any reports/observations. I understand an October release was planned and really hoping to see this trigger hit the market soon.

Thanks for any info in advance.
Like this? ? Two Stage adjustable trigger for Ruger Precision Rimfire. 8oz first stage and 8-16oz adjustable second stage. Very clean and smooth break. No slight hiccup or creep before break like on factory trigger. It pulls through first, stops and then crack!

You can time trigger break to the exact moment you need it to break shot.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/ruger-precision-rimfire.6827519/page-13#post-7253880

Reactions: heartburn