• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Tips on hog hunting ( new at this )

Re: Tips on hog hunting ( new at this )

been baiting one spot a little heavier than normal so some friends will have fun when they visit soon.

we've got big ones:

PICT0240.JPG

and some TINY little bastards!
PICT0187.JPG

PICT0184.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 512BPG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">been baiting one spot a little heavier than normal so some friends will have fun when they visit soon.

we've got big ones:

PICT0240.JPG

and some TINY little bastards!
PICT0187.JPG

PICT0184.JPG
</div></div>

Oh Yeah! The little ones are fun. Often they can be ran down on foot and caught. Perfect for the BBQ.

Guys I have tried twice to put up pics,but for some reason I cannot do it.I'll have to see if my wife can, ( shes really good with computers )

Hey we have them just as big and small,but we have a lot more I say a lot more than you.Last count was +/- 100 head.The sow I killed was just as big as the one in your first pic.

Ok we'll be out again tonight,just hope the warmer temps don't hurt us.SO far they have been coming out every night,but its been in the low 20's to the the low 30's.Hope they want to feed before tomorrows ( storm ) if it comes at all.I'll be driving my 300wm tonight,hope I can put a 180gn NBT in one or two.

again I'll see if the wife can put up some pics for ya'll.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5R milspec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I have tried twice to put up pics,but for some reason I cannot do it.I'll have to see if my wife can, ( shes really good with computers )

Hey we have them just as big and small,but we have a lot more I say a lot more than you.Last count was +/- 100 head.The sow I killed was just as big as the one in your first pic.

Ok we'll be out again tonight,just hope the warmer temps don't hurt us.SO far they have been coming out every night,but its been in the low 20's to the the low 30's.Hope they want to feed before tomorrows ( storm ) if it comes at all.I'll be driving my 300wm tonight,hope I can put a 180gn NBT in one or two.

again I'll see if the wife can put up some pics for ya'll. </div></div>

this is just one spot im trying to divert them to now. every camera we have up has plenty of hogs on it. about to go on a rampage on them.

Sorry for thinking different,we too have more than we can handle.Last night was a bust,the temp was just to hot ( 65* ) so far when the temp is around 65* we don't see a thing.Or at least till 12am.Going again Friday & Sat,the temps are to be around the 30's or less.

If we didn't live apart from one another I'd say we could help out one another.It's a lot fun,plus it put's meat in the frez.Hope it works out for ya.

yea i love deer meat or id just watch those beautiful animals and leave them be. Hogs ruin the property so they must go. The real enemy around here is coyotes. We've lost 4 beagles in the last 2 years to those f@$%ers and we have some thermal vision on the way to try to win that war.

pics from last night (im checking this camera more often than the others). look at these tiny bastards

bacon.png

So far the hogs have run off the yots.Yeah those little ones will even come out in the day.Was able to take out two about a week ago,they had their noses to the ground justa working away.Turned up the scope for a 300 yard shot and drilled one,got the other one with my 9mm.

I hope you are able to work on them suckers.For we are giving them heck the best we can.

If you think that NC is bad by having you call in and get a permit to night hunt then you really haven't heard anything. In California pigs are regulated- and have been since the 50's- as a game species and permits (after the state hunting license) are $15 a piece- for what the rest of the country recognizes as A NUISANCE SPECIES!!! No night hunting, ever.

Man thats realy sucks to just hear about it,and I'll agree that we have it made way over here.

Well guys my wife cannot post pics either,she tried three different times last night.So if one wanted a pic I'll go to say to just PM me with a cell # and I'll text you a few.Sorry for she's or computer tec,she really can work one of these things,just not post a pic for some reason.She even did what snipershide has told everyone to do for posting pics.(but nothing )

Ok the weather is getting cold again.Went from being in the low 70's yesterday to the mid 50's today.So I am hopping Friday night will even be a lot colder.It's just something about these hogs liking the colder weather.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5R milspec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So far the hogs have run off the yots.Yeah those little ones will even come out in the day.Was able to take out two about a week ago,they had their noses to the ground justa working away.Turned up the scope for a 300 yard shot and drilled one,got the other one with my 9mm.

I hope you are able to work on them suckers.For we are giving them heck the best we can. </div></div>

my wife thought one of the little ones was a cat the other day when our bloodhound was sniffin and a little one was oinking back... tiny little bastard.

the koolaid/diesel/corn combo sure brings them in quickly. im going to heavy bait a few of the other locations they are already swarming and lets some buddies come out and have some fun.

I say good,the more down the better.Us we haven't had to bait them yet,just go out and get a kill or two.The hotter it is the longer it takes them to come out.( in our case )Yeah those little ones are really fun to shoot at,and I have to say it can be a litlle harder than the BIG ones.( when on the run )

My buddy said today that he was able to kill the last of the little ones today.He went on to say that they looked a little drunk from not having a mom to feed from.( I took her out )

Baiting them just makes the times and locations to find them super easy.

Yeah I hear ya man.Last night we ended up seeing 30-40 but no kill.I am going to have to take more of the killing into my own hands.My friend is just wanting to ride and shoot.I just hate to put more into it than I can afford,was just trying to help out,not invest.I'll do the best I can and see what happens.

Hope it all works out for you though.

Well it's been some time since I last posted.So I'll just start off by saying that I have been waitting on the moon to be full.So far now when they see light they just DE DE as fast as they can to the woods.Since my first good hunt was with a full moon I will keep useing the moon.

I am taking a guy tonight for he has begged me for some time know.So I agreed to take him tonight since he will be gone for 9 months.With him going off to play base ball,and not going to be home till September I gave in for him.I'll check in later to let ya'll know to what happened,just hope that he's able to drop one or two.

Here is a nice sow that fell to my 6-284. Walking through the timber and ran across her and her piglets bedded down. She dropped in her tracts got off another round on a smaller pig that I didn't even bother to go look for.
2l94y.jpg