• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TN Armadillo?

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
I was driving down the interstate today and saw what I thought was an armadillo on the side of the road. It was dead as Good Friday, but I am pretty sure it was not a opossum. Believe me, I know what a dead opossum looks like on the roadside.

Have these guys made to Tennessee? Maybe I am late getting the news, but this is the first time I think I have seen one around here.

Re: TN Armadillo?

Howdy!I live in Tupelo MS about 90 miles South of Memphis.I've been seeing armadillos around here since I was a kid in the late 70s.

Cat on the half shell, AKA Armadillo. We have those little SOB's all over Fla. Thier tunnels or burrows is what causes the problems. Pool decks and house foundations seem to be thier favorite places to dig. We shoot them when ever we see them.

My wife and I drove to Memphis from Nashville weekend before last and I bet I saw a half dozen dead along I-40. First time I've ever noticed them here.

When we lived in Houston I saw a lot of them out in the country. But I haven't seen any here yet. But that doesn't mean they aren't here.

Armadillos are all over the place here in suburban Memphis. I've killed several in my back yard and my dogs worry the crap out of the others. Daily roadkill sightings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shulette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armadillos are all over the place here in suburban Memphis. I've killed several in my back yard and my dogs worry the crap out of the others. Daily roadkill sightings. </div></div>

About 10 minutes ago, a friend from West TN said he sees them all the time.

I had heard a couple of years ago they had made it as far as south central KY. I haven't seen one personally but pic's of a roadkilled one supposedly from the Bowling Green area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gutted and cured they make a clever fancy womens hand bag..... </div></div>

I'll pass, one out of six in Texas carries leprosy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shulette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armadillos are all over the place here in suburban Memphis. I've killed several in my back yard and my dogs worry the crap out of the others. Daily roadkill sightings. </div></div>

About 10 minutes ago, a friend from West TN said he sees them all the time. </div></div>
They've been here a while but we're seeing a lot more of everything since the floods. Apparently everything got pushed up outta the bottoms.

They're all over the place in west TN. I was at my dads house in Collierville several years ago, a very "suburban" area. One had gotten into the fenced back yard and was digging up the garden looking for grubs I guess. My dog was going ape shit so I went out back to investigate. The sob wouldn't budge even after my dog bit half his tail off. I tried to nudge the thing with my foot thinking it would run off, but all it did was dig its claws into the dirt and kept on digging, throwing dirt back at me. I got my brother, a pair of leather gloves and the dogs kennel. My brother held the kennel door open and I reached down grabbing the thing by what was left of its tail and hurled it into the cage. Those things can jump 2 feet in the air when they get excited. The next morning I showed my prize to my stepmom, claiming the lame assed excuse that "This is what's been digging in your garden, not my dogs!" She wasn't impressed, but we all get a good laugh out of it when the story comes up.

I've been in Germantown, TN one week and have seen 4 dead ones due to trying to take on vehicles.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been in Germantown, TN one week and have seen 4 dead ones due to trying to take on vehicles.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I'm right next door and I see them laying feet up on the roads all the time.