• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision TNVC WASP - still wrecking coyote's days

lizzardking308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2007
Bozeman MT
Been meaning to throw something up here for a while now, but finally got the chance. I've had a WASP clip-on unit for a few years and it has been nothing short of amazing. I primarily use it for coyote hunting and night target shooting at steel plates. The unit hasn't ever let me down and I have shot dogs out past 300 yards with it with ease. I use it on one of two rifles and the point of impact shift is almost non-existent. The sweet spot for them is up to 6-8x depending on moon/starlight and with an IR light I'll run up to 10x at times, but usually around 5-6x is where I keep the scopes. I'm not sure if they are going to be released for the public but Vic has mentioned that they are being used with the same degree of success I am seeing. TNVC made one heck of a unit with the WASP!

I don't have any dog in this fight other that knowin the stigma behind the wasp....but what is the deal with them? Do they even exist beyond a handful of units? Why would anyone choose the non existent wasp over a perfectly existent pvs-30 for $5k that does the same and then some ?

Reactions: wigwamitus
lol wasp

I still have the 'Now I see in the dark' shirt I got from somewhere that they had out at the time. I think more people got those than they did WASP units.

Get a PVS30

Lol, that WASP had me waiting for a clip on, then when I got sick of waiting, I ordered something else, I quit following to see what was going to happen with that one. Interesting to know that they didn't get wide spread released. Good thing I didn't wait! :)

There was a company selling them after tnvc confirmed they were done with the project. I think maybe it was Morovision ir something like that so there maybe a few units out there in the wild.