• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Toby Keith RIP 😞

I just saw this on Fakebook. What a sad day. One of the few left who didn’t turn to hock-hop, and did it his own way, no matter what.
1707220217933.png

Sad to say I don't own a single cd of his , so can't play his music all day like I usually do when a country star passes , God speed Toby .

Heard John Daly on a Little Rock sports radio station this morning talking bout Toby.
They were close friends for a long time. They went to each others charity evens a few times. John asked him to show up once , play a short set. He said Toby and band members played for 2 hours 🍻
Don’t know what Daly did at his..except 🥴🍺 ! He favors himself as a good player & singer …few times I’ve been around him singing ….well……good thing he didn’t rely on it for a living.
Think Toby was living in Norman O.K. ? Daly used to own a bar in my burg , Toby and others showed up and played sometimes. Big treat for a little town.
People usually only see the bad side of John , but he has given and raised a LOT of $$ for our area. Huge heart ! Once he knows you , your good to go.
You could tell he was bummed out today.
🇺🇸 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring'r
Yup he was a douche bag democrat. Made shitty no talent pop country for the people he hated. It was an act.

Deuces you liberal shitstain.
Hard to condone his voting habits granted. Didn’t know his CCW stance either, but fuck him , wouldn’t eat there anyway. If I have clothes on , chances are I’ll be packing heat , and I don’t have nor want a CCW. If someone is carrying concealed and gets “seen“ , they need to work on that flaw.
That said , very few people in the world I’d wish stomach cancer on. He didn’t rate that wish. Bill or Killery or say Myorakis …that’s a firm ” bye bye “ , not choosy on causes.

Mixed feelings about his politics. I went to a couple of his concerts. Reasonably priced and put on a good show. Both concerts he had flown home warriors on his dime to surprise their spouse and kids on stage. Very heartwarming regardless of politics.
Ran across him in the wild at Tahoe a few years ago. A genuinely nice guy and was kind and gracious to all around him.

I liked him and his music a lot. I'll let God judge him as I am in no place to pass judgment on anyone.

Actually, the company who licensed his restaurants put the no guns signs up, when he owned them there were no signs.
Could you explain this "company that licensed his restaurants" statement. There are about 20 license you need to open a restaurant and I can't think off one that doesn't come from the government.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
I was told that he was dabbling some in real estate...

A year or two ago, the wife and I were at a little resort restaurant where my oldest daughter worked... In walks this guy in jeans and a denim shirt with a ball cap on. He had several people with him dressed in business attire and they take a seat at a table near us.

I thought the guy looked a little out of place compared to the other folks. My wife leans over and tells me, "That's Toby Keith." I didn't believe her at first, the guy at the table didn't look as big as TK does in his videos. But I reckon that's Hollywood camera magic.

I smiled and nodded. He smiled and nodded back. I didn't approach him... Figured he was busy.

Not much of an interaction, but he seemed like a nice enough guy.

I'm not a huge country music fan, but I liked his stuff. Most of his music videos were pretty funny, especially "I wanna talk about me."

Mike

Could you explain this "company that licensed his restaurants" statement. There are about 20 license you need to open a restaurant and I can't think of one that doesn't come from the government.
It was supposedly an insurance thing and also it was only one restaurant of many.

Could you explain this "company that licensed his restaurants" statement. There are about 20 license you need to open a restaurant and I can't think off one that doesn't come from the government.
Yes, Toby Keith opened his I Love This Bar and Grill then sold the idea and chain with a license to use his name. Pretty standard for performers who open chains unless they are going to run the day to day business. Similar to the change in the Hard Rock Cafe menu when the Seminoles bought them and all the performers names came off the menu.

Yes, Toby Keith opened his I Love This Bar and Grill then sold the idea and chain with a license to use his name. Pretty standard for performers who open chains unless they are going to run the day to day business. Similar to the change in the Hard Rock Cafe menu when the Seminoles bought them and all the performers names came off the menu.
That is called a franchise.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
That is called a franchise.
And you license a trade mark, for example your name. If he ran them he would sell a franchise like opening a McDonalds or Del Taco. Since he sold the naming rights they are not his franchise they are the licensees to run.