• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse

Tigerbikes

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2006
    NJ USA
    Just watched it.

Navy Seal Lt. Cmdr. is a woman who looks to be about 6 feet tall and 130 pounds in the field leading a team.

I remember when what made Clancy novels / movies great was his attention to detail... researching facts and using details to make the story believable...

Shame the seeming curse on making this great book a movie didn't work again. Has been tried about six times and failed for one reason or another till now. What a pile of crap this thing is.

• Love
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Without Remorse was horrible.
    Such a fantastic book. Such a horrible movie.

I was actually really excited when I heard it was coming out. I enjoyed the Jack Ryan series Amazon did. However, my excitement was completely squelched in the first 5 minutes. Complete train wreck that I found myself skipping through portions of.

Dialog: terrible.
    Acting: atrocious.
    Female SEAL Commander: ridiculous

I don’t know if I had ever seen a movie with Michael Jordan in it, but I know who he is. For an actor so famous, I was surprised at how crappy of an actor he was. Maybe he was good in other movies, but he seemed disjointed and almost inexperienced in this movie.

Good thing Tom Clancy is dead or he would have crapped a brick over this one.

Without Remorse was horrible.
    Such a fantastic book. Such a horrible movie.

I was actually really excited when I heard it was coming out. I enjoyed the Jack Ryan series Amazon did. However, my excitement was completely squelched in the first 5 minutes. Complete train wreck that I found myself skipping through portions of.

Dialog: terrible.
    Acting: atrocious.
    Female SEAL Commander: ridiculous

I don’t know if I had ever seen a movie with Michael Jordan in it, but I know who he is. For an actor so famous, I was surprised at how crappy of an actor he was. Maybe he was good in other movies, but he seemed disjointed and almost inexperienced in this movie.

Good thing Tom Clancy is dead or he would have crapped a brick over this one.

Inexperienced is a nice way of classifying anyone in this movie lol.

Willem Dafoe is and always will be John Clark as far as I'm concerned. Can't read Clear and Present Danger or Rainbow Six without imagining him in the role.
    Rainbow Six is the one they need to make. ...just as long as it isn’t like the second season of Jack Ryan...cause that was hot fucking garbage.

That was the best of that series of books. I always wanted them to make a movie based on that one. Whodathunk Hollywood could fuck up a good book?
    Thought the same thing.
    it kind of looked like the start of a series to me and yes i thought it was way way off from the book

I actually turned it off 3/4 way through. Pitiful.
    I’m not an operator but in the first 5 minutes or so a bunch of Seals are in a gunfight in the dark, all wearing nods...and no one’s using them. It was off to a terrible start.

I actually liked it.

Weapons handling was better than pretty much any 80s or 90s movie- it looks like Michael B Jordan's training with Buck Doyle was time well spent.

I cringed when I saw that an elite fighting unit led in the field by a woman, because they haven't been able to meet the standard, let alone work their way to the top. But I was able to get over it and enjoy the movie.

I wouldn't mind it as the start of the Rainbow Six series.

• Haha
    Reactions: Runnineh
    The thing that cracks me up about Hollywood’s interpretation of Special Forces, etc. is that the characters fall into two categories: robots and surfers.

The robots possess virtually no emotion and who have forced facial reactions that are akin to telling a 5 year old “Give me your scared face. Now give me your surprised face.”

The surfers are ultra relaxed pretty boys that almost always have a beer in their hand that can barely scrape together enough discipline to take their given objective in the movie seriously.

I fully understand there are all types of personalities in the world. I just find it odd when Hollywood can only seem to portray these two in military (namely “special ops”) flicks.

I'm just laughing that the movie is getting it from both sides. The "woke" side is grilling it because it's "idolizing the military" and "glorifying violence using weapons of war". And here it's "get this BLM garbage out of here".

The middle ground is it's a pretty entertaining movie with good weapons handling but lacks character development. I feel like a lot of the nuance probably ended up on the cutting room floor.

Take Michael B Jordan and the CIA guy, add some good supporting staff, and start making Rainbow Six.

I'm just laughing that the movie is getting it from both sides. The "woke" side is grilling it because it's "idolizing the military" and "glorifying violence using weapons of war". And here it's "get this BLM garbage out of here".

The middle ground is it's a pretty entertaining movie with good weapons handling but lacks character development. I feel like a lot of the nuance probably ended up on the cutting room floor.

Take Michael B Jordan and the CIA guy, add some good supporting staff, and start making Rainbow Six.
    No. MBJ is a terrible actor, the producers and directors in Hollywood are terrible, and they ruined a very good book. I haven't seen the movie yet I know the whole thing should have ended up on the cutting room floor.

Watching movies for the "weapons handling." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Why do you think Heat gets such high praise? Usually the very first thing people say is that the weapons handling was believable.

You don't get irritated when you watch movies where someone shoots 30 rounds from a 17 round mag without reloading, or when they cock the slide on the same gun four times before the action happens (ammo is too expensive to waste three rounds 😂).

Reactions: deersniper
    Why do you think Heat gets such high praise? Usually the very first thing people say is that the weapons handling was believable.

You don't get irritated when you watch movies where someone shoots 30 rounds from a 17 round mag without reloading, or when they cock the slide on the same gun four times before the action happens (ammo is too expensive to waste three rounds 😂).

I don't know or care what "heat" is, or what mall ninja weapon handling they "get praise for" in it.

Here is what I hear. "Those hollywood boys playing with toy guns gave me boner."

I don't know or care what "heat" is, or what mall ninja weapon handling they "get praise for" in it.

Here is what I hear. "Those hollywood boys playing with toy guns gave me boner."
    If you don’t know what “Heat” is, you’re wrong. Al and Bob at their peak. That said, I agree with your points about some people here and their chubs for weapons handling in Hollywood trash...especially straight-to-streaming. If you want some great handling in Hollywood, go watch Collateral. If you like collateral, you’ll like Heat.

It is interesting how people can see different things. For example, I thought (as a general statement) the weapons handling was very bad.

I wanted “Sicario”. I got the Charlie Sheen “Navy SEALs” movie.
    Excuse me sir....but what the fuck is wrong with the 1990’s masterpiece Navy SEALs?!?!?

The chances of Hollywood making a good flick that matches the book and also includes all the virtue signaling they get into it is zero. It will always be zero. They are incapable of doing anything else.

If you don’t know what “Heat” is, you’re wrong. Al and Bob at their peak. That said, I agree with your points about some people here and their chubs for weapons handling in Hollywood trash...especially straight-to-streaming. If you want some great handling in Hollywood, go watch Collateral. If you like collateral, you’ll like Heat.

Excuse me sir....but what the fuck is wrong with the 1990’s masterpiece Navy SEALs?!?!?

Agreed. Collateral is great.

And back then, that's the best we had. 😂😂

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    Agreed. Collateral is great.

And back then, that's the best we had. 😂😂
    Right? It went from that to the first 5 and last 5 minutes of Tears of the Sun...to Sicario...To whatever dumpster fire we have that permitted the existence of Jack Ryan Season 2...and now this trash.

This is what happens when society drools over the trash that Marvel and DC put out every two weeks.

I've been waiting around 30 years for that movie to arrive. What a DISAPPOINTMENT. I'm thinking that it all has to do with the 'green energy' that the idiots are expounding on. Because right now, they sure have Tom Clancy spinning in his grave so they might-just-as-well hook a dynamo up to him so that LA can be self-sustainable for electricity.

That garbage of a movie was tantamount to taking Your Lady out to a nice restaurant, sitting down and perusing the menu, choosing Chateaubriand and Oyster's Rockefeller. All the while enjoying the ambiance and looking forward to enjoying the meal.

Then the waiters arrive, and when they lift the cloche's off your plates all you see is green and orange jello.

About the only good thing I can say about this is, somebody, ANYBODY, with integrity, self-respect, dignity, and professionalism now have the opportunity to actually make a movie called Without Remorse because it STILL hasn't been done yet.

That was a complete and utter shit-show. The ONLY things that were similar in the book was the title on the cover, the lead actor's name (??????????) and his wife's name. There wasn't ANYTHING, not a single thing, even remotely connected with the book in any way.

Well, ok, I'll grant you that they too had periods at the end of their sentences/lines... so there's that.

I never really cared for Without Remorse.

<gasp>

Good book, just couldn’t get into it the way I did others.

Red Storm Rising is the best Clancy work, bar none...would be an awesome movie (or better yet, miniseries) but that’ll never happen. Debt Of Honor is #2 and Rainbow Six #3. I’m terrified of a potential Rainbow Six movie done by contemporary Hollywierd.

Hardly any movie made these days is going to be any good. They may, or may not keep with the storyline of a decent book, but every film company out there right now will go out of their way to pander to political, and social messaging during both casting, and screenwriting, so, yeah... they're gonna suck. This is just one more case, and I'm so glad I'm hearing about it before I waste my time watching it.

1. I knew it was SJW bullshit when Amazon decided to send me a fucking email about it. The "Please, watch this. Or else" email.
    2. Books allow you to bend things to your own imagination, and the smarter you are the more likely a book is going to be very satisfactory and a movie isn't.
    3. Most movies that actually do a good job with the book material are borderline unintelligible unless you read the book. Its a strange tradeoff but definitely seems mostly true.
    4. Fuck SJW'ism.

That said, the lead SEAL team leader shoulda been a 6'4" tranny on steroids because that woulda been hilarious. Definitely a double edged sword that one. "Are you saying real women can't be SEALS?" "Are YOU saying trannies aren't real women?"

-"Hey guys. My name is Casey."
    "Yeah, I'm totally a chick."
    "Yeah, they said I could be a Navy SEAL again if I just took enough hormones to grow a set of tits. I figured I was halfway there with these steroids so I might as well finish shit up, you know?"
    "My last duty station? Oh, I was a cook on the USS Missouri before becoming a woman. Some terrorists tried taking the ship over and I showed them what for. Then when I was about to do this banging supermodel chick that showed up I realized how much hotter it would be if it was lesbian sex."
    "I didn't bring a rifle. I'm a dude with tits and a 1911. I'm just here to help you guys out with the whole baited ambush thing over and over again. There isn't a terrorist in the world who doesn't stop dead cold for a few moments when he sees me topless, and that'll give you plenty of time to drill em."

That was the best of that series of books. I always wanted them to make a movie based on that one. Whodathunk Hollywood could fuck up a good book?
    "Executive Orders" was the only book of his I read multiple times. His books may be a bit dated obviously, but quite a few of them would deserve the "book a season" approach of modern TV shows.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go on AMAZON and leave reviews!!!

Let's break that down for a moment here, shall we?

Somebody decided to steal a title and create a completely different thing than what the title had encapsulated. Somebody else then said 'what a great idea, let me throw a LOT of money at you'.

Then another somebody decided hey, lets take something that is perfectly good and viable, and FUCK IT UP COMPLETELY TO AN UNRECOGNIZABLE ENTITY. All around that somebody were cheers, pats-on-the-back, and hand-jobs.

Then, two more somebody's got together and 're-wrote' EVERYTHING, so-as-to make it 'currently palatable' as well as "here's what we want YOU to be thinking..." No no no no no.... don't think 'that'.... think 'THIS' instead.... there, doesn't that make you feel all better now,,,, butterflies and unicorns and shit?

A LOT of money went into this, and a lot of effort, and a lot of 'decision making' and a lot of hand-jobs. I have to believe this, because there is nothing but garbage, crap, junk, detritus, and SHIT showing on the screen.

You'd think you were watching the daily news. Or more accurately, "Legislative Television".

As a species, we are doomed.

• Haha
    Reactions: GPtuners
    There's no theft involved - rights were acquired.

So, no hooker. No sinks/zinks mixup resulting in a dead in the water boat.

As soon as I saw "pregnant wife" in the description, I thought, da'fuq! It's been 20 years since I read it, but I don't remember that.

I won't be watching it..

Did it at least have some lathe turning action, the buckmark, and the air-tank scene?

Reactions: deersniper

As soon as I saw "pregnant wife" in the description, I thought, da'fuq! It's been 20 years since I read it, but I don't remember that.

I won't be watching it..

Did it at least have some lathe turning action, the buckmark, and the air-tank scene?
    No taking baffles to a lathe, no 22 to be found.

To be fair....young Val Kilmer is enough to give anyone a boner.....:rolleyes:;)

tumblr_oasfvyzoUV1tcpjbho4_250.gif

I won't be watching it..

No, no, and no.

Wasn't like that in the book at all

you're smart!

No, No, and not even hinted-at. The storyline of the book and whateverthehell you call that crap of a movie were two COMPLETELY different things. Other than the title, and 2 characters. Hence my description above.

And yeah, as far as I'm concerned, they stole the title so that they could put out some commie propaganda whilst riding the coat-tails of something that someone else did a GREAT job of, and has garnered a HECK of a following over the decades. Lets completely ignore all that, and go off onto a totally different tangent.

Vapidly so.

No, no, and no.

Wasn't like that in the book at all

you're smart!

No, No, and not even hinted-at. The storyline of the book and whateverthehell you call that crap of a movie were two COMPLETELY different things. Other than the title, and 2 characters. Hence my description above.

And yeah, as far as I'm concerned, they stole the title so that they could put out some commie propaganda whilst riding the coat-tails of something that someone else did a GREAT job of, and has garnered a HECK of a following over the decades. Lets completely ignore all that, and go off onto a totally different tangent.

Vapidly so.

That's unfortunate. I always thought Without Remorse was Tom Clancy's best novel. After reading it, I remember thinking, fuck! That guys a killing machine, this would make a kickass movie!

Well, Fuck Hollywood!

That book rivaled Bushwacker, The History of Bill Wilson (the inspiration for Josey Whales), as my all time favorite.

Last edited: