• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tom knapp sons of guns

Re: tom knapp sons of guns

Tom Knapp is cut from exactly the same cloth as the red jacket crowd..... nothing surprising there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: epdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what was he thinking
</div></div>

I thought he was a legitimate gun guy... maybe he's just a whore too.

Tom has had a rough few years.
When his health began to fail him, Benelli opted to not renew their contract with him. Kind of a shit move, IMO.

I refuse to watch Sons of Guns, so I didn't see him on there.

I've traded a few e-mails with Tom and I can tell you that he is good people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom has had a rough few years.
When his health began to fail him, Benelli opted to not renew their contract with him. Kind of a shit move, IMO.

</div></div>

The guy is 62 years old who's only skill set is lost from health issues. I don't blame him for taking whatever paycheck he can get!

I don't like sell-outs, but at the same time, I bet he made a ton of money for doing that...and I didn't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fish2keel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder who will replace him </div></div>
Sean Flannigan?

I caught part of the show last night. I can't remember what the owners name is, but he looked like shit. I mean the guy looked seriously ill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom has had a rough few years.

</div></div>

Tom's health didn't fail him...he's a drunk and killing himself. Benelli didn't bail on him....he's a drunk and obviously they couldn't have him continue to no show events and display completely inappropriate behavior in public. They offered him the chance to complete rehab and get it together. He refused and cried foul thinking public pressure would force them to change their mind...that was the bitch move. And more than emails, I have interacted with him on several occasions in a professional environment....he couldn't have been more unprofessional until the cameras clicked on, then he was barely good enough to get his fist around his money...far from good people and much closer to douchebag.

They have been getting a lot of guests on there. What is the other gun show?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want them to bring back American Guns !!! SEASON 2 !! </div></div>

wiu0ja.jpg

You sir, have no idea what you are talking about. Tom was originally diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. Benelli got nervous and dumped him for the live exhibition shows due to a health clause in his contract. After word got out to the public, Benelli was backpeddling on the issue and downplayed it as Tom's fault, not theirs. It was later learned he was misdiagnosed and they still are not sure what exactly caused the health problems, other than it is directly related to his lungs. The last I was told they think it was a rare form of pneumonia that never goes away. I also happen to know Mr. Knapp and he showed me the letter from Benelli that dumped him due to the health issues. I repeat...HE SHOWED ME THE LETTER ! I have no idea what your personal axe is to grind with Mr Knapp, but he has done more in the last 15 yrs to promote the shooting sports than most people would ever hope to do in a lifetime! Yes, he is in it for the money too...its his business and how he makes a living, I think some of you out there have forgotten that, he doesnt do this for free! Have the facts straight before you try to slit someones throat. If you have a personal issue with Tom, why do you feel compelled to post slanderous comments on a webboard?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt.creedmoor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol.....drama </div></div>

No drama on my part, just setting the record straight! I dont like it when people take uncalled for shots.

...says a couple of low-post nubcakes who don't fill out their profiles, and appear to have registered solely to participate in asinine discussions.

You'll forgive us if we give your opinion ZERO credence.

What would you like me to put in my profile. Yes I am a new poster but I did not join this website because of this post I was looking for information on a program that I want to start for my department.
And being a low-post nutcake I still do not have to sit by and have some body tell an outrite lie about a freind of mine.
Schultz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...says a couple of low-post nubcakes who don't fill out their profiles, and appear to have registered solely to participate in asinine discussions.

You'll forgive us if we give your opinion ZERO credence. </div></div>

hey wait, I think Lowlight made it clear several months ago not to bash newbies to this website. Is that true or does it just apply to "certain" people?

Typical web board, someone new comes in and challenges another persons post and lets just chalk it off as "low-post nubcakes". I guess I need a couple thousand posts before I am deemed credible. Really?? And what about your posts make you more credible than me? I have been to this forum dozens of times in the past looking for information, I have just never posted until now. I guess that makes me uncredible...thats fine, I know the truth in this story. You will forgive me if I give YOUR opinion ZERO credence as well. But just to satisfy your curiosity, I have personally known Mr Knapp for over 15 yrs. I know the truth to this story, the rest of you can only speculate on what went on because, hey, let face it, rumors are fun!! I have seen the letters between him and Benelli, can ANY of you say that? I am not trying to brag, thats not the point. The point is to clear up the misconceptions and outright lies being stated.

BTW bcw...you also just participated in the "asinine discussion", so you must have some interest in it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrooklynDecker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...says a couple of low-post nubcakes who don't fill out their profiles, and appear to have registered solely to participate in asinine discussions.

You'll forgive us if we give your opinion ZERO credence. </div></div>

hey wait, I think Lowlight made it clear several months ago not to bash newbies to this website. Is that true or does it just apply to "certain" people?

Typical web board, someone new comes in and challenges another persons post and lets just chalk it off as "low-post nubcakes". I guess I need a couple thousand posts before I am deemed credible. Really?? And what about your posts make you more credible than me? I have been to this forum dozens of times in the past looking for information, I have just never posted until now. I guess that makes me uncredible...thats fine, I know the truth in this story. You will forgive me if I give YOUR opinion ZERO credence as well. But just to satisfy your curiosity, I have personally known Mr Knapp for over 15 yrs. I know the truth to this story, the rest of you can only speculate on what went on because, hey, let face it, rumors are fun!! I have seen the letters between him and Benelli, can ANY of you say that? I am not trying to brag, thats not the point. The point is to clear up the misconceptions and outright lies being stated.

BTW bcw...you also just participated in the "asinine discussion", so you must have some interest in it!

</div></div>

FIRST- Nobody said you couldn't be here, or that you were not welcome because you are new. If you read between the lines, I simply suggested is that if you wish to be taken seriously, you should probably post something of value before you go starting an argument with a long time member... especially when your rebuttal consists of nothing but unfounded personal anecdotes. Just because you say you know the guy in question, doesn't make it true. The "nubcake" comment was intended to reference the fact that this sort of behavior is typical of people who didn't join to contribute but merely to represent whatever agenda in a an unnecessarily vehement manner. Much akin to someone who registers just to trash a well known company with unfounded statements about quality, CS, etc. I would make these statements to you whether you had 2 posts or 20,000... but people with that many posts don't tend to come here for the side dishes, and don't usually cause problems, you dig?

Secondly, I could give two shits about Tom Knapp. I think he's obnoxious on TV, that's enough for me. Notice how I never took a stance on if he is/isn't ill, drunk, or whatever. You can spin this till you are blue in the face, but I never made any judgements about him. I don't know or care about the issue that got you wound up enough to register and make all 3 of your posts here. Hell, I didn't even watch the segment on Discovery... I was actually tuned in to the show on before Sons of Guns, but saw the next was going to be two of the most obnoxious personalities together (red jacket and knapp) and I promptly switched over to history channel. So sue me.

As for my credibility, you need look no further than the PX to establish that. I've done real business with hundreds of HIDE members and they know i'm not full of shit. Before I did that, I read until my eyes bled. Then I posted and learned. Then I bought a rifle and learned to shoot long range. I claim no expertise, but I do now know enough to be a contributing member here, and I do know quite a bit of technical info (the curse of a scientific mind, I suppose).

Conversely, you are rapidly tipping your hand. If you don't wish to be given flack then do something constructive. Otherwise, I call TROLL and am rescinding your allotment of c-rations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt.creedmoor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol.....drama </div></div>

sometimes i quote myself....

Just like to show...lots of BS and no real substance.

Here is a response from smokshwn.....
wink.gif

First: My experience with Tom's drunken boorish behavior is first hand, on more than one occasion. If he didn't want it posted on the internet, he should have kept his behavior out of the public eye. Being too drunk to shoot geese in front of a film crew is a professional embarrassment, period. Returning to the same outfitter and repeating the performance is sheer idiocy. The fact is, these are only a few of the many incidents Benelli could cite for their termination of their relationship with him.

Second: I don't really care what letter you think you have seen from Benelli. Last I heard it wasn't too hard to fake letterhead.

Third: If you're going to make fabricate an argument at least make one up that utilizes logic.

If in fact Tom Knapp has some rare medical disease, then why release him? There is no downside for Benelli. They keep him in the fold garnering publicity from an established personality, and when his health goes to shit they get to play the sympathy card and solidify a legacy. Win Win

However, if we use your line of reasoning, Benelli loses an established personality and becomes the evil corporate beast eating up another little guy. Lose Lose

Smokshwn & BCW:

if thats what your experience was with Mr Knapp, that is indeed unfortunate. I never challenged your allegations he was drunk. I was challenging your allegations on WHY Benelli let him go for the exhibition shows. Truth be told, this whole argument is somewhat of a moot point. He is working with CZUSA, his health is almost back to normal, he is still making a decent living, and he is home a lot more than when Benelli had him running all over the planet. He has moved on with life. You arent the first ones to dislike the guy..I get that. I honestly dont care if you dont like the guy. What ticked me off is the outright wrong allegation you made about WHY Benelli let him go.

I was posting something of value. I stated very clearly that I personally read the letter from benelli. Come on, guys, it wasnt faked. Thats just more silliness and more rumor mongering.

BCW: I am a little confused why you are taking such an interest in me and my posts if you dont give 2 shits about the issue? It truly amazes me how new guys come into a conversation to come to the defense on an issue and others call "troll" or "nubcake". You forget Benelli is a large corporation interested in one thing...making money. They thought (incorrectly) that Knapp was going to be out. The original diagnosis gave him 2-3 yrs to live without a lung transplant. I visited him in the St Cloud MN hospital. They cut him loose before learning he was going to get better. Their loss and corporate mistake.

Like I said once, I have been here dozens of times, just never saw the need or had the desire to post until now. I have an interest in the shooting sports, I have about 15 guns from pistols to rifles and shotguns. My interests are wide, guns are just a small part...hence me never posting on a rifle site until now.

So it would appear that we would have to have a certified letter delivered to Smokshwn from Benelli before he will belive decker.
It been brought up about no profile hear it is.I have been a cop for 23 years I work for the 5th or 6th largest police department in MN. I am 59 years old and have been married for 32 years. My intrests are bird hunting, 3 gun and USPSA, running, weight lifting. I came to this forum in hope of getting some information on starting a program for my department. I saw the post about Tom Knapp and Smokshwn's post.
I did not know that you had to have 3129 posts before you could call bulls--t on something that you know is a lie.This is not my first rodeo I have delt with internet commandos in the past and will deal with them in the future

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MbaQr.png
</div></div>

winning. thanks for the lulz!

Not only Tom Knapp, I was channel surfing and saw Ted Nugent on the show, WTF, Uncle Ted doesn't need the money, does he?