• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Too cool.

Re: Too cool.

You can't fool me, that is not a rifle. But Ken Block *is* cool... and one of the most talented drivers, I've ever seen.

John

Thats insane man. I wish i had that kind of driving talent. Practice practice practice i guess.

The man can defiantly wheel a car, and the little Ford sounds good while doing it.

That has got to be the best gymkhana footage I've ever seen! I never figured that was your style Mr. Dixon. Boy do I miss my auto x car!

Thats Ken's 3rd video.

The first two are done in a Subaru before they built the fiesta.

Not exactly gunsmithing. Although we could relate it to CNC. Anyone notice the GIANT custom aluminum brake handle with his number and name engraved in it.

When you own DC shoes and help sponsor yourself. You can do that sort of thing. Not to mention he's got a serious helping of talent.

I'm guessing you got this in an email? I received the same thing.

Thought so... I watched it for the 4th time now... still amazes me how good he is. That would be an awesome amusement park ride.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N0S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought so... I watched it for the 4th time now... still amazes me how good he is. That would be an awesome amusement park ride. </div></div>

I can't recall who it was at the moment. But someone rode with him in his Subaru doing that. A female celebrity I believe and she had to hop out and hurl after 2 mins.

He also did a bit on top gear(UK)

i figured it out. it sounds like a turbo charged blender on crack trying to stick weld but doing a bad job of it. yeah, thats it

Thank you! Have been a Ken fan for a long time and good to see him in a Ford instead of a Subaru. Feel this is the best yet. Maybe put that on the VCR in the gun shops for the kids.

Holy Mother Of All Things Driving-Related!!
cool.gif
THAT is just BEYOND AWESOME!!! Thank you sir for sharing!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow, to be a passenger for that would be awesome.... </div></div>

Careful what you wish for. . .

Call this gay or whatever you want.

I returned home one trip from Iraq in May of 08. At the dealer was a brand spanking new 2008 Gixxer 1000 that I'd bought while deployed. I had them install the Bazazz traction control/fuel managment, Akropovich exhaust, new binders, etc.

Nasty, nasty bike sporting around 180hp at the wheel. I'd raced (actually I was the fat old guy trying to keep up with suicidal 20 year olds that weighed about 90lbs) the 600cc "poser class" at Pueblo and 2nd creek a few times so this wasn't exactly a new idea for me. Been riding sport bikes for close to 20 years.

Anyway I pick this thing up and head out for the weekend to Deckers west of COS to break in the motor. The following Monday I enrolled at the Jason Pridmore racing school being hosted by the Pueblo track.

road all day, think I'm a bad ass, etc. Jason offers "ride alongs" to students as a way to earn some cash for one of his pit crew guys suffering from a brain tumor. I cough up a few bucks and off we go. They had a photographer there taking pics. This is my fat ass middle of turn one.

corneredit3copy1emailedit.jpg

Hairy leg on the back of a sport bike is pretty much the gayest thing a grown man can do. Let me express to you that by the end of the first corner I was his bitch. Not even going to try and lie my way out of it.

It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I'll take a <span style="font-style: italic">firefight</span> over this. 25 to 30mph faster corner speeds with me on the back of a bone stock gixxer 1000 than I could do by myself.

White knuckle all the way.

Make fun, poke, I don't care. I did it and if anyone ever wants the living crap scared out of them, find the school and bring a helmet along with a paper sack to puke in when your done.

VH2F2475.jpg

I was thinking he was going to need a tire change before that's over with.... Oop never mind.

Chad,

I used to race AMA Superbikes back in the early 80's. I tossed my bike in practice and a friend offered me a ride back to the paddock so we could get a pickup. OMFG!
eek.gif
I didn't realize the ride back was going to be close to race pace! I've NEVER been so scared in my life. NEVER been on the back of a motorcycle since and NEVER will.

You have my utmost respect.

(BTW, I used to watch Jason's dad Reg race before I got my Pro license... yeah, I'm old I guess.
wink.gif
)

John

Good skills BUT most if not all current WRC drivers can do exactly the same. Not taking anything away from Ken but the flat drifts etc are on the most part are control with and active drive train,front,center and rear diffs are "active" and controlled by ecu with inputs from steering angle,"g" sensors, wheel speed/slip and throttle angle.

If you took a Focus/Subaru WRC car removed the restricter, swapped out the cams and fired a new map into it you would see simlar performace. I have sat with McRae and a fair few other drivers and like Ken they have a natural talent. Combine this rare skill AND modern drive train tech you get what Chad has just posted up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason offers "ride alongs" to students as a way to earn some cash for one of his pit crew guys suffering from a brain tumor. I cough up a few bucks and off we go. </div></div>

BTDT at Buttonwillow in Kalifornia.

Yeah, this guy two up (me at 6'2" 230+) on a box stock Katana, passing other folks like they were standing still.

He was clearly just out for a ride and having fun. Zero stress.

Best money I spent in a long time.
I was so f*ing ready to go again!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Make fun, poke, I don't care.

</div></div>

Not me sir,
I learned the hardway on a Buell Firebolt not to try to keep up with the bigboys....

That type of car driving is referred to as gymkhana and that was Ken Block who is a bad ass rally racer.

For those of you that hit the track on bikes, Im right there with you. Mid Ohio is my home track and there is nothing scarier then grabbing a handful of brake at the end of the back straight. I love it.

If he tuned that thing up and got some good tires I bet he wouldnt slide around so much! That sounds horrible! Kinda smokes a bit too.

Jason

I love watching Ken and Travis drive. The WRC drivers have some skills fo show! Thanks for the video.

I wonder how many takes did it take them to compile the whole video together.

I think I missed a booth on career day.

You can definitely say you did something when you literally drive the wheels off a car.

Damn if I could only get my Ford (Expedition) K9 unit to perform like that...........never mind I would be cleaning up mine and my K9 partners puke for weeks. Ken goes blowing by me on the freeway in that I'm not even going to break squelch. Hell how would you describe it? I have seen some guys do some pretty amazing things with a Crown Vic after a bad guy but that was impressive. Thanks for posting the video

I only watched 3 minutes of it so maybe I missed it, but why again is it in Gunsmithing?

Not tryin to sound like a dick but 12 of the first 100 threads in gunsmithing are yours. Thats 12% man, maybe combine some of them?

I know I sound like a butthole... sorry
I do admire your work. Just wish I could see it all in one place
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I'll take a <span style="font-style: italic">firefight</span> over this. 25 to 30mph faster corner speeds with me on the back of a bone stock gixxer 1000 than I could do by myself.

White knuckle all the way..... </div></div>

+1000, used to ride fast bikes, never thought a thing about touching a knee in a corner until I rode on the back...never again. I think it was maybe due to sitting higher on the bike but anyway it was very scary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only watched 3 minutes of it so maybe I missed it, but why again is it in Gunsmithing?

Not tryin to sound like a dick but 12 of the first 100 threads in gunsmithing are yours. Thats 12% man, maybe combine some of them?

smile.gif
</div></div>

I'm with Keith on this one. It might be cool but why are the mods letting this continue in Gunsmithing?

RT

I miss him not being in a Subaru, though I am biased as I drive a 2010 STi. He is a hell of a driver though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N0S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought so... I watched it for the 4th time now... still amazes me how good he is. </div></div>

What's interesting is how good he isn't when racing against Sebastian Loeb, Danny Sordo, Mikka Hirvonen, Jari Matti Latvala et al who consistently beat him like a red headed step child all over the WRC courses every year.

...because a once in a blue moon random completely off topic post makes us grin... and to remind us to not take ourselves too seriously.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only watched 3 minutes of it so maybe I missed it, but why again is it in Gunsmithing?

smile.gif
</div></div>

Marketing 101:

Exposure is everything. . .

I was content posting here/there and living a quiet little life showing customer guns/projects/etc. Vendors here got "irked" as they felt it was advertisement and undermining them because they were paying sponsors.

Well enough was enough, the hammer came down, and I am now a sponsor as well. You can be certain I'm going to get my money's worth.

If that's a problem then I don't know what to say to you.

Why did I post it here? Because this is pretty much the only venue on this site that I exist in. I don't visit other sections very often. It's a matter of convenience.

Far as I can tell your the only one complaining.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...because a once in a blue moon random completely off topic post makes us grin... and to remind us to not take ourselves too seriously. </div></div>

Exactly!!
smile.gif

C.