• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Too many notifications?

Barneybdb

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 2, 2011
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Someone mentioned they were unable to message me, checked my message centre and all ok, tried to message back and get an error about too many notifications? Am I missing something?

Barney, I too just got that the other day. It seems that whenever you click "like" on a topic or post, that is logged on your system as a "subscription" as well as a message in your inbox. I just deleted a whack of them, but am not sure how to clear the slate.

I eventually figured that out Sean, the message centre is not very user friendly. It displays the number of messages but everything else is blank until you click on it. I found over a thousand in "Sent", also after deleting everything you need to empty the garbage to permanently delete them which means clicking on everything again. There must be an easier way??