• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Too many weapons

RebelYell

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2010
Iowa
How to tell if you own too many guns. Just in case some of you are wondering.

1-Inadequate interior volume remaining in one's home for breathing space. Forget moving between rooms.
2-When finished cleaning the last gun, the first 100 are rusted and the next 100-200 are in dire need of dusting
3-The police call you when there's a serious gun fight.
4-Hornady, Winchester, CCI and Remington poll you to decide what ammo sizes they're making next year.
5-If you bought a gun from a gunshop, only to realize you used to own it years ago.
6-If your local gunsmith calls you for obsolete parts.
7-If your gun safe is bigger than your refrigerator.
8-If the FBI asks you to identify firearms they can't.
9-If you have guns in your safes that you can't for the life of you remember how you came by.
10-If ammo manufacturers had to layoff workers when you went to Europe for a month's vacation.
11-If third world arms dealers consider you to be the largest gun runner in the world (but you keep all the stuff for yourself)
12-If you've spent more money at Midway USA, Brownell's, and Cabela's than the companies are worth.

Re: Too many weapons

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup. Wish I had all those problems. I'd tell the feds to pound sand though.</div></div>

Agreed.

I've only got 2 of the 12 issues, so I've a long way to go yet.

smile.gif

Sounds bout right.....Looks like i need to pick up the pace though....

5 0f 12, maybe only 4, #1 is debatable, wife says yes, I don't think its that bad.............maybe 4 1/2 out of 12

I am guilty of #s 5 and 7. That's not too bad.

Also, my whole house and the interior of my truck smell like Hoppe's No. 9.

5-If you bought a gun from a gunshop, only to realize you used to own it years ago.
6-If your local gunsmith calls you for obsolete parts.
7-If your gun safe is bigger than your refrigerator.
very familiar/

Or maybe more gunz than furniture
or so many you run out of people to leave them to in a will
or you have to move and the primary concern is relocating the boatanchors...
or spend more on ammo and rifles etc than your own pov!

5,6,7,8- problem being is I AM the local gunsmith and I KNOW I have the damned part and just can't remember where the hell it is.
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef_Supreme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....I KNOW I have the damned part and just can't remember where the hell it is.
smirk.gif
</div></div>
Oh, believe me,,,, that statement is wailed out many times a day around here. After my concussions.... I can't remember where I am half the time.
wink.gif

Mine are #5 and #9...mainly due to my age and forgetfulness. But for #5 its when I buy a gun from a store to only realize that I already own the same one. I'm not much on selling them..just acquiring them.

I just realized I am guilty of a couple.... Is it bad when you have to choose which weapons to leave out of your (quite large) gun safe?

Sean- I hear you friend. I'm still looking for a friggin Glock rear sight adjustment tool I KNOW I have...somewhere. Christ it's hard when your brain chemistry is not balanced lol. The concusions tend to rack up.