• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Took my daughter out shooting...

TRyanOC

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2020
I took my 17 y.o. daughter out shooting. First time behind a rifle of any kind for her. I spent about 10 minutes going over some fundamentals and let her shoot a 14" steel target at 400yds. I know it's a big target, but I wanted her to get some good hits. She went 8/8, I was impressed and she was a happy camper!

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_171227_453.jpg
    IMG_20200719_171227_453.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 392
Excellent!

Of my 4 kids, my 17 year old daughter enjoys shooting the most. Must be something about the red hair.

You should check the ranges in your area and see if any of the run Jr Rifle club programs. My daughter joined one here and she really enjoyed it.

Attachments

• Prone.jpg
    Prone.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 139
Excellent!

Of my 4 kids, my 17 year old daughter enjoys shooting the most. Must be something about the red hair.

You should check the ranges in your area and see if any of the run Jr Rifle club programs. My daughter joined one here and she really enjoyed it.
That's awesome you got your daughter into shooting and the rifle club. I'll have to look into rifle clubs in my area. I think she would enjoy it.

So good! I remember my dad taking me out for shooting, when I was 16 y.o., that became or tradition for some time.

Reactions: TRyanOC
Never could get my daughter to get into shooting. She holds the house record for clays, though, having hit one and shot once when I pulled the trigger while the gun was on her shoulder. Thankfully, she’s very pro 2A, and most importantly, situationally aware. My sons are a different story, but not the shot my daughter could be.

96F09505-A9F5-47E3-B0E0-93BD9F74D3EA.pngCE62223B-E72B-43F7-8E51-97BE287ACD7B.jpegI have 2 daughters (17 & 10) .. They are both hammers and really enjoy shooting. Oldest has shot 3 PRS matches with me. Youngest is practicing for prs.. Great fun and very rewarding when I hear the plates ringing in front of them!!
Brien

Attachments

• DC1C760A-C05A-4137-A2A1-607BB643E514.png
    DC1C760A-C05A-4137-A2A1-607BB643E514.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Excellent setup and she looks like she is having fun with it, Can't help but notice that binos, looks like a Nikon.

My youngest son(34) and I have been to the range several times, mostly pistols. He has shot my R700 Varmint .308. Last year at Christmas his fiancée’s father got him a Remington sporter. He was excited to show me. I looked at it. 300WM. I said “You know what you got here?”. He says “Nope”. I showed him a picture of a 300WM next to a 308. He looked at me and said “Oh crap”. He’s never shot it😂
Great to see the kids and parents shooting together 👍

I took my 17 y.o. daughter out shooting. First time behind a rifle of any kind for her. I spent about 10 minutes going over some fundamentals and let her shoot a 14" steel target at 400yds. I know it's a big target, but I wanted her to get some good hits. She went 8/8, I was impressed and she was a happy camper!
That’s awesome! Getting out and spending time with family all while getting some shooting in. Can’t beat that!👍

Thanks guys! I'm taking her and her boyfriend, who's never shot a gun before, out shooting again today. They're both excited. I think I'll have my daughter show him how it's done, haha

This is one of the best threads one here!! Hoping to get my daughters into it more, thanks for the encouragement :)

good on everyone that gets their kids out shooting! one reason we're having this antigun epidemic is that people, kids, families, etc are not getting out and shooting. more shooters = more 2A voters.