• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Took the the fiancé out today and she is getting good/////// ammo testing

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
We went out today to do some ammo testing, she loves to shoot and I have traded around and have a few new types of 22lr to try out. She was behind my Marlin Model 60 topped with a 3-9 Bushnell & Boyds thumbhole stock and sandbags. I was shooting my Annie 1416 with Leupold VX1 3-9 bipod and hand behind stock. We were using a target I found in a post by jbell http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ection/247757-so-you-think-you-can-shoot.html

We decided to shoot a 5 round group at each dot to make groups. We were only shooting at 25 yards and conditions were really good. I know 25 yards isn't far but it was more than enough to find out what ammo these rifles like and I want to build her confidence and nothing does that like good shooting. I was really impressed on how well she did and how well the Marlin kept up with the Annie. I know my groups could have been tighter if I had the bags but the main goal was to help her build confidence and get her out to the range with me. Looks like both rifles really favor the Lapua Polar Biathlon.

Her Shooting
15322444709_94813bffa4_o.jpg

My Shooting
15322627040_4b2ff35070_o.jpg

I have a Savage Mark II (22" bull barrel) and it favors the Norma TAC .22 LR ammo. Last outing with my wife she was shooting sub 3/4" 5 shot groups at 50 yards with it. CCI standard velocity and Federal bulk pack groups were at least twice the size.

Hard to find much variety in .22 ammo these days so that's all I've tried in it.

I want my wife to get comfortable with the .22 so I can get her a centerfire rifle. I like it too, the tiny little bolt action is a hoot to shoot.

The shooting sports are for one and all who have the desire to take up the challenge. Nice job! My wife doesn't shoot with me, never has. Less ammo I have to buy,,, lol... However DDAZ, you're going to be buying ammo for sure now with that fine shoot the little lady did!

Yea the ammo cost just doubled for me. She had a blast. Luckily Brunos is just the road so we can get our hands on good stuff. I dont know if she will ever go back to my remington gold after this. I'm just happy I have someone who I know has my back when the zombie squirrels come out.