• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Top Shot 4

Re: Top Shot 4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have voted for the crybaby on principal... that's just me.

I'm also not very impressed with his skills.

He did better than the two that went to the eliminator for sure but he suffers mightily from diarrhea of the mouth. </div></div>

No doubt--even if he has skills, if he can't pull himself together enough to support his team--he is out.

I fell asleep in the commercial break before the elimination... did the pretty girl get eliminated?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fell asleep in the commercial break before the elimination... did the pretty girl get eliminated? </div></div>
She did--it wasn't even close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAWMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After significant contribution behind the scenes on 4 seasons and 8 episodes now, I'd just like to recover the footage of all the best contributions and shooting demos I've made that were never shown on the final cut of the show. </div></div>

I checked out your home page.
Impressive!
My guess is that you do everything possible to keep the shooting as high quality as possible.
It ain't your fault the producers have turned it into "General Hospital" with guns. </div></div>

Thanks, Okie.
I've got some other shows and movies in the works I think the guys here will get a kick out of, including host of my own show, and bigger movie roles.
~SAW

I think the show is too contrived. The title and the show's emphasis often appear at odds.

That said, if the show dropped all the 'reality show' hokeybits, it would have never reached the 4th season.

Some folks need this sort of entertainment. I'm not one of them.

'Reality' programming seems here to stay. More's the pity.

Greg

That LittleJohn guy is a fucking retard I hope somebody shoots that crybaby

There is no crying in Top Shot. Really? Thats weak.

How does one actually portray a contest without strife? We sure would like to know, here. They do it in the olympics all the time. When was the last time you saw a hurdler having to do differential equations in his/her head, while they were running?

The aspect of just having a contest for the sake of a contest seems impossible in NA television. Which is so frustrating, because there are some concepts that are/can be actually interesting and educational to see.

But the fallacy of adding all that 'strife' and 'conflict' is just dumbing down the potential. Frustrates the hell out of us here, believe me.

Winners win, losers lose, and everybody lives through another day. Except those on the pointy end of the stick. Just save the soap-opera's for the mid-day housewives and get back to "closer-to-reality" tv than this crap that's been foisted upon us for the past 10ish years.

Top Shot we enjoy, simply for the bringing of firearms to the mainstream. Fast-Forwarding between the actual shooting segments is about the only way to endure the ABSOLUTE CRAP in between, though. Must be run in the background by a bunch of women.

Such is the reward of having our 'free media' dictate to us what they want us to see. The 'free' part is we all get to 'freely choose' which propaganda we want to be flooded with, right?

My only complaint is that Michelle was one of the better reasons to watch the show, now not so much.

I'd like to see some true top shots like 1/4MOA targets out to 1000 or 100yd pistol shots or clays going 140mph.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to see some true top shots like 1/4MOA targets out to 1000 or 100yd pistol shots or clays going 140mph.
</div></div>
Only problem with something like that is even a "top shot" needs their own equipment and good conditions to do 1/4 moa rifle stuff. Not much fun to watch.