• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Top Shot

Re: Top Shot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Show me where I said they "suck". I said I was not impressed with the challenge nor the display of shooting in this episode. Do I think they are horrible shots? No.
Do I think there are people on this forum, not including me, that could perform better then what was on THAT EPISODE? Yes.

You need to stop trying to make my statements into something they are not. Don't take things so literally. A lesson in reading comprehension would show that I never said "those guys suck at shooting". I just said for pro shooters the challenge did not seem very challenging..... I also never claimed all of them were professional rifle shooters, although it has been said the MAJORITY of them are handgun experts with a few former snipers in the mix. You REALLY need to work on your comprehension skills of what people write. I wasnt shocked by the first episode, the rest might be excellent. So far, Im not overly impressed with it. My opinion

Im sorry if I hurt your feelings.
frown.gif
</div></div>

You must have a glass belly button--how else do you deal with your serious case of rectal-cranial inversion. </div></div>

When you take a shit do you wipe your mouth and brush your teeth?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Show me where I said they "suck". I said I was not impressed with the challenge nor the display of shooting in this episode. Do I think they are horrible shots? No.
Do I think there are people on this forum, not including me, that could perform better then what was on THAT EPISODE? Yes.

You need to stop trying to make my statements into something they are not. Don't take things so literally. A lesson in reading comprehension would show that I never said "those guys suck at shooting". I just said for pro shooters the challenge did not seem very challenging..... I also never claimed all of them were professional rifle shooters, although it has been said the MAJORITY of them are handgun experts with a few former snipers in the mix. You REALLY need to work on your comprehension skills of what people write. I wasnt shocked by the first episode, the rest might be excellent. So far, Im not overly impressed with it. My opinion

frown.gif
</div></div>

You must have a glass belly button--how else do you deal with your serious case of rectal-cranial inversion. </div></div>

When you take a shit do you wipe your mouth and brush your teeth? </div></div>

Probably not, quit confusing the your personal potty routine with what others do by simply wiping their ass.

Awesome reply though, for your next witty comeback think real hard and maybe you can come up with a real zinger like "you're fat", that will put us in our place.
tired.gif

Berreta's suck, why didnt they use some custom 1911's, or Sig/HK/Glock.

And also guys, let's all keep this civil, I dont like discussing brushing teeth with a turd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Berreta's suck, why didnt they use some custom 1911's, or Sig/HK/Glock.
. </div></div>

I am not a fan of Berreta's BUT I couldn't have cared less if it had been a Makarov. This was to test there ability not the equipment, as long as everyone was on the same level.

I like it. Most of you fail to see the best part of the show, regardless of the shooting skill, it shows guns can be used in a sporting manner, that can be enjoyed. Not just instruments of death wielded by disgruntled crazy people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it. Most of you fail to see the best part of the show, regardless of the shooting skill, it shows guns can be used in a sporting manner, that can be enjoyed. Not just instruments of death wielded by disgruntled crazy people.</div></div>

Worth repeating, and carving into granite! Look at things just a little bit deeper, people.

Exactly.
And even though I have never seen a single minute of "Glee", I'm thinking it has to be better.

I'm not sure about that Asian looking guy. It jumps and hugs a little bit suspiciously when they end up winning
smile.gif

HotIce,
All of these reality shows have at least one of those on them. All inclusive and such.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure about that Asian looking guy. It jumps and hugs a little bit suspiciously when they end up winning
smile.gif

</div></div>

quoted for truth.

reminds me a bit of the lil-chinese guy in 'Hangover' coming out of the trunk....

I really like the idea of the show, but I kinda went in expecting to be blown away at the precision of "the best shooters in the world". 30 rounds from an 03 at 100 yards and no hits, really? Was the bore complete garbage?

Anyway, I haven't written the show off... I plan to keep watching. These shows tend to find their rhythm a little slowly sometimes.

It's excellent that shooting sports other than hunting are getting some coverage.

its just my opinion but "that asian guy" is one of the top 5 asian guy from the hangover lookalikes on the planet

I thought in the first show. The guy who shot 30 times at his 100 yard target was a little embarrassing to watch. He couldn't hit a fat bull in the ass. I could have shot my bow that many times and hit the target or a pistol. I was not going to watch the show but I gave it a second chance.
I think the kid has the most promise show far. It is for entertainment.

I thought it would show more of the technical side of shooting, especially at long range. I was hoping to see range estimation and more realistic shooting scenarios. They made the show to appeal more to non shooters.

Mike Seeklander is the real deal. He is an instructor at the local range here in Tulsa and is very well respected. After seeing his results it just makes you realize that any professional shooter that goes on the show is taking a big risk for thier reputation. Thats probably why most of them are not professional shooters (other than the chinese guy who has proven his abilities)

I cant take much more of the winer guy that won on the zip line and can only shoot his glock. He is almost enough to make me quit watching.

"Mike Seeklander is the real deal"... w/what, a race gun?

Look, I have nothing against the guy, but he simply cant shoot a rifle, and that's the point of the show, to show the best all around shooter.

Kelly's great, but what if he cant throw a tomahawk; isn't this show supposed to find the best with ANY non edged weapon?

I didn't like it at 1st, but I'm starting to enjoy it... I must admit that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

frown.gif
</div></div>

When you take a shit do you wipe your mouth and brush your teeth? </div></div>

Probably not, quit confusing the your personal potty routine with what others do by simply wiping their ass.

Awesome reply though, for your next witty comeback think real hard and maybe you can come up with a real zinger like "you're fat", that will put us in our place.
tired.gif
</div></div>

My counting might be off but I'm pretty sure more then one person agrees with me. You may go back to your corner now and continue sitting on your hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My counting might be off but I'm pretty sure more then one person agrees with me. You may go back to your corner now and continue sitting on your hands. </div></div>
Why don't we stop being an ass and stay on topic? Or are you trying to pick a fight? What you are replying to is well over a week old....

Kelly's comment about the other guy's ex-wife's fiance was hilarious.

Respect? I don't think it carries far enough down the line to cover the ex's new boyfriend, but I guess that guy Bill thought so.

In case you missed it.
It was something like this....

Bill - My ex's fiance shot himself in the chest.
Kelly - Was she that bad?!

grin.gif

I like the show, it's for entertainment and if it gets 10 new people interested in the shooting sports it's all good. Right now, the more the better.

And if someone incorporates that zip line in a 3-gun soon, I could go for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My counting might be off but I'm pretty sure more then one person agrees with me. You may go back to your corner now and continue sitting on your hands. </div></div>
Why don't we stop being an ass and stay on topic? Or are you trying to pick a fight? What you are replying to is well over a week old.... </div></div>

Sounds like your the one trying to pick the fight, you don't have to open your suck hole, ya know? Why don't you just keep out of it, ok? The guy wanted to talk a little shit, he tried, and failed. End of story.

Well, I guess you told us eh? Just proves the adage never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. I give.... Uncle!

Kelly's comment was a bit off, especially when told to someone you do not know very well. People takes things in different ways.
But Bill's reaction was way too harsh, especially if followed by an apology, that to me, looked sincere.

Kelly put himself in the same situation I do on a daily basis. I thought it was pretty funny and would have said the same thing.

....Maybe I knocked his mom up when I was in High School and never knew it or something

finally had a moment of poor judgement last night and watched an episode of this whiney girlscout camp-like circle jerk. what a drama fest. worse than survivor. where did they find these panty waists?

LOL marduk! Bill needs to hang out with the girls if he cant handle a comment like that. He wouldnt last 10 minutes in the construction world.

I hate it, I keep watching because I think it might get better. There are very few shows that cover gun topics other than the repeats on the military channel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kelly's comment about the other guy's ex-wife's fiance was hilarious.

Respect? I don't think it carries far enough down the line to cover the ex's new boyfriend, but I guess that guy Bill thought so.

In case you missed it.
It was something like this....

Bill - My ex's fiance shot himself in the chest.
Kelly - Was she that bad?!

grin.gif
</div></div>

Glad I'm not the only one. When I heard that the first time I busted up laughing. Every time Bill complained like a bitch, I laughed again. She's your EX-wife FFS. Get over it.

I don't think his dislike of Kelly had anything to do with that comment. If I recall correctly, he voted for Kelly in the first episode claiming he would be of no further value to the group. I think he just wasn't man enough to accept that the "little piss-ant" is a better shooter than he is, and was using Kelly's comment to garner team support for his agenda. So long, you wont be missed.

Glad Bill's gone. Totally agree with jr. Seemed like he was just looking for a reason to hate Kelley. I find myself making dumbass comments like Kelly's pretty regularly too. You'd think that as a radio talk show host, Bill would have a little thicker skin?

I liked the third episode the best. The show leaves alot to be
desired but it is better then most of the other crap out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I don't think his dislike of Kelly had anything to do with that comment. If I recall correctly, he voted for Kelly in the first episode claiming he would be of no further value to the group. I think he just wasn't man enough to accept that the "little piss-ant" is a better shooter than he is, and was using Kelly's comment to garner team support for his agenda. So long, you wont be missed. </div></div>

Exactly, I couldn't agree more!

A117_RAZORBACK
The MGM Ironman 3gun match has a zipline every year. You are strapped in a fall harness and ride the line shooting targets with your pistol. It is just one of the great stages they offer. Look up there youtube vids, the match is worth the $

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I guess you told us eh? Just proves the adage never argue with an idiot - they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. I give.... Uncle! </div></div>

back to name calling? Maturity eludes you yet again. Keep trying JR.
This show was not all its cracked up to be. Get over it! Read what the others are saying. I am not the only one saying they are not impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this Sundays contest looks like IPSC shooting....
should be interesting........ </div></div>

Yes I am sure that the IPSC shooter should shine unless they are picked NOT to shoot in this go round.

I'm not impressed with the show either, but this coming episode looks like it might be a little better. I think if the winner was to based only on shooting ability with the different tools, it'll be a uspsa shooter, Blake or JJ, these guys are naturals, and with a pistol simple amazing!!!

This show is at least introducing people to shooting in a positive way. Before I even knew the show existed (we DVR anything and don't see commercials) non-shooting people I knew were asking me questions about it and rifle shooting and were generally interested in the sport aspect of it. As long as the people don't do anything stupid with any of the weapons it's only going to help public opinion of what some of us do.

Wow, quite the level of response. I haven't been on that often this past month, being in Wisc. for MOS reclass school, am now a 13F, forward observer. I've been able to watch most of the episodes, I've missed the pistol one and the newest one, with the ARs.

From what I've seen, yes its a reality tv show, and since the very first airing of Real World came out I thought it was a retarded format. However like others have said, this show does put our sport in a good light, coupled with todays ruling of McDonald makes the future brighter for us.

I will chalk up the poor performances to the stresses of being on the show and using equipment not setup for the shooters and thus I can forgive it to a degree.

I really can't stand the whiny drama nonsense, but I figure most of that is created by the producer and creative editing. I will say that Kelly's comment was pretty harmless and funny and that other dude was a real pansy for getting so worked up over it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This show is at least introducing people to shooting in a positive way. </div></div>

This is exactly what I was going to say. It will make some people realize that shooting sports are accessible and interesting. I still think it's utterly retarded that the history channel is hosting the show, but I like it.

Shawn

Hokey is some might think, it is one of the VERY few things you see on the mass media that ISN'T anti-gun.

I thought it was OK but not on my "must see list".

Just my .02

Keith

How about nobody goes home, but you earn points for the different stages. Seems like that would add to the stress towards the end. Because some guy or gal is sent home because of their social status is bogus. It's not Top Twat, but Top Shot.

Without the social aspects, the program would be infinitely boring to most of the viewing public. To be honest, it would be boring to me as well.

Yes, the social game matters, just as it does in real life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Not in a shooting competition... the best shot is the best shot, period.

They have to have ALL shooters shoot ALL stages/weapons, and then the highest score wins... <span style="font-weight: bold">period</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Not in a shooting competition...
</div></div>

No one said it was a shooting competition.