• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Torch annealing...map gas or propane?

At one point I used MAPP, thinking because it burned hotter that it would work better. I could not tell the difference when it came to annealing over Propane. Then add into the fact that propane is 1/3 the cost for the same size tank. So, get propane.

Get a cordless drill and socket large enough to securely hold the brass you're annealing. 750 tempilaq inside the neck and if you want, 400 on the body about half way down. Find your time frame with the tempilaq, then count that in your head. Try to keep the point of the flame near the neck/shoulder junction and spin at a slow pace.

I got tired of doing it this way and have been using an Annealeez for a while. When you start annealing 2-300 pieces at a time it gets old... fast!

Reactions: lash
Also looked into Mapp with the Annealeez and ditched it over cheap Coleman propane bottles.

The availability of propane along with no significant advantages for mapp, plus it being more expensive is a no brainer for me.