• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tork on stock bolts

texan79423

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2020
I just got a new savage 10 T-SR ackustock cleaned her up and adjusted the trigger to 2.5 #s now any idea what to torque the stock down to? I am thinking 35 Inch #s
Any input appreciated

i happened to see these posts regarding the same topic 2 other websites, hope it's ok to post the links.....it sounds like they're advocating 40 in-lbs:

Saw this on the Savage website:
What is the torque spec for my action screws?

Savage Moderator
  • 7 years ago
Follow
Accustock models - 40 inch pounds (including wedge screw)
Centerfire w/ synthetic stock - 30-35 inch pounds
Centerfire w/ wood stock - 30-35 inch pounds
Centerfire w/ laminate stock - 30-35 inch pounds
Rimfire w/ any stock - 15 inch pounds

Last edited:
Reactions: Army First
Tighten until your hear the crack, then back off a quarter turn. :)

Thanks men. The accustock has a metal frame may be hard to crack but I'll give it a try.

Tighten until your hear the crack, then back off a quarter turn. :)
I thought it was tighten until you feel it start to strip then back off a quarter turn? Or do you go with the tried and true "I don't need thread locker if I cross thread it"?

65 in.lb. Is fairly normal for R700 style actions, at least for the front screw. My .338 LM 110 is torqued to 65 for the front action screw in its HP Precision stock.

The important part is, does your rifle shoot well?

That’s what I’m running both my bighorn actions at and they seem to like it. The savage did good, but there might of been room for improvement but i wasn’t changing the razors edge.