• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Torque Tool excitement

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Recently ordered some Seekonk BT2L T-handle torque limiters from ProTorqueTools.com and just wanted to say… man are they quick. Ordered Thursday evening after closing hours for sure. Got them all today mid afternoon with NIST certs. Excited to put these to use. Also have the TSQ 1-75 inch pounds coming from Brownell’s to hit any odd ball numbers needed. I get pretty excited about tools and new gear so I had to share.

Attachments

• 454DFB0F-4BFD-4952-BA63-DC32CAE5A940.jpeg
    454DFB0F-4BFD-4952-BA63-DC32CAE5A940.jpeg
    663 KB · Views: 110
There is something pride inducing in buying quality tools and knowing when you have to do something you have the right tool to do it. Every thing comes out better using tools you are proud of and their being the right ones for the job.

Seekonk is a MA company. Made in USA.

I have ordered direct from them.

PS....seen this?

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/well-i-cracked-a-spuhr-mount….7082046/#post-9563458

You just made this less likely to happen to you.

Reactions: USMC22
There is something pride inducing in buying quality tools and knowing when you have to do something you have the right tool to do it. Every thing comes out better using tools you are proud of and their being the right ones for the job.

Seekonk is a MA company. Made in USA.

I have ordered direct from them.

PS....seen this?

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/well-i-cracked-a-spuhr-mount….7082046/#post-9563458

You just made this less likely to happen to you.
That made in the USA and a neighboring state was a HUGE influence. I love it when you can get a solid product made in the USA.

I have a bunch of Starrett USA stuff and grin every time I open their red box. Made in MA by the way.
In today's Monday morning mail a new V-block.
IMG_9611.jpg

I have a bunch of Starrett USA stuff and grin every time I open their red box. Made in MA by the way.
In today's Monday morning mail a new V-block.View attachment 7647264
Ya kinda gotta be careful with Starrett these days. I was going to buy one of their electronic dial calipers and found out the country of origin was chicommie. I went with Mitutoyo (Japan). It may say starrett on the outside and be mao on the inside. The above v block is USA.

Sorry to see they have gone to china for some items and they really need to make that clear.

Ya kinda gotta be careful with Starrett these days. I was going to buy one of their electronic dial calipers and found out the country of origin was chicommie. I went with Mitutoyo (Japan). It may say starrett on the outside and be mao on the inside. The above v block is USA.

Sorry to see they have gone to china for some items and they really need to make that clear.

I dont think any Starrett digital is made in the USA.

Analog stuff only.

Athol, Ma is a town that has seen better days.

Starrett is about all that gives the locals something to do.

Tried to go in and tour the place but they dont have that opportunity.

When I was there, parked in the motorcycle only area, was a sweet JD Harley Davidson looking like it still had original paint. They display there WWII "E for Excellence" award in the lobby.

Well, I was minding my own business then I got lured into this Starrett origin of mfg. for digital stuff. It seems like the digital micrometers are USA made, maybe not in Athol.

The certification card in the micrometer case does not indicate country of origin......just made to international standards, yadah yadah.f

The chit-chat on the info-net seems to suggest their more recent mechanical micrometers may be mfg. in China?

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.02.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.05.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.05.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.06.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.13.07 PM.png
IMG_9614.jpg
The history is interesting, old man Starrett patented the modern micrometer. MSC warehouse lists all the digital micrometers as USA mfg. origin. I have digital Mitutoyo calipers too, I think I purchased them based on reviews.

Last edited:
@strikeeagle1 I’ll dig mine out tomorrow and check. I still have the box… because you know… we all keep boxes. I can only imagine the shit my kids are going to have to go through when I kick the bucket.

Reactions: rady
Well, I was minding my own business then I got lured into this Starrett origin of mfg. for digital stuff. It seems like the digital micrometers are USA made, maybe not in Athol.

The certification card in the micrometer case does not indicate country of origin......just made to international standards, yadah yadah.f

The chit-chat on the info-net seems to suggest their more recent mechanical micrometers may be mfg. in China?

View attachment 7648035View attachment 7648036View attachment 7648037View attachment 7648038View attachment 7648039View attachment 7648040The history is interesting, old man Starrett patented the modern micrometer. MSC warehouse lists all the digital micrometers as USA mfg. origin. I have digital Mitutoyo calipers too, I think I purchased them based on reviews.

Im guessing those are their high end line.

I bet the electronics are made in Switzerland, while the thimble and steel parts are made in Athol

Depending on what are termed the "major items" verse peripheral" a product with can still get a "Made in USA" label.

Always wondered about Neilsen Kellerman though.....Kestrels are all electronics and they get the made in USA label.

If anything CV19 should be showing us....now that we cant even make cars while we wait on chips.....all this shit should be made in the USA.

Reactions: USMC22
I need to look at one of these. Have to do 140 in-lbs and the fix it sticks just doesn’t work.

I need to look at one of these. Have to do 140 in-lbs and the fix it sticks just doesn’t work.
May have to bump up to the 3/8 limiters. Even then I’m not sure they do 140 inch pounds.

you do have me curious though, what are you torquing in inch pounds that high?

May have to bump up to the 3/8 limiters. Even then I’m not sure they do 140 inch pounds.

you do have me curious though, what are you torquing in inch pounds that high?
MRAD barrel screws require 140 in lbs.

Last edited:
The info. that I got came from McMaster Carr. You had to dig deep to find country of origin.

Is that for LMT barrel bolts?

I bought a Seekonk set at 140 in/lb for my LMT.....

Its kind of a weighty beast though, a bench tool.

For field carry I use LMTs wrench......

Nope it's for the barret mrad barrel bolts. I'll have a look at the seekonk and LMT. The small fix it sticks is not ideal for this torque value.

This may be what you are looking for. This one is preset at whatever you request up to 170 in pounds

Reactions: elmuzzlebreak