• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Total Wreck! Clark Custom....

Re: Total Wreck! Clark Custom....

My $0.02;

This post was far from bashing. What's hurting Clark's reputation at this point, is all of the little Clark defenders jumping up and pointing fingers at a Clark customer who paid good money for an inferior product. This topic would have had a far different tone.

This little Louisiana good ol' boys club believes in keeping everything a little secret for their own protection. Sorry to bring bad news, but that's not the way it works. In fact, I'm quite glad it wasn't kept secret. It brings to light their mistakes and if I ever choose Clark in the future, you can bet I will be mentioning SMACK's experience and will be almost guaranteed to have a working product when it arrives.

Companies make mistakes; and with mistakes come consequences. The right thing to do is fix the problem, not point fingers at the customer who paid good money to get screwed. You LA guys think it's not fair that he posted his experience (claiming prematurely), but somehow think it's fair for SMACK to waste his time and money? Funny how that works. Sounds a bit hypocritical and a wee bit liberal to me.

I live and breath information security and we have a very common principle in our line of business called 'full disclosure'. Every email, phone call, conversation, etc you can pretty much expect will be public domain, so you act and conduct business accordingly. Sure, we get black eyes every now and then, but it's the cost of doing business and only serves to increase the quality of our products and services going forward. You don't screw up a product and expect everyone to just 'accept' that things might not work as advertised the first time. Full disclosure hurts, but it's the incentive in a capitalist world to do things right the first time or _make_ it right++ the second time.

There is absolutely no requirement on the part of SMACK to have given anyone an opportunity to fix anything before he voices his opinion. In fact, he paid $1400 for his opinion and is clearly capable of sharing it wherever and however he likes. He does in fact have a right to voice his opinion and I personally think its humorous that a bunch of gun-toting / constitution defending LA gunsmiths think he needs a muzzle over his free-speech rights so they can fix a problem that they themselves engineered. A little self serving, don't ya think?

"hey! give us your money and sign this agreement that you can't say anything negative about our company, even if the delivered product is completely useless." -- then of course defend this pathetic ideology by telling us all it's the right thing to do, and do unto others as you would have others...

Business is business, get it right or get out.

~badmojo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badmojo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My $0.02;

This post was far from bashing. What's hurting Clark's reputation at this point, is all of the little Clark defenders jumping up and pointing fingers at a Clark customer who paid good money for an inferior product. This topic would have had a far different tone.

This little Louisiana good ol' boys club believes in keeping everything a little secret for their own protection. Sorry to bring bad news, but that's not the way it works. In fact, I'm quite glad it wasn't kept secret. It brings to light their mistakes and if I ever choose Clark in the future, you can bet I will be mentioning SMACK's experience and will be almost guaranteed to have a working product when it arrives.

Companies make mistakes; and with mistakes come consequences. The right thing to do is fix the problem, not point fingers at the customer who paid good money to get screwed. You LA guys think it's not fair that he posted his experience (claiming prematurely), but somehow think it's fair for SMACK to waste his time and money? Funny how that works. Sounds a bit hypocritical and a wee bit liberal to me.

I live and breath information security and we have a very common principle in our line of business called 'full disclosure'. Every email, phone call, conversation, etc you can pretty much expect will be public domain, so you act and conduct business accordingly. Sure, we get black eyes every now and then, but it's the cost of doing business and only serves to increase the quality of our products and services going forward. You don't screw up a product and expect everyone to just 'accept' that things might not work as advertised the first time. Full disclosure hurts, but it's the incentive in a capitalist world to do things right the first time or _make_ it right++ the second time.

There is absolutely no requirement on the part of SMACK to have given anyone an opportunity to fix anything before he voices his opinion. In fact, he paid $1400 for his opinion and is clearly capable of sharing it wherever and however he likes. He does in fact have a right to voice his opinion and I personally think its humorous that a bunch of gun-toting / constitution defending LA gunsmiths think he needs a muzzle over his free-speech rights so they can fix a problem that they themselves engineered. A little self serving, don't ya think?

"hey! give us your money and sign this agreement that you can't say anything negative about our company, even if the delivered product is completely useless." -- then of course defend this pathetic ideology by telling us all it's the right thing to do, and do unto others as you would have others...

Business is business, get it right or get out.

~badmojo
</div></div>

Your $.02 is WAY overpriced.

This is not any kind of LA conspiracy. It just so happens that a great number of this country's most reputable smiths reside in the same state. In addition to being great smiths, the three mentioned or participating herein are not only top notch smiths with impeccable reputations, but also, without question the most generous and consistent supporters of shooting sports in time, money, innovation and participation as competitors.

These men are GENTLEMEN, plain and simple. And as a GENTLEMAN, you treat others as you would be treated. OP showed bad form in acting the cyber-DRAMA QUEEN before he gave the smith a chance to make right.

<span style="font-style: italic">These men are GENTLEMEN, plain and simple. And as a GENTLEMAN, you treat others as you would be treated. OP showed bad form in acting the cyber-DRAMA QUEEN before he have the smith a chance to make right.</span>

Well put my friend.

Just to clarify a few things;

Just the other day I was talking to a smith that frequents this board. His client told him that if the build wasn’t 100% correct he was posting it on SH, immediately. The build was only 50% complete at that point. This seems to be the norm now days. Have you ever been stopped by an LEO and given a warning instead of a ticket. If our society operated on a zero tolerance stance for everything, it’d suck for all. Things don’t have to be this way. If you’ve been given a chance to make it right and you drop the ball, fair game.

It’s the “Quick on the Trigger” that bothers me, nothing more.

10 years as an LEO instilled a strong belief of self accountability in me, no matter who you are, friends, family or just acquaintances, everyone should be held accountable for their actions, PERIOD. Just because I live in Louisiana with you doesn’t mean you get a pass.

The LA Mafia.........it's a myth, no such thing but it does sound good.

Bar fights, I don’t know because I don’t go to them.

OP, believe it I do understand your frustration. My money is on your 1911 being 100% perfect when you get it back.

Cbass, sorry you feel that way but I’m OK with it

In a perfect world things would be right the first time not the second or fifth. Every pistol smith, rifle smith (even on this site) car builder, motor cycle builder or burger flipper at McD‘s has made mistakes or missed something. Is it right, no but, it happens. That’s life, nothings ever fair.

I'm not saying it would be smart on his part, but I expect my gun to have been given a complete shakedown prior to my 'smith handing it to me. It SHOULD be ready.

Example:I had to deal with that kind of crap in the army. I go out zero and qualify, and run some CQB lanes. Take it back to the arms room for turn in, armorer goes through the sear assembly because I had an issue with the selector lever feeling loose on fool auto. He doesn't run a function check before racking it. I sign it out to out and run squad lanes three days later. Weapons sign out is just prior to the ride to the range. I pull it out and run a functions check. Pull trigger and no click! What if I had been called out, as we were the QRF battalion (just before 9/11) and I had to go into god know's where with a weapon that was not zeroed for me. Battle field zero ain't real great on the M4 and I sure as hell wouldn't have had time to borelight and sight my peq2 or my comp-M.

No his issue is not that serious, but it doesn't matter. If you work on some one elses weapon for a living it is your responsibility to get it right the first time.

wnroscoe;

This is the perfect example of how you directly effected the tone of this topic. This tolerance that you speak of should have in your mind been extended to SMACK, correct?

If you'd have posted this last post of yours in the place of your original, the tone of this topic would have been as it should have been. Not an attack on the customer. As I implied earlier it only served to get everyone muddy, including you.

edit:

Regarding the GENTLEMEN comment. That's a sad excuse for non-professionals. A professional is a business man who works for his customer. At $1400, SMACK didn't expect to get a GENTLEMEN full of excuses, he expected to get the workmanship and respect of a businessman. No more, no less.

~badmojo

Hell, I bought a new Ed Brown Kobra Carry and the rear sight was loose out of the box. I tightened it up and went back to shooting.
I can see where the OP was upset, who wouldn't be. Why was it allowed to leave the shop? Why was my Brown allowed to leave the shop with basically the same problem? Who knows.....Shit happens even if it's expensive shit.

I'll find out tomorrow if my new GAP rifle has any problems....If it does, I'll call George.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badmojo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wnroscoe;

This is the perfect example of how you directly effected the tone of this topic. This tolerance that you speak of should have in your mind been extended to SMACK, correct?

If you'd have posted this last post of yours in the place of your original, the tone of this topic would have been as it should have been. Not an attack on the customer. As I implied earlier it only served to get everyone muddy, including you.</div></div>

I went back a read my original post. Other than saying it was in poor taste to post first and call second I really dont see it as a negative post. Was it wrong to advise Clarks of this therad, not at all.

A for this thread, I'm done. I wish all those involved the best of luck with a positive resolution.

FWIW, it is my opinion that there's no way this thread could end well, and if I were the OP, not only would I not give those hacks my gun again to screw it up, I would demand a full refund.

Fitting a front sight is about a "2" out of 10 in the gunsmithing world. If they couldn't even accomplish that, I have serious doubts about anything they touched.

wnroscoe, I agree entirely. He was quick on the trigger, with a shop's rep on the line, the expectation is high, and no the getting it right the first time is probably unrealistic. However you should catch that before you send it out. I personally check to make sure things are correct twice before I do it. I got this from the infantry and had it revalidated in nursing school. When lives are on the line their is no margin for error. If I make an error I could kill someone. You should know being a LEO.
Once again this is not his situation, but IMHO, everyone should treat their job like this, at least as as a matter of pride.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/ordfrmHB.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No deposit required for work to be performed on customer's gun. $ 100.00 Deposit required when ordering a complete gun.
Canceled work orders are subject to a $ 25 cancellation fee and customer is responsible for any work already performed and return shipping charges.

Once your custom work is completed, a final invoice for the balance will be mailed to the address below.

Failure to pay this invoice or make other arrangements within 90 days of invoice date will result in your pistol being sold for charges due.</div></div>

I see that he has night sights installed. They come in different heights to compensate. I suspect that the smith that put it together in the end did two thing. He fired it for function and sighting. The check sights were removed for the coatings. Then, it was coated/finished and ready for the final installations. Smack would be highly insulted if the "ready for shipment" pistol had ANY firing or handling marks. So...the installation of sights was the last procedure. The Smith, opens his drawer of front sights, each of which drawer is clearly labeled as to height of sight, takes out one and installs it. Places it on the bench. Was called out for a question, returns to the bench and checks the sight. Looks good. Passes it on to the final checker and to packer. Somewhere in the final assembly process, the drawer of front sights had a shorter/longer height piece from the supplier than what was meant to be in that drawer/bag. If it is labeled as such, almost NOBODY would take a mike out and verify if a supplied piece was .001 or .002 longer or shorter than specified. So...an incorrectly labeled piece of equipment, combined with an incremental acceptance of adjustment, has caused Smak to label Clark as a supplier of POS. Not that this is the sequence...but a possibility. Think on it. JMHO

Actually there was more to it... The handguns on its way back, followed by this e-mail.

To whom it may concern:

The handgun I spoke to Clay about this morning was shipped today, I need to have the following repaired and or addressed.

The front dove tail sights height

The front sight securely put in place

The grip safety: When the safety is disengaged and the hammer is in the full cock position. When one engages the grip safety there is a "click" sound almost as loud as dry firing it along with hammer movement upwards.

The trigger stuck on me twice during my short range session as if the safety was on, I had to remove my finger from the trigger completely, then reengage the trigger to fire again. "Double taps" were not possible.

The handgun will primarily be used with Winchester white box 230gr ball ammo. I would like to be able to zero the handgun at no more than a inch above my point of aim @ 20ft upon it's return.

Thank you,

I would not call that smith a hack, by any extent.

Asking for a full refund makes little sense because non-refundable work has been performed on the pistol.

Anyone worth their salt will address, and correct, this issue, and that seems to be what has happened here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, it is my opinion that there's no way this thread could end well, and if I were the OP, not only would I not give those hacks my gun again to screw it up, I would demand a full refund.

Fitting a front sight is about a "2" out of 10 in the gunsmithing world. If they couldn't even accomplish that, I have serious doubts about anything they touched. </div></div>

I seriously lose respect for people more and more every day because of threads like this. What ever happened to handling your business like a MAN before jumping on some internet forum and whining about every turd that comes out of your ass sideways?

Sure, someone screwed your shit up, but give them the opportunity to make it right before boring people with an unfortunate incident that you have nothing to gain from except a few people to feel sorry for you.

Shit happens every day my friend..the best people..businesses..whatever..they all make mistakes. Can't wait for you to make one and have someone publicly humiliate you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What ever happened to handling your business like a MAN before jumping on some internet forum and whining...</div></div>

^^ uh, you're whining on an internet forum?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait for you to make one [mistake] and have someone publicly humiliate you.</div></div>

That's not nice, very tolerant or even MAN like.

~badmojo

Does there need to be a reminder that neither Roscoe, nor Terry nor I (aka LaMafioso) made excuses for Clark Guns. Our posts evidence our defense of what offends us; talking Smack about a friend. When you step into the debate ring, qualify by sticking to the issues without assuming facts that have not been introduced into the argument for the convenience of advancing your position.

A friend becomes one through a process. He's a good person first. Not the other way around. So we know Jim and his shop to be good despite missing tightening that little screw on your front sight. Consequently, we got wrapped around the axle about unfairly accusing those we know, through repeat experience, are expertly competent.

Now. Smacky boy. I'm done here. Since you thought I contributed nothing means only that at this time you simply cannot hear or learn which helps us understand why you are still acting out like a child in a sandbox throwing a tantrum. Read my post again and again until it cracks through to you. How old are you anyway, Grasshopper?

P.S.
I see this isn't your first time. In 2009 you twisted off on Jason. Give up now. You're toast:

<span style="color: #FF0000">You are a complete moron Jason, you have way to much time on your hands.

We will take the cute out of it.....

FUCKING LAUGHING..

Think about it this way, if you keep running your suck at the rate you have been. You will have 7000 posts in no time and you still don't know SHIT!</span>

Everyone If you where all in the same Room I think the conversation would be Less heated..Are we not all among Friends here ?

1ST..SHIT HAPPENS its how its handled that matters..(Give Anyone a chance to make right First)

2nd..Anyone here without a fuck up throw the next stone..( realy think about this Fellows)

3rd..Being pist and upset is OK....But dont look like a jackass in public,Unless you ARE and dont give a shit..

Smack,I bet your 1911 will be fixed as You expected in the first place,even if its on the second try ..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does there need to be a reminder that neither Roscoe, nor Terry nor I (aka LaMafioso) made excuses for Clark Guns. Our posts evidence our defense of what offends us; talking Smack about a friend. When you step into the debate ring, qualify by sticking to the issues without assuming facts that have not been introduced into the argument for the convenience of advancing your position.

A friend becomes one through a process. He's a good person first. Not the other way around. So we know Jim and his shop to be good despite missing tightening that little screw on your front sight. Consequently, we got wrapped around the axle about unfairly accusing our those we know, through repeat experience, are expertly competent.

Now. Smacky boy. I'm done here. Since you thought I contributed nothing means only that at this time you simply cannot hear or learn which helps us understand why you are still acting out like a child in a sandbox throwing a tantrum. Read my post again and again until it cracks through to you. How old are you anyway, Grasshopper? </div></div>

FYI;

When taking the high-road, it only really works when you stay up there. Taking an exit half-way down the road to insult and dig up crap completely defeats the purpose.

Also, interesting that you left out the facts posted above. Funny how that works:

Grip safety problem
Trigger problem
Hammer problem

More than just a little missing screw.

~badmojo

not to make light of a serious discussion here but what kind of grips are those?

btw that is a fine looking specimen of a 1911........I'm sure you will enjoy it for a long time as soon as it gets back to you. Nobody/nothing is perfect, although you would think you could spend enough money to get it. Nothing can be guaranteed completely though I bet Clark guarantees they will make it right.

I paid 75K for a piece of equipement and spent 4-5 days working on it fixing little problems after it came from the factory. It wasn't new but I did redo everysingle thing that previous owner sent it in to have fixed. All but one thing anyway. He spent 4k on it before sending it to me.
I have been a mechanic for over 10 years on all sorts of equpment. This was below par by far. But it happens. I called and let them know the list and that I fixed them all. Hopfully they will raise the bar more.
I figure you gotta give them at least one chance. Everyone has a bad day now and then.

Plus, who wants to work on SMACK's stuff now? This does go both ways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does there need to be a reminder that neither Roscoe, nor Terry nor I (aka LaMafioso) made excuses for Clark Guns. Our posts evidence our defense of what offends us; talking Smack about a friend. When you step into the debate ring, qualify by sticking to the issues without assuming facts that have not been introduced into the argument for the convenience of advancing your position.

A friend becomes one through a process. He's a good person first. Not the other way around. So we know Jim and his shop to be good despite missing tightening that little screw on your front sight. Consequently, we got wrapped around the axle about unfairly accusing those we know, through repeat experience, are expertly competent.

Now. Smacky boy. I'm done here. Since you thought I contributed nothing means only that at this time you simply cannot hear or learn which helps us understand why you are still acting out like a child in a sandbox throwing a tantrum. Read my post again and again until it cracks through to you. How old are you anyway, Grasshopper?

P.S.
I see this isn't your first time. In 2009 you twisted off on Jason. Give up now. You're toast:

<span style="color: #FF0000">You are a complete moron Jason, you have way to much time on your hands.

We will take the cute out of it.....

FUCKING LAUGHING..

Think about it this way, if you keep running your suck at the rate you have been. You will have 7000 posts in no time and you still don't know SHIT!</span></div></div>

AGAIN! Casey, absolutely nothing.
eek.gif

I'm surprised the tools over at Red Jacket aren't on this one. Lol. Just stirring the pot. This is almost as good as the Premier MAP thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm surprised the tools over at Red Jacket aren't on this one. Lol. Just stirring the pot. This is almost as good as the Premier MAP thread.</div></div>

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...on a sidebar, the new season starts on the 13th!!! and they are getting into hand guns. Send them your 1911 and see if they can make it fire plasma at .001/.000001 MOA?

http://redjacketfirearms.com/</div></div>

Maybe water cooled!

So pissed you can't see straight because a front sight shot loose? Really?

Had to use all you will power not to throw a gun? Really?

The gun is a "wreck" when 10 minutes work will put it right? Really?

Perhaps some introspection is in order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So pissed you can't see straight because a front sight shot loose? Really?

Perhaps some introspection is in order.</div></div>

Might want to read the whole thread Skunk, <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">your</span></span> less than completely informed.

The real question is what Tia Tanaka is doing RIGHT NOW.

Hell, as I rehab by strokeand get money, I'm ready to send Roscoe my a new rifle.
I have a bunch of satisfactory Clark guns; I will buy more.

Train wreck of a thread for sure, fascinating. Op had the right to be pissed for sure but posting it was premature. Clark Custom has a damn good reputation, that's what drew me to this thread. Sounds like it will be taken care of. No good came out of bitching in public other than self gratification. Clark's reputation wasn't diminished by this bitch session so I would think the discussion could wrap up. I too have had promises made and not fulfilled and poor products delivered, made no public proclamation until all other means were explored. I have never had to go back and "out" the companies involved after letting them fix their fuckup. I will not, however, deal with them again. Too bad it came to this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So pissed you can't see straight because a front sight shot loose? Really?

Perhaps some introspection is in order.</div></div>

Might want to read the whole thread Skunk, your less than completely informed. </div></div>

It's "you're" a contraction for "you are".

When people get that wrong I get so mad I want to rip the computer off the desk and throw it through the window..oh, wait...no I don't. Self-control and all that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badmojo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What ever happened to handling your business like a MAN before jumping on some internet forum and whining...</div></div>

^^ uh, you're whining on an internet forum?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait for you to make one [mistake] and have someone publicly humiliate you.</div></div>

That's not nice, very tolerant or even MAN like.

~badmojo </div></div>

Try not twist a point just to increase your post count.

Posting pictures and trashing a reputable company because of a mistake before they have an opportunity to correct it is kid shit.

Don't confuse a deliberate slam versus having a little tact in the way you go about things. I'm sure Clark's is thrilled to see how this was positively handled and will welcome his business again.

Wouldn't you or would you be too busy averting internet flames?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's "you're" a contraction for "you are".</div></div>

Grammar police? really? *shakes head*

When you resort to commenting on spelling or grammar, it's simply because you have absolutely nothing left to contribute to the debate... and "you're" a big sissy.

~badmojo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's "you're" a contraction for "you are".

When people get that wrong I get so mad I want to rip the computer off the desk and throw it through the window..oh, wait...no I don't. Self-control and all that. </div></div>

I KNOW RIGHT! and when people use alot instead of a lot. It's two words! Or when I constantly have to correct college students when they start sentences "me and Joe snuffy..." IT IS SNUFFY AND I! The fucking continued assault on the English language; sheesh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badmojo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's "you're" a contraction for "you are".</div></div>

Grammar police? really? *shakes head*

When you resort to commenting on spelling or grammar, it's simply because you have absolutely nothing left to contribute to the debate... and "you're" a big sissy.

~badmojo </div></div>
Really and the dumbfounded impala a couple posts up is a contribution?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The nice thing is that I certainly don't want to have anything built by wnroscoe...that's for damn sure.</div></div>

Agree with William or not, that is just a silly statement. He only knows one way to build a gun and take care of a customer.......absolutely the best way possible. That's why you will wait months on a Louisiana Precision rifle and he is busy as hell. He practices the very advice he gives. We had a problem with starting a rifle build and we addressed it....no web...no grandstanding. As all the good ones do he handled it like a professional and I got a great rifle....then he got another order from me for a second rifle. Main thing is, good people will always do the right thing and take any responsibility if you don't paint them in a corner from the start. That way you get resolution and build on the gunsmith/customer relationship. I expect you would have gotten the same from Clark Custom. You'll still get resolution but at this point the relationship is shot to heck and the reputation is made. As seen, the world of quality gunsmiths is finite.

No dog in this hunt as far as the original post. I would have been pissed/disappointed also, but I agree with those saying the first move should have been directly with Clark Custom vs the web. Even the best screw up, the measure of the business is the way they handle those screw ups. The measure of the customer if whether they handle it maturely.

I have no dog in this fight obviously but I would say a few things. One, I completely agree with whoever said its strange that people that post glowing reviews of the work smiths have done are met with open arms and praises sung, while those who come and post less than steller information are told you jumped the gun on this or that, or you have no right to post up blasting them without contacting them first.

If I get something back and am happy with it, I will let people know how great my experiance was. If i get something back and it is not as expected, i will surely let someone know that even louder. Smack paid 1400 dollars and waited an amount of time for a product, that entitles him, in my opinion, to post whatever he wants. He paid for it, he can comment on it good bad or indiferent.

Furthermore if i recieve something back that has a documented check list saying what was done and not done on an item and I later find that what the check list and function of the item dictates do not match up, well then I would be pissed too. Think of it this way, how would you feel if you paid money to a smith for a build. They said hey its done and we are sending it to you and when you recieve it you get a box of containing a stock and a barrel and an action. . .but not put together, but a check list stating that everything was installed and function tested and worked great how would you feel? Would you say "O man, better call him up and give him a chance to fix this before I say WTF?!?" that seems to me exactly what happened here, but obviously on a much smaller scale. The sight was not installed correctly, paper work says it was. Smack did not get what he paid for, end of story.

Smack, Your handle fits your internet demeanor. I'm sure your pistol will get back to in a condition like you originally expected. Pissed.. ya, ok I get you. But publisizing errors made about any Company before talking to the company about rectifying the situation is just chickenshit/freespeech. Some learn the hard way, hell i do in most cases,but I suspect your intentions were to WRECK a well earned reputation, one that you sought after because of a good reputation and that makes no sense, nor does trying to talk sense into you about personal regard/respect. Good luck, and as you've learned, it ain't just Louisiana that sticks together, good ole boys from all across the South and Midwest particularly those that are very proficient with weapons, more so than you can grasp!

Try and be nice...until its time not to be nice...Geez! didn't you ever watch Swayze in Roadhouse.

The OP is just set on acting like a child, it seems. $1400 on a 1911 is a down payment. I've personally seen (and handled) multiple 1911's at 2 and 3 times that which shipped all jacked up. This is hardly earth shattering news.

If you want to be pissed and throw a fit, CALL the party responsible, and ream them out. Bitching about it here isn't going to solve any of your problems.

I had a gun get fucked up by a smith 3 times in a row. He literally did EVERYTHING he possibly could to make it right. I harbor no grudge about it, but I'm not going back to him for any work, either. He paid shipping, and insisted on making sure I was happy with the work. Offered to transfer a loaner to me while he worked on the repairs, etc.

I won't recommend his work, but I didn't feel the need to blast him on the net, either. Dude acted like a gentleman and didn't try to "screw me", just professionally isn't up to the standard I think he should be.

OTOH, I had a good friend drop $3k+ on a commander 1911 from a highly respected company. It was sent back 5 times, and replaced once...NEVER was right. I had no problem posting up in detail about how he got screwed by that shop. They HAD multiple opportunities to make it right and couldn't. He sold it at a loss, and was glad to be done with it. This was about the 5th jacked up gun of theirs I'd handled. THAT indicates systemic problems...not just an isolated event.

You don't know if the gun went into the wrong pile and shipped out before final work was performed...nothing. You know NOTHING about the backstory, but want to tear into them anyway. This isn't how gentlemen behave.

No one here is saying you shouldn't be pissed. I'd be pissed, but I would direct that energy at the shop. I'd let them know that their work is completely unacceptable, and that you want it made right immediately.

9/10 times shops will go the extra mile and give you free gear or services to attempt to make up for their obvious fumble, just to let you know that they too don't find this acceptable. In this case, after you have demonstrated that your primary concern was dragging their name through the mud rather than getting the problem fixed (as you decided to post this thread rather than contact them first), I hope they don't.

I guess I've cemented my place in history according to several gun smiths in Louisiana. I'm the first dissatisfied customer Clark Custom has ever had? Better yet the first customer that didn't follow their rule of STFU, don't state any facts or dissatisfaction, screw your money and keep you mouth shut because you may affect someones bottom line.

Sing praises publicly if it's right and STFU, keep it low key if it's wrong.

Several are speaking for Clark in this thread, I'm the one dealing with Clark and it was nothing like the direction some have taken this thread. It was straight and to the point. They are getting it back and said they would correct it, we will see.

Several have stated they let Clark know about this thread, did one of those that spoke with Clark ask..

What happened there guys?

How could something like this happen?

NO! Bash the customer, point the finger and move on.

How dare I be dissatisfied, RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHAT KIND OF GRIPS ARE THEY?!?!?!?!?!?!</div></div>

Sorry.. Their VZ grips

Mistakes happen to the best. Regarding spending $1400 on a build and it not being perfect, ever spent $20K on a new car that had problems. The money involved is not everything. When things start to grind down and squeak is when you inject some human fallibility into the equation.

Smack, I hate your pistol was not right. I am sure Clark will take care of it.

Short of blowing up in your face I don't see how this isn't a total wreck. Especially after paying $1400 for wrong height sights falling off, loud and clicking safety and a trigger that won't reset properly. Glad you didn't need the pistol in a self defense situation OP.