• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

toughmudder

salty dog

Minuteman
May 28, 2010
the bluegrass
Anyone ever done one of these? I am thinking about the GA one in march. This would be my first any other SH members thinking about this or have any training tips? toughmudder.com

Re: toughmudder

Been trying to get some friends to do the DFW Mudrrun and some other similiar ones for a while. They look like a blast.

a buddy just finished the Norcal one and he had a blast, now we're starting to train for the SoCal one in May'11

I'm not sure, but I think I'm in for March 19 in Georgia.

I did the Ms Mud Run in Jacksonville (6m/10k) last year. I'm doing a Warrior Dash this Sunday, and will do the Jacksonville 10k again this March. The only thing that will keep me from the Georgia run will be finances.

Since this *was* a dead post until just a few seconds ago...

... has anyone else toed the mark since October?

I did the tri-state area one in nov 2010. It was awesome! i had a great time, and felt it was very challenging. I really liked the teamwork aspect of it, everyone seemed to stop to help each other.

Despite the fun and excitement, it was very very grueling. or perhaps i didnt train enough..

I am looking forward to doing it again this year.

If I can get a date for my heart surgery sometime in March, I'll be going to the one in SoCal in May, hopefully I can get my feet toughened up enough in the mean time to be able to do the 10 miles in my vibram 5 finger shoes.

I was going to do te Tri-State one last November but due to a short turn around on deployments I missed it. I won't be able to make the GA one but I registered for the one in VA. Definatly looks like an all around good time.

Planning on doing SoCal in May - friends have done it and they said it was awesome. Anyone else doing this one?

I did the sc one last year was awesome. Getting a good team is hard for early morning on weekends though as always

I will be doing the socal one it my first time and also will be heading down to pendleton for the mud run. Looks to be lots of fun, been doing some serious training

TOUGH MUDDER Georgia was the real thing. The event was well organized. The course was increased to 12.4 miles the day of the event and designed to suck all day. It didn't suck enough, so they poured pallets of ice into some of the water obstacles.

29% didn't finish. I did by the skin of my teeth. I had a ball and will probably do another one.

A group of guys from my work (The 117th ARW) did the event on Sat. I believe. Cant wait to get in tomorrow to find out how it went. Looked like a crazy event.

I want to do the one in CO also. THere are a lot of folks from my CF gym that are going. Looks like fun

they had a event called "warrior dash" this last weekend in conroe tx....same thing as tough mudder.....i didnt hear about it until the day before, so i couldnt make it..

bench

I did the toughmudder in Austin this year. It freaking rocked. Its no where near as easy as the warrior dash, but that doesn't mean it was "hard". The tough mudder is all about hot/cold transitions. Jumping in ice cold water over your head sucks. It also wreaks havoc on the calves as they want to cramp up nearly the entire race. For training skip the weights. If anything, run/do stairs with a weighted pack. also practice sitting in a baby pool of ice water and running.

My old STA Platoon just created a Tough Mudder team and it will serve as sort of a of reunion at the event in Virginia in October. Looks like a good excuse to get back into running shape! I think it looks like a lot of fun.

I just recently heard about them through a buddy in VA. From the site looks like one is going to be scheduled for the Seattle area in 2012. Anyone else up for it?

I just had my eyes opened to this event. How the crap do you train for it? Does anybody have a website or training regime?

I'm in decent shape, but want to absolutely slaughter this event. I know I'm setting the bar high (perhaps unreachable), but that's the only way I would have it.

Go big or go play in traffic.

Most everybody I talked to at the Georgia event thought that the trail run portion would be the easy part and trained that way. It wasn't. It was 7.5 miles up steep hills. I'm not sure how that is even geographically possible, but that's the way it was.

The only individual obstacle that was especially difficult for me was the 50 rung(or so) monkey bar crossing at the 10 mile mark. I smoked out with three bars to go and fell in the water.

I trained by running 7 miles, four days a week on a flat course. Doing 4 to 5 miles straight and then intervals of 1/8 mile walk-1/4 mile sprints for the final 2 to 3 miles.

On alternate days I did steep incline, high resistance eliptical training in 1 hour sessions.

Upper body was simple push-ups and dumbell curls.

I'm 42. 6ft and 175lbs. I don't have a Bowflex, so they won"t let me play in a rock band.

I'm organizing a team for the TM slated for Sun (23 Oct) in VA. Training routines to date include trail runs w/ CF intervals, rucking w/ packs, stairs, and sprints. We grinded out a sweet 8mi trail run (w/ CF intervals on the :10) at FountainHead Park. Our next team training event will be a sick ruck/hike up Old Rag Mtn in late July.

If any Hide members are interested in joining Team Dakine, please PM me.

Mahalo

Rediculouly fun and a good baseline of what you can hack, or can't hack.

I want to do the Georgia one early next year. Trying to get some friends involved but they dont really seem to be that game for it.

Completed the ToughMudder in VA today. A total blast! 9.25miles, 25+ obstacles, and 4200ft elevation gain up w/ 4100ft elevation down. Team Dakine was in full force. Def going to hit it again next year. Shaka!

Making all those meals ever Sunday is a great way to provide structure. Great idea and excellent work.

Trying to get a team together for the TM Omaha 2012. Dates havent been announced yet but im freakin pumped. It will be my first as well.

I'm doing one on the 20th this month. I can't wait!!! I switched my workouts up for it. I've been doing lots of cardio and tons of giant circuits