• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Toyota president sacked

schroed62

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2005
Iowa U.S.A.
Toyota President Akio Toyoda was critical EV cars, he has now been removed.

Lack of electrical infrastructure/generation and battery raw materials is real problem, never under estimate the power of denial.
And they are just replacing one fossil fuel for another which makes no sense to me. I forger how much little of our energy actually comes from wind/solar

He spoke the truth which was not in line with the WEF narrative. I don't have an issue with EV's but they are not an end all. Instead of a market driven approach, government mandating the conversion to EV's will create a massive misallocation of resources not to mention all the other externalities such the environmental damage and strain on the electrical grid. The majority of the politicians and NGO's pushing this conversion are ideologues with no real world experience who are either ignorant or do not care of the unintended consequences. This push will hit the wall of reality but only much damage has been done.

with the power outages in populated areas.....the ONLY thing that could make that better (insert sarcasm) is everyone adding their vehicle to the load demand.

one would think that people would learn that being one dimensional is foolish. i am not against EVs, but i want nothing to do with them.

Wonder how much his input is in vehicle lines? What I mean is, will toyota suffer because of his loss?

Toyota President Akio Toyoda was critical EV cars, he has now been removed.
He was not "removed" nor was he "sacked".
He stepped away from it.

The man is 66, and will remain chairman of the board. This isn't a firing, it's a nice way of saying he's closer to retirement. If there's any reason beyond that for this move, it probably has more to do with recent profit misses due to supply-chain issues than it does a global conspiracy to force OEs to build EVs.

Reactions: Baron23
Wonder how much his input is in vehicle lines? What I mean is, will toyota suffer because of his loss?

Probably more than the CEO at an American OE, but note that his successor is also a "car guy". The Toyota culture is so strong that I doubt there will be any substantial changes.

Reactions: AllenOne1
Lack of electrical infrastructure/generation and battery raw materials is real problem, never under estimate the power of denial.

The grid problems can be fixed with investment and would lead to other benefits as well (such as a more stable and reliable grid for all users).

The mineral problem is the real issue. It can be addressed to some extent by technology and consumer choices (a willingness to accept less range and performance would dramatically reduce cobalt consumption), but ultimately Mother Earth will force us to make decisions on how we allocate these resources.

Plug-in hybrids make a ton of sense, which is why both GM and Toyota were pursuing this technology a dozen years ago. Don't haul around a 1200lb battery full of rare minerals just for the occasional long trip, and don't burden a large IC engine with operation in inefficient regimes of the speed/torque map.

Reactions: schroed62
Isn't that the government's job?

Only after they crush the company with fuel economy regulations that are completely at odds with real-world buying habits. It's a weird co-dependency.

And they are just replacing one fossil fuel for another which makes no sense to me. I forger how much little of our energy actually comes from wind/solar
When you think about it, all energy except nuclear comes from solar. Fossil fuels are just solar energy that was collected and then stored away for billions of years, and we're tapping into it now. And energy from the sun also drives wind and weather on earth. But to think we can replace cheap and abundant fossil fuels with solar panels and wind turbines is completely retarded.
Kristian

The timing of him leaving seems abrupt.
Look at EV vehicles as an equation if you want them mandated need to balance the generation /infrastructure and production needs.
They push the car with very little acknowledgment of what it takes to make it work in the world.
Hybrid seems fit our current world, this would allow time to address the real issues of EV.
Guess I'll invest in Cu, Co, and electrical transformer companies.....

FABF5C88-456F-40D5-BBE6-486C66FFB5BD.jpeg

There was something about his stance on a car enthusiast site not long ago. Lamenting how Toyota was too slow in getting with EV only. Though I will say, their MPG is pretty horrid on their trucks, SUV, crossovers unless you get a hybrid. Seems their engine technology is behind to me. But I totallly respect that their engines are about as close to bullet proof as you can get - especially V-8's.

We have PJ cancelling mining for 20 years and it all makes more sense that the Cabal is going to do everything they can to literally centralize power and control the masses!!!!!!!!

I have no doubt he was asked to retire or else.

When you think about it, all energy except nuclear comes from solar. Fossil fuels are just solar energy that was collected and then stored away for billions of years, and we're tapping into it now. And energy from the sun also drives wind and weather on earth. But to think we can replace cheap and abundant fossil fuels with solar panels and wind turbines is completely retarded.
Kristian
Solar energy is just nuclear energy that takes a while to get here!

Reactions: turbo_bird
I think from now on, we should refer to “EV’s” as Coal-Powered Cars.

Because that is what they are!

Sirhr

Around here most electricity is produced from Natural gas, with a bit of nuclear and a fair bit of wind (when conditions are right).

The grid problems can be fixed with investment and would lead to other benefits as well (such as a more stable and reliable grid for all users).

The mineral problem is the real issue. It can be addressed to some extent by technology and consumer choices (a willingness to accept less range and performance would dramatically reduce cobalt consumption), but ultimately Mother Earth will force us to make decisions on how we allocate these resources.

Plug-in hybrids make a ton of sense, which is why both GM and Toyota were pursuing this technology a dozen years ago. Don't haul around a 1200lb battery full of rare minerals just for the occasional long trip, and don't burden a large IC engine with operation in inefficient regimes of the speed/torque map.

Market forces are already solving the minerals problem.
Sodium batteries for example are probably about a year away from becoming mainstream in home power storage and 2 years away from becoming mainstream in EVs. The safety aspect alone makes the bean counters at the risk departments much happier.

The more demand and money is poured into wanting batteries, the more money goes into research and development.

It's a shame the stupid EV purists and the stupid hard line green Nazis have so vilified the Plug in Hybrids as they are a wonderful solution for a large portion of the population. That being said a lot of companies half assed it and there needs to be some government standards to make it proper.
I'd suggest that if it were mandated that Plug In Hybrids had around a 60 mile to 100 mile real range in EV mode and standards mandating usable capacity still available after 10 years / 120k and mandating designs where the batteries could be replaced and up front pricing for those battery replacements and mandating 3rd party compatibility, it would pretty much solve the issue of urban vehicle pollution while not causing a problem for anyone owning them to go on long trips.

But unfortunately the hard line assholes and the Global Elites don't want a really good solution to be available that still gives folks freedom and control.

Toyota President knows it's about Hybrids. That's what makes sense.
But, the Hybrid answer didn't go with the NWO/WEFs format. There's not enough 'rare' earth metal to make all the EVs.
I'll still go with Audi Q8 Diesel Hybrid for 80 mpg for the win (now, if we could import them into the USA and if someone can loan me 80K)

Reactions: 91Eunozs
The man is 66, and will remain chairman of the board. This isn't a firing, it's a nice way of saying he's closer to retirement. If there's any reason beyond that for this move, it probably has more to do with recent profit misses due to supply-chain issues than it does a global conspiracy to force OEs to build EVs.
This ^^

I heard something about sulfur batteries as well…

That said, you lost me at “government standards…”

:)

Sirhr

Pretty much every aspect of the automotive industry these days revolves around government set standards or government set regulations.

Reactions: babyguppy
Any thoughts on why Semi-Trucks don't get a Hybrid version? They could make some great mileage on going the hybrid route.
Unless it still comes down to batteries and 1 million miles is an awful lot of battery replacements.

so it isnt just me that thinks that the EV craze is NOT the be all, end all.

I saw an interview he did a little while ago, he was not on board with the entire EV thing.....AT ALL. And there was quite the dust up over his comments that the EV deal was at best optimistic and at worst down right lies (my words). He came under a great deal of pressure.

Perhaps because I am reading a book, a "fiction" book. Where some .gov body is putting pressure to not use something, perhaps that is coloring my thinking.

As I read that book and now I read this, I come away with the thinking......So Mr. Toyota, your company is just amazing, started up after a world war destroyed your entire country and now it is THE force in the automotive business. Some people are thinking it might be time to spend some time with your family, and grand kids and all.....you know they are not going to be around for ever, and you are not as well. Do you understand.

He spoke the truth which was not in line with the WEF narrative. I don't have an issue with EV's but they are not an end all. Instead of a market driven approach, government mandating the conversion to EV's will create a massive misallocation of resources not to mention all the other externalities such the environmental damage and strain on the electrical grid. The majority of the politicians and NGO's pushing this conversion are ideologues with no real world experience who are either ignorant or do not care of the unintended consequences. This push will hit the wall of reality but only much damage has been done.
You said it so much better then I tried to. He was not on board at all and said we are not going to dump money into EV's. We are going to continue to work and improve them, but we are also going with other options as well, we will let the market decide.

I do remember that "market decide" part in his talk. I thought two things when he said it. First how Japanese, second there are very powerful people that do not want the humans to decide anything, they will decide what is best for us, and it will not be the same as it is for them.

Mother fucker, that 60 year old book is more and more true.

I wish I was older.

I don't know if any of the rest of you have noticed but, while doing my channel surfing during the night time hours, I've noticed that EV's aren't being pushed like they were 6-12 months ago (commercials). Maybe, a small clip or two. But... I've noticed, in my area anyways, that there's a big push from the major players with/on full-size trucks. I still stick with my earlier assessment of, batteries are for toys. People are starting to figure it out.
Also, now, you can't claim that $7500.00 tax exemption for buying that EV (thanks to pedo joe/irs), for this year at least. Another FU from your corrupt .gov. Mac

Any thoughts on why Semi-Trucks don't get a Hybrid version? They could make some great mileage on going the hybrid route.
Unless it still comes down to batteries and 1 million miles is an awful lot of battery replacements.

Mainly because the HD truck industry lacks the capital to invest as necessary to bring hybrid tech to market. The last 15+ years have mostly been about compliance with various exhaust emissions mandates (a new one just got published that will kick in for 2027) and surviving the ups-and-downs of the HD market in general. Oscillations in diesel prices doesn't help, either; something with reasonable payback at $5/gal probably doesn't make sense at $2/gal.

Over-the-road trucks could benefit from exhaust gas waste heat recovery and vocational vehicles would be a great place for some sort of launch assist and regenerative braking techniques (either electrical or hydraulic).

The way most over the highway trucks are driven, is not conducive to getting any benefit from being a hybrid. At least that would even begin to justify the costs involved.

What actually does make sense is EV bobtail trucks for inner city deliveries and suburban deliveries and such where there would be a lot of stop and start traffic and lots of idle time and such. Especially in stupid states like CA an NY that are always trying to stick it to the truck delivery drivers.

I don't know if any of the rest of you have noticed but, while doing my channel surfing during the night time hours, I've noticed that EV's aren't being pushed like they were 6-12 months ago (commercials). Maybe, a small clip or two. But... I've noticed, in my area anyways, that there's a big push from the major players with/on full-size trucks. I still stick with my earlier assessment of, batteries are for toys. People are starting to figure it out.
Also, now, you can't claim that $7500.00 tax exemption for buying that EV (thanks to pedo joe/irs), for this year at least. Another FU from your corrupt .gov. Mac

Part of the reason for that is pretty much the only one with actual deliverable EVs is Tesla and so they were just letting all the rest waste money advertising EVs and then waiting for customers to find out they couldn't get them from the advertisers and come to Tesla's website and order them. So they toned down the advertising a bit and are trying to push other big margin stuff they have.

As to the $7500 tax credit (it's a tax credit not a tax exemption), you can still get that depending on what model you buy. like the Tesla Model 3 and some of the model Y ones count as does some of the Model X Also for some foreign built ones, if you set it up as a lease (with a purchase option at the end), you can get that $7500 tax credit (You do now have to make under $150k / $300k to qualify).

so it isnt just me that thinks that the EV craze is NOT the be all, end all.

It's not, its unsustainable.

For some reason, whenever anyone builds up the idea of EV's they sell it like the electricity comes out of thin air. The entire 'where does the electricity come from' component is NEVER talked about. You're getting that electricity only via burning something, hydro (not alot) or nuke (they refuse to build more of).

So let's get everyone in vehicles that use electricity very inefficiently and then burn literally everything we can in order to be able to charge them. Much environment. Such clean.

At some point will come the 'we can produce more than needed via solar and wind power' argument. Yeah...that's what the German government told everyone in the 80s and 90s and used that as its springboard to basically shut down all gas, coal and nuke. How's that working for them right now?

Everyone is missing the bigger picture. The failure aspects we discuss here every day with EV are well known to the leadership. The fact that it is not economically or environmentally viable is the damn point. It is creating a crisis to legislate control of the life and choices of the citizens. Raise the cost to own and operate, thereby reducing the amount of travel, which reduces commerce and freedom of choice. You guys know where this is going, and it isn't about the environment, its about getting rid of YOU.

If cheap fuels can be removed legislatively then we have no choice but to fall in line or starve. Or become luddite natives, which they will be content to let those few die off in a generation while the rest get their crickets, work the jobs they have been given to aid the State, and a euthanizing shot as soon as productivity falls off. They are pursuing societal control via economic means. All these arguments about "there isn't enough grid infrastructure or minerals for batteries" are missing the point. There is not going to be a major attempt at increasing the grid, its far easier to reduce the need of the grid than to increase the grid itself. Think about it. That shortage is what is ushering in the change they seek.

None of what is going on is pro-human. Its totalitarianism. Why people can't see this and get emotionally stuck on the obvious failures of this plan is beyond me. People are assuming that the politicians have the same goals as everyone else but that doesn't appear the case in practice. What we would define as failures others have evidently identified as critical success factors. IT. IS. SUPPOSED. TO. FAIL. Thats the goal, not successful implementation.

Last edited: