• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TPRC

Scottmilk9

Custom AR builder
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2004
Arizona
www.sdrifles.com
February 2008, Mark B, Dave B and myself had an idea of putting on a precision match.
After convincing the board of directors at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, our idea needs to be put into action.
After meeting for at least four hours a week for 5-6 months, work parties that lasted 8-10 hours to build props/build steel and many trial runs at our monthly matches, we finally had a foundation.
Fast forward to this past week:
Friday, RO's shoot: Tim, Mark, Fred, Steve, Roger, Gary, Jeremy, Mike, Brian, Nick, Rob, Clayton, then last but not least me.

Shooters SWAG bags:
Schamag, rite in the rain book, hat, t-shirt, red led light, pen plus a coin(top 10 got gold coins)
Saturday am:
Shooters meeting
300yd cold bore
Squad 1: 500yd bay
LV hostage heads at 200yds,300yds, 400yds, 300yds,200yds
Quick and Dirty was a small run and gun through our dirt piles
Seated plates at 200yds on 10" plates
Marooned in the desert(i used my brothers boat) 2 shots left, 2 shots right side
500yd KYL
Truck hold overs using reticule.
"The Roof" 3 shots prone on back side/ 3 shots sitting from front side
"Mover": MGM targets BCC Target on the mover

Squad 2: 100yd bay
KYL the hard way
Barricade, Kneeling
Running shapes
Barricade, Sitting
Biathlon 5 dot drill
90 degree prone
Barricade, Shapes
Barricade, Standing
Weak shoulder prone
Speed Poker

Squad 3: "The wash"
"The Rock" must hit target A 3 times, 75 second par time
Platform 2 hits on D target and 2 on E target
Desert Barrels, 2 hits weak shoulder on E, 2 hits on A and B from position 2 and 1 hit on A-B-C-D-E from position C.
Sniper Hooch, 1 hit on A-B-C-D-E from under tree
Barricade, 1 shots on A-B-C-D-E using a different position each time
Hang mans KYL Tree: KYL off a tree
Lunch
Rotate to new stage.
Dinner
Night shoot: Place 1 hit on the mover, 1 hit on A target, 1 hit on B target and 1 hit back on the mover.
Move to 100yd station and place 1 hit on paper from 3 different barricades
Move to Practical bays and place 2 hits on target from news stand and 2 hits on target from table.

I had a great time watching all the competitors, putting out small fires and learning a whole lot. There are some minor things that I need to work on as the match director and I'll make that happen, This will be held again next year, stay tuned for dates.

I have a lot of people to thank.
Mark Buchanan of 3gungear first and foremost, without Marks work, dedication, thought process, tireless computer work, ideas, etc....... There would be no match. He deserves most of the credit for this match.
Dave "Ducky" he was our monkey. He climbed the hill to put targets out, chopped up the wash so we could walk, cut branches, shoveled dirt, etc.... If we implemented Daves ideas, everyone would have to run up the hill, touch the water tower and then you can shoot your cold bore. We had to tame him down a little. Davey, You Rock!!!

Gary/Roger/Fred/Mike/Nick/Steve/Jeremy/Brian/Rob/Tim&Regina/Norm/Mark P/Jeff/Jim. You guys are the best staff anyone could want running a match. I did the emails and admin stuff, but all of you made the match run as smooth as it did, I take my hat off to you and of course will be counting on you for the next match. Thank you!!!!!

Cletus(clayton) you are the best support staff person anyone could ask for. Climbing that mountain before lunch and after dinner to paint, taking down steel, fixing anything that broke, you are the man!!

Jim G. He and Mark made the mover possible, without Jim, we wouldn't have have had most of our steel, the countless hours you have put in, its indescribable to put into words, you are the master craftsman.

Deb/Bubba, Thank you for the admin support. I have never seen scores posted so fast. Deb is also the practical Division director, she bought us lunch on our work party days, bought over 30 cases of water and ice to keep everyone hydrated for the match. This is why when Deb asks for something to be done, it happens. Thank you both.

My good buddies who camped at hotel "milk", you 3 are welcome anytime.

To the competitors: What a great display of shooting, Rob O, Brian E and Wayne, congratulations on being the best.

Vu, Mark and Kurt, you guys are my hero's. Now I know what you folks deal with putting on matches. I'm glad to be part of the brotherhood.

A few honorable mentions I would like to list are:
Wayne, being the classiest shooter. he knows why
Ryan K, for being a good sport when his S&B scope broke
Jason L for being a good sport when his S&B scope broke
Matt B for being a good sport when his S&B scope broke
Tom H for sucking it up and getting through the match even though he was sicker than a dog.

Last but not least. "THE SPONSORS"
Tactics, LLC(me)
3 gun gear (Mark)
POF-USA
DPMS
US Optics
Tactical Solutions (Tom H)
Jet Suppressors
Rifles Only
Snipershide.com
Score High Gunsmithing
GA Precision
Bartlein Barrels
Sierra Bullets
Bauer Arms
Ergo Grips
Badger Ordnance
Matt Burkett
Liberty Optics
MGM Targets
Shilen Rifles
LTM refinishing
CS Gunworks
Storm Tactical
Robar
Dillon Precision
LV steel targets
Timney Triggers
CT tactical firearms
CDI Precision
B&T Industries
Linestretch
TAB gear
Cavalry arms
Snap On tools(Brad B)
Quentin laser(did awards)

Please send these folks our appreciation.

One of the biggest successes in my eyes were the schamags. I seen almost everyone using theirs at the match.

Please email me some feedback, no match is perfect, I want to make it even better next year.

Thanks again to Mark and all the other RO's.

My beautiful wife did a lot of the admin work from home, she got the prize bags ready, got the competitor lists ready and just putting up with me deserves an award. Love ya Carrie.

Oh yeah, I'll keep everyone posted on the twins when they arrive.

Re: TPRC

Scott it really was a great match! We all enjoyed it a ton and look forward to next years match. Your crew did a great job and the whole weekend was a blast. Thanks for all the hard work from you and your crew, it showed how hard you worked by how smoothly the match ran. We look forward to seeing you out here in May.

Jacob

Thanks again Scott. You guys were more than helpful when my rig went down. And very fair and accomodating when it came to the tie. Great work.

Scott,
As the new manager of Hotel Milk, I would like to thank you for how great the communication was before and during this match. I always felt comfortable about the range instructions, meeting and start times which allows you to focus more on your shooting..."Lord knows I need to focus".

I never felt rushed on the line, nor did I feel unsafe at any time.

It was refreshing to feel there was no favoritism displayed by any of the staff. It didn't matter whether you were a novice or pro, everyone treated you with respect, had a smile and something nice to say. They remained upbeat throughout the process and didn't talk about the competitors behind their backs.

Scott thanks again for allowing us to attend a truly professional match!!!

Thank you Scott and Crew for putting in all the hard work and efforts to make this match one of my must attends in the future.

Vu

Mike put more photos up on the website this afternoon.
He said there are some good shots from the match.

Hey guys, Mike the match photographer here. I just wanted to let you kow we posted a batch of Day 1 pictures last night, and several other updates to the site. Day 2 is coming, but there's a lot to go through (1,700 photos just from me, and we don't have Darryll the rangemaster's yet) so please be patient with me.
smile.gif

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my constant presence trying to get pictures from every conceivable angle. I tried to be respectful and not interfere with your performance, and I hope the final result makes it worth any annoyance caused.

You are a great bunch of guys and incredibly talented shooters. It was a pleasure meeting you and watching you work through a zoom lens. My thanks to the rest of the match staff for all your help and support, too. I couldn't have done it without you.

Next year we will try to gather a lot more info about everyone's equipment ahead of time so that everyone can study what gear the most successful shooters are using. The TPRC'10, and its website, will just keep getting better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrunkMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...
Thanks to everyone for putting up with my constant presence trying to get pictures from every conceivable angle. I tried to be respectful and not interfere with your performance, and I hope the final result makes it worth any annoyance caused...</div></div>

I never noticed you shooting me while I was putting lead downrange. I'm pretty sure we all were too busy setting up the shot, acquiring targets or cursing at ourselves for missing that <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">easy</span></span> shot. Great Job!

-Mike C.

Good work Mike and thanx for all the pics and work you are doing we appreciate it!!