• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TPS 20 moa bases ?

holeshot308

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
Central/West Texas
Shopping around for a 20 moa base for my Savage FP-10 Choate in .308 Win. Midway has the TPS one piece steel elevated base for about $65.00. It has a built in recoil lug and the two reviews for it were positive. Anyone familiar with these bases? I was looking at the Badger base since I'm using their 30 mm Max-50 rings but the TPS is about half the price and money saved is more ammo in the can. I looked at the EGW bases but prefer one made of steel. The scope I'm using is a Millett 6-25x56 30mm tube. Any info on the TPS base would be appreciated, no big hurry since their on B/O till the end of Dec.

Re: TPS 20 moa bases ?

I have a TPS 20MOA base on one of my rifles (rem 700)...I have nothing bad to say about the base, it does it's job, seemed well made.

I run 2 sets of TPS bases and rings. One on a 300 RUM and the other on a 300 WSM. Both have held up fine and no ring marks.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the EGW steel base at Midway. The TPS is B/O till the end of this month but I'm still waiting on getting my Millett scope back from Bushnell. Holeshot