• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TPS mounts and rings?

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
How is the quality of TPS products? Their mounts and rings are priced less than some others, like Badger and Seekins.
After buying a rifle for $450.00, a scope for $425.00, another scope for $450.00 and a stock for $150.00 I really don't mind saving a little- if the quality is good.
If the Seekins, etc. are much better I can wait and buy the good stuff.

Jim

Re: TPS mounts and rings?

Friends don't let friends use TPS rings. They may be mediorce rings but their service sucks, and when following their torque specs I actually had a scope slide in their rings under .308 recoil. Then when I shared my experience with rings that they'd made they blamed me and told me that because I didn't buy it through them that they weren't going to support me.

With Badger and Seekins around there is no need to look at TPS. If you're looking at something lower end than Badger and Seekins then Burris would be just as good with better people behind it.

Great rings, crappy CS and inventory. I have used four sets and never had an issue. Make sure you install them properly (match the correct sides) otherwise your scope may move.

Im glad you said something about that. I had the same thing happen to mine. I torqued mine proper and then I noticed the scope slipped over 5 rounds of .308
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friends don't let friends use TPS rings. They may be mediorce rings but their service sucks, and when following their torque specs I actually had a scope slide in their rings under .308 recoil. Then when I shared my experience with rings that they'd made they blamed me and told me that because I didn't buy it through them that they weren't going to support me.

With Badger and Seekins around there is no need to look at TPS. If you're looking at something lower end than Badger and Seekins then Burris would be just as good with better people behind it. </div></div>

The TRS rings are available to fit picatinny or a weaver rails, make sure you get the correct rings, if you install the 'W' rings on a picatinny rail the cross bolt will have play in the rail slot and you will get slippage.

Just keep that in mind.

No problems on my M14 or Tikka T3

/cl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TRS rings are available to fit picatinny or a weaver rails, make sure you get the correct rings, if you install the 'W' rings on a picatinny rail the cross bolt will have play in the rail slot and you will get slippage.

Just keep that in mind.

No problems on my M14 or Tikka T3

/cl </div></div>'

I've got 5 pair, both 30mm and 1", both steel and alloy and both Picatinny cross-bolts and Weavers. Never had a problem on my BO, Ken Farrell and TPS rails. Have them on a 22-250, 308 and 7 rem mag.

You can use the Weavers on Picatinny slots with no slippage (of the rings in the slots) if you spread the rings out in the slots before tightening them down. Front ring gets pushed forward before cinching down and the rear ring gets pulled rearward before tightening. Once this is done, you can place the scope in the rings and lock the caps down.

This method still allows you to move the entire, scope w/rings forward or rearward on the rail, for adjusting eye relief.

No fuss, no muss. Now, you can't put the Picatinny bolts on a Weaver slot, as they're too wide.

Chris

If you are after good affordable rings, check out the Burris XTR series. Good rings that get the job done. They are not pretty or sexy like the NF or Badger or Seekins, but they work.