• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tracking Point .50 M107, $20k

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    So I was talking to my buddy last night and we came around to Tracking Point somehow. He looked it up, first time he'd seen it. Last time I saw 'em they were selling $20,000 AR's. Those are down to $6k or so but now they have a suppressor ready M107 wired into that Tracking Point scope. Suppose to do it's thing out to 1 mile.

I just found it interesting they are getting the price down and that this M107 is priced at about what some of you actually have in a traditional M107 setup. The rifle and S&B's best optic will run about the same.

https://www.tracking-point.com/weapons/mi50-barrett-50-caliber-rifle/

Whatever you think about these setups, you gotta admit it's pretty cool even if it's not for you. IMO it takes a lot out of why I shoot in the first place.

But I can hear MSNBC's resident lesbian's shrill voice demeaning it already... "Oh my god, snipers with no training, there'll be an ARMY of ignorant as fuck sharpshooters with automated AK's and long clips at every event now!"

No way this thing works that seamlessly and reliably. Just looks too good to be true. But then again, what is the point of shooting if you can’t miss?

Reactions: Strykervet
    1.) It only can measure wind at your position, so you are not hitting anything at extended ranges if you cannot properly call wind. So why bother with this thing in the first place?

2.) You have to depress the trigger for certain functions (like image stabilization), which seems like a terrible idea.

Reactions: Strykervet
    The photo on that page prominently features a dude with a mullet if that tells you anything.

1527311286924.png

That trigger finger sucks, it looks curled around the trigger or literally using the tip.

For 20k go spend that in ammo and professional training and actually learn something...

It is too good to be true. These guys are always testing stuff and bringing potential clients out to the range in Liberty Hill. We are shooting clays, they are missing steel plates. I've got nothing against them; they are nice folks, but it is not the next thing in precision shooting.

I don't wish them any ill will either, but come on! Who shoulders a Barrett M82A1 or 107 like that? Maybe it's the Airsoft version.

I agree with the sentiment that it takes the sport out of shooting but you got to admit that the tech is cool. I don't like the idea of using it for hunting or other sporting purposes but there is going to be some very useful real world applications for this as the technology evolves. We all thought electric cars were gay but the Tesla has changed a lot of minds.