• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRASOL or AB - Suppressor Offset/Correction

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Good morning,

I need some input. I am currently using AB and trying to figure out a clever way to input/build a secondary rifle or ammo profile that I can use when running a suppressor. Theoretically, I would like to zero without suppressor and correct when running a can. Does anybody have insight on how to do that? Use sight offset, elevation correction, zero height???

Another option would be to use another BC. I have seen TRASOL has a suppressor correction option correct? Are there any others?

Well for $5.00 Trasol gives great solutions and yes they don't update it like they should but i'm still using it.
But to answer the question Trasol has a Zero Setting option on the Equipment Entry tab that is easy to use and works. I use that option on my DTA A1 rifle, one barrel/caliber, the scope is setup as the base zero @ 100yds ( E=0, W=0) and then when i change to another barrel the POI is different and I use the Zero Setting to enter the correction (E= 0.3U, W=.0.2R) which is saved with that barrel equipment profile and all of the solutions are factored based on the correction. It takes 5 seconds to do and you are good to go from there. Hopefully this makes sense. Set it once and you are done, it's always with that profile until you change it.

AB mobile has the same type of Elevation & Windage Corrections that are input when you set up the rifle-scope profile. No correction @ zero range, Elevation Correction = 1, Windage Correction =1. Adjust these corrections to your POI shift you observe swapping scopes or adding muzzle devices, load changes etc.
In AB Analytics the settings are called "Sight Scale Factor" for Elevation & Windage. I still don't understand why similar adjustment feature nomenclature is not the same between the two platforms ! Perhaps someone can weigh in on the not-so-apparent logic.

AB mobile has the same type of Elevation & Windage Corrections that are input when you set up the rifle-scope profile. No correction @ zero range, Elevation Correction = 1, Windage Correction =1. Adjust these corrections to your POI shift you observe swapping scopes or adding muzzle devices, load changes etc.
In AB Analytics the settings are called "Sight Scale Factor" for Elevation & Windage. I still don't understand why similar adjustment feature nomenclature is not the same between the two platforms ! Perhaps someone can weigh in on the not-so-apparent logic.

I see the correction factor options. However, how do I set it? Is each full value equal to a mil? How do the program know which way the correction is intended to move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't understand why similar adjustment feature nomenclature is not the same between the two platforms ! Perhaps someone can weigh in on the not-so-apparent logic.

Just to make our lives a little more miserable :cool:

Here's the information from the two platform manuals.

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.48.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.49.07 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.46.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.46.24 PM.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.51.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.51.38 PM.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.53.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 9.53.00 PM.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 24
Sight Scale Factor - This is to correct for the true travel of your turrets vs what is indicated on the dial.

Zero Height and Zero Offset - This can serve different roles. One of them, like you are asking about, is to account for the zero shift when your remove the suppressor. The key here is to make absolutely certain this is repeatable. The other use of this, is when you cannot zero your scope (If one click on the scope sends you past zero) you can adjust for this. Say the scope has 1/2 moa clicks instead of 1/8th.

Sight Scale Factor - This is to correct for the true travel of your turrets vs what is indicated on the dial.

Zero Height and Zero Offset - This can serve different roles. One of them, like you are asking about, is to account for the zero shift when your remove the suppressor. The key here is to make absolutely certain this is repeatable. The other use of this, is when you cannot zero your scope (If one click on the scope sends you past zero) you can adjust for this. Say the scope has 1/2 moa clicks instead of 1/8th.

Thanks! I found the zero height and zero offset. I think I got it to work right.

My suppressor shoots 1" low and 1" left. ZH=-1 and ZO=1.

So does this look right?

e991c165250327ecbd5a737e80a74df8.jpg

912ebcaa15f5ce57d5780383a60cce75.jpg