• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Traveling with 640 pounds of TNT

Hopefully some redneck is using it to blow shit up on his back 40, rather than some terrorist with bad plans.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Yikes

Hopefully it is the low grade stuff

Somebody on the other thread said it was initially dynamite, now they're calling it C4.

But that could be how 10/22's turn into atom bombs when media gets ahold of it, so who really knows.

I was first told dynamite but at our safety meeting yesterday morning they said c4. I thought they used a powder mixture now days for blasting rock. But I don't know much when it comes too that work

I was first told dynamite but at our safety meeting yesterday morning they said c4. I thought they used a powder mixture now days for blasting rock. But I don't know much when it comes too that work

They usually use this shit that comes in binary form in trucks; it gets mixed and piped down a hole. I forget what they call it. Sort of like ANFO though.

640lbs. is a LOT of C4 and I wonder why they were sitting on so much of that without worthwhile security. Hell, it probably took the thieves half an hour at least to steal it and whoever stole it likely knew what they were doing. What are the storage considerations for that much?

Now they have something to actually be worried about, a real threat and they offer $10k. Geez. Consider this:

A WW2 "blockbuster" demolition bomb was 500lbs. of TNT. 640lbs. of C4 is probably a bit less than 1000lbs. TNT in equivalence. 640lbs is a square number too, oh, say the size of a square shipping pallet IIRC. Military C4 comes in 1lb. blocks (IIRC) about twice the size of a stick of butter. Full of HE. It's a lot to go missing, it'd take up damn near the full bed of a pickup truck. And it'd take time to load it. Been there, done that (demo spendex, didn't have to steal mine!).

Reminds me of when the FBI van full of full autos and shit went missing --FBI left the keys in it and unlocked or some shit and a random guy just drove off. But when he saw what he stole, he abandoned it and nothing was missing. Doesn't sound like what happened here, no, these guys know what they got and unfortunately in this case, the clock is ticking.

Whoever was "storing" it should be held accountable, shit, I store gunpowder and primers better than that.

Military C4 comes in 1lb. blocks (IIRC) about twice the size of a stick of butter.

If nothing’s changed over the years, each stick weighs 1.25 lbs. that’s a lot of satchel charges at 20 lbs a piece.

Military C4 comes in 1lb. blocks (IIRC) about twice the size of a stick of butter.

If nothing’s changed over the years, each stick weighs 1.25 lbs. that’s a lot of satchel charges at 20 lbs a piece.

I knew it was at least a pound but less than 2. Consider this though, at that weight and size, 1.5x11 inches, that's 512 blocks of C4. Not sure what civilian demo looks like but C4 is C4 regardless (I think they use a more expensive plasticizer or additive in military grade but that about it).

*Update* it's actually 704lbs. now, 16 cases, and it looks like pink paste in a sausage tube, not the more solid white C4 I'm familiar with. They upped the reward to $20k, still pennies considering the risk if you ask me. But I looked it up and that seems to be what ATF offers for any amount of stolen demo.