• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Tree reticles what are the options.

jd-11

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
South Dakota
I was wondering what some of the different options were for tree reticles? lv5 NF, varmitter leupold, premier, bushnell g2hdmr. USO custom. Will scope companies change out reticles for what you want? I am really thinking the Bushnell or NF. What is everyone elses thoughts.

It depends on what you are going to be shooting with it....I have the Bushnell 6-25X50 FFP with the G2 reticle. When I first saw it I thought it was going to be too "busy" but after shooting it out to 600 yds and not wanting to mess with the windage knob, it makes a great reticle for using holdoffs in the wind. This is my first "expensive" scope I have purchased and when I need another one for my next rifle I will again go with FFP and a similar "tree" reticle scope. I use this scope for everything: paper/steel/deer hunting.

I am a big fan of the G2 in my DMR. Its very functional and it does not clutter the sight picture.

IOR MP8 is also a fantastic reticule. I wish that was an option for some other companies.

I really like the Vortex EBR-2B thats in my Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50.

Subtension card from vortex's site:
sub_rzr_f_5-20x50_ebr2b_mrad.jpg

The Bushell was one of the one I was considering, I have a varmitter on my praire dog gun and really like it, I was wondering about the adjustments. if you zero it at 200 and then want to shoot at 800, do the lines mess with you on your holdoves?

this is my choice for a "tree" as well,. I wish I could get it in the 5-25 PH scope,. but it does just fine in the Razor.

for my application on a .300 Win. Mag. rifle (Rem 700 5r with 20MOA base) using the Hornady 180gr Superformance SST and a 100yd zero I can use the "tree" on any target within 1,000yds and not have to dial any elevation on my scope,.. basically it turns my scope into a big assed ACOG. however if I shoot the 208 A-max or 220SMK the ranges and holds change but it still works the same way for whatever load you shoot thru your rifle.

Vortex makes another reticle in the cheaper line called the XLR but I believe in SFP is where I have seen it. Not sure if it is FFP. You could check out holland reticles as well.

Great Reticle

I have this scope and reticle in MOA and use it for all of my bolt rifles (I use the Spuhr detachable mount and then just mount the scope on whatever rifle I am using at the time. I have a reference chart that gives me the turret settings for each rifle. Just mount the scope, dial the settings, and I am good to go.). Since the subtends are in MOA for my reticle, the info from a good ballistic program gives me the exact holdover for elevation and windage. It has been spot on for all of my rifles and distances. Since it is first focal plane, the holds are the same at any magnification. As long as you have accurate info about your load and a good program the results are great. I am glad I bought this reticle since I like to use holdovers instead of adjusting knobs. The mount is great quality and has never been more than one click off (1/4 moa) when re-mounted on any rifle.