• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tremor 2 vs 3

MJ2936

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
USA
Hey all, I was looking at the two tremor reticles for a gas gun 308. It seems the horus reticles and their utility have been discussed, and each of the T2/3 merits individually, but not so much a direct comparison between the two. This will not be going on a bolt gun and ranges 400-800yds.

Pros and cons of each? Which would you put on a 308 gas gun?

thanks in advance

My opinion, nothing wrong with either one. I believe the T2 is perfect on a gas gun as it does not clutter as much. A lot of rapid engagement drills can be used with the T2 on a 308 gas gun that makes it a perfect match. Nothing wrong with the T3 either, my only thing with it is the reticle is best suited on a higher magnification optic than those that are 15 to 18x range. Thinner lines on the T3. This makes a difference with the type of background you shoot in. The T2 allows me to see and hold so much faster, as to the T3 I have to concentrate a little more with all the little hash marks. So, guess it depends on the optic you choose, and the purpose you want to use it at. Range work, competition, hunting.... Either one will be just fine.

Does the mil hash marks change in value as you go down the vertical axis? I was watching the videos online of someone trying to explain ranging using standard 12" targets (shoulder to head) and I think I got confused. I'm guessing the T2 has standard Mil divisions on the horizontal and vertical axis, with the wind hold grids every 1 mil vertically and horizontally without divisions in between, with the BDC wind dots superimposed. The T3 seems to divide those 1mil wind hold grids more and has the H59-type accuracy first calculators above the horizontal axis. Any other differences between the T2 and T3?

The main differences are above center line of the T3, you have a holds for movers that T2 doesnt have. As you come down the reticle with the T3, mil hold lines stay above horizontal lines and wind dots stay below the line making holds using wind dots or hash marks much easier vs T2. Dots are always wind and hash marks are always mils above 10 mils.

I really like the Tremor3 and have found the wind dots helpful over trying to pick up a .2 mil hash mark for wind holds no more than 3 mils which is about 600 yards with my 6 creed. If shooting IPSC size targets, one can find holding useful at longer ranges but on small targets past 3 mils, I dial elevation and hold wind. Therefore the floating center dot is very useful.