• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG-22/42 Folding Stock from KRG!

Massoud

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2008
Boise area, Idaho
www.krg-ops.com
Gents,

Our folding stock for the TRG-22/42 is now shipping! This is the rear buttstock only. It bolts on as a direct replacement for the fixed buttstock on your TRG, you keep the forend, triggerguard, and aluminum "backbone" of your current TRG. Here's some key specs:

-Weight: 2.93lb
-Price: $890
-Adjustments: LOP and Cheek height tool-less, allen wrench to move buttpad up/down and cant 15 degrees, cheekpiece fore/aft, bag rider fore/aft
-Colors: Black aluminum with green or black grip panels (see pics, please specify color during checkout in special instructions)
-Locks open and closed
-Shipping: Free until Christmas, Happy Holidays! (first ship date 19-20 DEC)
-Where to order: Our website, the purchase tab here: http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/fstrg.php
-Installation: Simple with allen wrenches, loosen a couple screws, replace, tighten a few screws

The back story: This was one of our very first product ideas. As you know, the folder by itself from Sako costs around 2700 retail (for just the back end). Well we thought we could do it better and at less cost to the shooter. We've had various prototypes in testing for almost two years. Some of you have seen one at a match here and there. This back end is what gave rise to our full stock, the Whiskey-3 Chassis (for Tikka T3, Rem 700, and others). In fact you can swap this folder to your Whiskey-3 (any inlet) if you so choose.

The mechanism/lockup: Many of you will be wondering what the lockup is like and if there's any play in the system. A solid lockup was a top priority. The system we settled on is a spring loaded tapered plunger style, similar to another chassis on the market with a very solid lock up. This type of system accounts for wear and holds solid without being extremely difficult to fold like some stocks we've seen. Bottom line, we feel like we achieved our goal of a solid lockup. Now for Pics!

DSC_5437mod.jpg

DSC_5447mod.jpg

IMG_2986mod.jpg

IMG_3016mod.jpg

Re: TRG-22/42 Folding Stock from KRG!

Damn I can't wait on mine! Those pics are getting me excited as my TRG will be almost identical!

Omg why did I have to open this thread? Must resist the urge...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will Fennell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ARRRRRGH!
I just ordered another TRG....this time a 20" that I would love to have a folder on...but its in TAN...any plans for a Tan version of the folder? </div></div>

Duracoat/Cerakote and DIY. That's what I will do with my tan/FDE cerakoted TRG. And I will coat my black W3/T3 with some other color.

I'm wanting one bad, struggling not to charge it. The recent divorce set me back a bit. With that said, I do see this in my near future. It will make my 20" very portable.

Gents, you know you want one! haha.

Will, really what I would suggest would be getting a black one and then sending off the grip panels and also the forend for cerakote/duracoat to get a good color match between the set. It's pretty difficult to get a good color match when only coating one thing. Or you could be one of the first to have a hydro-dipped TRG!

Unfortunately a tan one would be a ways out from us.
Justin

Damn damn damn. If I wasn't so far into a current build for my wife I'b be ordering a complete chassis with the folder to fit a S/A R700.

Might have to put a McM up for sale............

Flynn,

The folder on a 20" makes it an extremely compact package! I can get mine into some cases I never though possible.

We're really excited to finally bring this to market. As Justin said in the OP this was one of the first ideas we had for KRG. It's been a long time coming!

-John

zunrj5 has put W3 w/ short 20" in bags that look like the proverbial violin case; which ends up looking quite innocuous (aka 'it doesn't look there's a gun in there'). And if you get the action wrench you could make the entire package unbelievably compact and portable with a quick barrel detach.
I am fine with basic black color as sold; that way I can determine whatever color I want. I already did FDE for my TRG (http://www.dvcguns.com/2011/07/rifle-gallery.html)but I want to do something different for the W3. Will consult the color chart and maybe go with a two tone again maybe with a darker brown.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zunrj5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flynn,

The folder on a 20" makes it an extremely compact package! I can get mine into some cases I never though possible.

We're really excited to finally bring this to market. As Justin said in the OP this was one of the first ideas we had for KRG. It's been a long time coming!

-John </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,

Our folding stock for the TRG-22/42 is now shipping! This is the rear buttstock only. It bolts on as a direct replacement for the fixed buttstock on your TRG, you keep the forend, triggerguard, and aluminum "backbone" of your current TRG. Here's some key specs:

-Weight: 2.93lb
-Price: $890
-Adjustments: LOP and Cheek height tool-less, allen wrench to move buttpad up/down and cant 15 degrees, cheekpiece fore/aft, bag rider fore/aft
-Colors: Black aluminum with green or black grip panels (see pics, please specify color during checkout in special instructions)
-Locks open and closed
-Shipping: Free until Christmas, Happy Holidays! (first ship date 19-20 DEC)
-Where to order: Our website, the purchase tab here: http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/fstrg.php
-Installation: Simple with allen wrenches, loosen a couple screws, replace, tighten a few screws

The back story: This was one of our very first product ideas. As you know, the folder by itself from Sako costs around 2700 retail (for just the back end). Well we thought we could do it better and at less cost to the shooter. We've had various prototypes in testing for almost two years. Some of you have seen one at a match here and there. This back end is what gave rise to our full stock, the Whiskey-3 Chassis (for Tikka T3, Rem 700, and others). In fact you can swap this folder to your Whiskey-3 (any inlet) if you so choose.

The mechanism/lockup: Many of you will be wondering what the lockup is like and if there's any play in the system. A solid lockup was a top priority. The system we settled on is a spring loaded tapered plunger style, similar to another chassis on the market with a very solid lock up. This type of system accounts for wear and holds solid without being extremely difficult to fold like some stocks we've seen. Bottom line, we feel like we achieved our goal of a solid lockup. Now for Pics!

DSC_5437mod.jpg

DSC_5447mod.jpg

IMG_2986mod.jpg

IMG_3016mod.jpg
</div></div>

What tripod model is that? Also, what all is included in that pile of optics mounted on top of the tripod?

damn, now I have to buy another TRG to put this folder on, oh well.
good work KRG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What tripod model is that? Also, what all is included in that pile of optics mounted on top of the tripod?</div></div>

Ranger,

The tripod is one that was issued with the Viper II LRF (not quite sure of the proper name). The spotting scope is a Leupold sitting in a Badger Ordnance S2NVI rail. The unit on top is the AN/PSQ-23 STORM and out front a PVS-26.

-john