• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 42 bipod question.

Ghostcoyote

Minuteman
Feb 26, 2010
Ohio
Hello, new to the forum.
Does anyone know the min. and max. height on the sako trg bipod?
Having trouble getting the specs.
Thanks,

Re: TRG 42 bipod question.

They have two versions, one with a wider stance, about 7-8 inches tall on low and perhaps 12+ inches on high. This is the older version, IIRC.

The newer version is a little less wide in the distance between the feet. I've not toyed with this one, but I would think that it's about the same height.

I have the older version and it's notched. It's definitely taller, when extended, than 6-9 Harris BR models and closer to their 9-12" model.

Chris

Thanks Chris,
I couldn't glean a thing from their site.

Ghostcoyote

Measuring the new version from the ground to the spigot ranges from about about 6.5" to 11".

I have a trg and love it but am undecided on the bipod. I currently shoot a harris br-s, and have no real complaints, but would like to know someones opnion on the sako bipod or others. My main focus is accuracy, is the sako more stable or easier to get at the correct height? I do like a swivle bipod but one that is not floppy. I also dont want to add several pounds to my rifle for very little gains. I would appreicate any real world info thank you. I would also like any intel on the parker hale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a trg and love it but am undecided on the bipod. I currently shoot a harris br-s, and have no real complaints, but would like to know someones opnion on the sako bipod or others. My main focus is accuracy, is the sako more stable or easier to get at the correct height? I do like a swivle bipod but one that is not floppy. I also dont want to add several pounds to my rifle for very little gains. I would appreicate any real world info thank you. I would also like any intel on the parker hale. </div></div>

I bought the Sako for my 338LM. It was expensive even four years back. It's a bit more robust than the Harris 6-9 BR-M swivels with podlocs that I have on two other rifles, heavier too, which isn't a bad thing when shooting the 338LM. The Sako doesn't have a lock for its swivel function, so it's probably not for you.

The Finns feel it's a fine bipod, but they did shorten the width of the stance, on the newer version.

I like it, but I could easily live with the Harris 'pods.

Chris

There is a aftermarket spigot coming out for the TRG that will allow you to mount the ATLAS bipod. I am waiting for that. You get a rock solid bipod that mounts up just like the factory and it gives you a low CG than the harris.

Josh

I gotta agree with ChrisGarrett. I have the factory pod and while I like it and think it is probably tougher, I am used to the harris friction lock and it does have a "floppy" feel to me. I don't however like how top heavy the gun is with the harris underneath, I am really interested in the spigot coming out MinorDamage mentioned. Assuming Accushot is manufacturing that??? Any idea when its due out?

Cody

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Flying C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta agree with ChrisGarrett. I have the factory pod and while I like it and think it is probably tougher, I am used to the harris friction lock and it does have a "floppy" feel to me. I don't however like how top heavy the gun is with the harris underneath, I am really interested in the spigot coming out MinorDamage mentioned. Assuming Accushot is manufacturing that??? Any idea when its due out?

Cody </div></div>

You can get on a mailing list to be notified of any news. Yes, it is being made by accushot. They have an AI spigot that mounts to the factory location and the sako adapter will do the same. I have lightly used an ATLAS before and there is just no other bipod that can come close for the money. Definitely better than a harris although I have never had a failure with any of mine. As to when it will be out...hopefully sometime in the summer. They projected early this year, but I haven't heard any more. Search around for "Atlas TRG spigot" on google.

Josh

Thanks for the info Josh. FYI, I just got off the phone with the Accushot folks and they are about to start production. He told me to send them an e-mail at [email protected] and put "add me to the TRG spigot list" in the subject line and they are going to go down the list as they start rolling them off.

Cody

The Sako bi-pod locks up just fine if you preload it. I have been using this bi-pod in thousand yard shoots competing against benchrest type equipment and holding my own. Just put a little shoulder into it and it locks up.

I have a versapod on mine, and I am pretty impressed so far. I have harris bipods on a couple of my other guns, I like how the versapod can fold either way for ease of storage in the safe. Also comes with 3 different bipod feet for different surfaces.

Just another option.

CJG

Maybe Pete Lincoln can give us a little review on his TRG designed bipod.